Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga are horrific ORPHANS for Joel Silver!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. It looks like Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga are going to slum it and work on a Dark Castle horror flick for Joel Silver called ORPHAN. Sounds like another take on the OMEN formula... A couple loses a kid and adopts an innocent little girl who's not so innocent. HOUSE OF WAX's Jaume Collet-Serra is directing. If it wasn't for the quality of the cast, I'd have dropped this film off my radar already, but I'm hoping that Sarsgaard and Farmiga, neither known for doing typical studio crap, indicates a strong take on the well worn evil kid formula.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:06 a.m. CST
Or does Vera Parmigiana look like a young Katherine Keener?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:12 a.m. CST
or didn't vera farmiga star in another omen retread? like six months ago?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:27 a.m. CST
by Cheif Brody
or...is it just me?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:32 a.m. CST
... or am I really sad for continuing the 'is it me' gag?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:34 a.m. CST
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:39 a.m. CST
It had fun and splatter and didn't take itself serious. Like a giant Tales From The Crypt episode!
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:59 a.m. CST
There's a chunk of that movie that is truly terrific, and if you don't think so, you're not a horror movie fan...
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:32 a.m. CST
by 'Cholera's Ghost
I doubt that after that SNL sketch I will ever be able to say his name properly again.
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:58 a.m. CST
House on Haunted Hill was a pretty decent film. Thirteen Ghosts was a steaming fuckturd of a film.
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:07 p.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
I loved Vincent Price and Charles Bronson.
Nov. 30, 2007, 9:47 p.m. CST
like she enjoys anal ? I'm thinking she does.
Dec. 1, 2007, 10:54 a.m. CST
She just needs the right vehicle. Maybe a remake to "Who Can Kill A Child?"
Dec. 1, 2007, 10:56 a.m. CST
Dec. 2, 2007, 11:12 a.m. CST
Sarsgaard owns everything he has been in. He got me to see "Flightplan" so it may not be much of a stretch that he will get me to see this unflushed bobber. He needs another "Shattered Glass" to come along.
Dec. 3, 2007, 7:21 a.m. CST
I don't know about all this "not known for doing studio crap" bit. While I am big fan of PS in movies like Shattered Glaas, Kinsey and even Garden State, there's also Flightplan, not to mention the unbearable Skeleton Key. Hit or miss, only good as the script, needs a director - what have you, but not known for only indies, unfortunately.
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 133 total posts 133 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 81 total posts 79 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 84 total posts 58 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 149 total posts 45 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 68 total posts 42 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 182 total posts 40 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 61 total posts 36 posts
- Merrick Stands Up In The Milky Way To Be Pummeled By The Greatness Of COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY!! -- 33 total posts 33 posts