Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga are horrific ORPHANS for Joel Silver!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. It looks like Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga are going to slum it and work on a Dark Castle horror flick for Joel Silver called ORPHAN. Sounds like another take on the OMEN formula... A couple loses a kid and adopts an innocent little girl who's not so innocent. HOUSE OF WAX's Jaume Collet-Serra is directing. If it wasn't for the quality of the cast, I'd have dropped this film off my radar already, but I'm hoping that Sarsgaard and Farmiga, neither known for doing typical studio crap, indicates a strong take on the well worn evil kid formula.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:06 a.m. CST
Or does Vera Parmigiana look like a young Katherine Keener?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:12 a.m. CST
or didn't vera farmiga star in another omen retread? like six months ago?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:27 a.m. CST
by Cheif Brody
or...is it just me?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:32 a.m. CST
... or am I really sad for continuing the 'is it me' gag?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:34 a.m. CST
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:39 a.m. CST
It had fun and splatter and didn't take itself serious. Like a giant Tales From The Crypt episode!
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:59 a.m. CST
There's a chunk of that movie that is truly terrific, and if you don't think so, you're not a horror movie fan...
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:32 a.m. CST
by 'Cholera's Ghost
I doubt that after that SNL sketch I will ever be able to say his name properly again.
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:58 a.m. CST
House on Haunted Hill was a pretty decent film. Thirteen Ghosts was a steaming fuckturd of a film.
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:07 p.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
I loved Vincent Price and Charles Bronson.
Nov. 30, 2007, 9:47 p.m. CST
like she enjoys anal ? I'm thinking she does.
Dec. 1, 2007, 10:54 a.m. CST
She just needs the right vehicle. Maybe a remake to "Who Can Kill A Child?"
Dec. 1, 2007, 10:56 a.m. CST
Dec. 2, 2007, 11:12 a.m. CST
Sarsgaard owns everything he has been in. He got me to see "Flightplan" so it may not be much of a stretch that he will get me to see this unflushed bobber. He needs another "Shattered Glass" to come along.
Dec. 3, 2007, 7:21 a.m. CST
I don't know about all this "not known for doing studio crap" bit. While I am big fan of PS in movies like Shattered Glaas, Kinsey and even Garden State, there's also Flightplan, not to mention the unbearable Skeleton Key. Hit or miss, only good as the script, needs a director - what have you, but not known for only indies, unfortunately.
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1099 total posts 326 posts
- Has STAR WARS EPISODE VII Landed Its First Non-OT Cast Member? -- 296 total posts 296 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of The New CAPTAIN AMERICA (1990) Blu-ray!! -- 172 total posts 172 posts
- STAR WARS REBELS Coming To Disney XD Fall 2014!! Chock Full-O-McQuarrie!?!? -- 167 total posts 167 posts
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 1306 total posts 165 posts
- Steven Seagal might be joining THE EXPENDABLES 3!! -- 153 total posts 153 posts
- Kurt Russell and Timothy Olyphant sign up to throw a BONE TOMAHAWK!!! -- 94 total posts 94 posts
- ‘Darkness Will Devour Them All!!’ Sunday Brings Antepenultimate GAME OF THRONES For HBO!! -- 301 total posts 83 posts
- Capone gets Extremis talking to actor James Badge Dale about IRON MAN 3, THE LONE RANGER and WORLD WAR Z!!! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 588 total posts 49 posts