Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga are horrific ORPHANS for Joel Silver!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. It looks like Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga are going to slum it and work on a Dark Castle horror flick for Joel Silver called ORPHAN. Sounds like another take on the OMEN formula... A couple loses a kid and adopts an innocent little girl who's not so innocent. HOUSE OF WAX's Jaume Collet-Serra is directing. If it wasn't for the quality of the cast, I'd have dropped this film off my radar already, but I'm hoping that Sarsgaard and Farmiga, neither known for doing typical studio crap, indicates a strong take on the well worn evil kid formula.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:06 a.m. CST
Or does Vera Parmigiana look like a young Katherine Keener?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:12 a.m. CST
or didn't vera farmiga star in another omen retread? like six months ago?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:27 a.m. CST
by Cheif Brody
or...is it just me?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:32 a.m. CST
... or am I really sad for continuing the 'is it me' gag?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:34 a.m. CST
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:39 a.m. CST
It had fun and splatter and didn't take itself serious. Like a giant Tales From The Crypt episode!
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:59 a.m. CST
There's a chunk of that movie that is truly terrific, and if you don't think so, you're not a horror movie fan...
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:32 a.m. CST
by 'Cholera's Ghost
I doubt that after that SNL sketch I will ever be able to say his name properly again.
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:58 a.m. CST
House on Haunted Hill was a pretty decent film. Thirteen Ghosts was a steaming fuckturd of a film.
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:07 p.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
I loved Vincent Price and Charles Bronson.
Nov. 30, 2007, 9:47 p.m. CST
like she enjoys anal ? I'm thinking she does.
Dec. 1, 2007, 10:54 a.m. CST
She just needs the right vehicle. Maybe a remake to "Who Can Kill A Child?"
Dec. 1, 2007, 10:56 a.m. CST
Dec. 2, 2007, 11:12 a.m. CST
Sarsgaard owns everything he has been in. He got me to see "Flightplan" so it may not be much of a stretch that he will get me to see this unflushed bobber. He needs another "Shattered Glass" to come along.
Dec. 3, 2007, 7:21 a.m. CST
I don't know about all this "not known for doing studio crap" bit. While I am big fan of PS in movies like Shattered Glaas, Kinsey and even Garden State, there's also Flightplan, not to mention the unbearable Skeleton Key. Hit or miss, only good as the script, needs a director - what have you, but not known for only indies, unfortunately.
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 196 total posts 41 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 153 total posts 39 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 56 total posts 25 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 107 total posts 23 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 130 total posts 20 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 59 total posts 16 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 97 total posts 15 posts
- The New Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1 Hints That The Movie Is Freakin’ Huge!! -- 266 total posts 13 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 27 total posts 10 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 51 total posts 7 posts