Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga are horrific ORPHANS for Joel Silver!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. It looks like Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga are going to slum it and work on a Dark Castle horror flick for Joel Silver called ORPHAN. Sounds like another take on the OMEN formula... A couple loses a kid and adopts an innocent little girl who's not so innocent. HOUSE OF WAX's Jaume Collet-Serra is directing. If it wasn't for the quality of the cast, I'd have dropped this film off my radar already, but I'm hoping that Sarsgaard and Farmiga, neither known for doing typical studio crap, indicates a strong take on the well worn evil kid formula.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:06 a.m. CST
Or does Vera Parmigiana look like a young Katherine Keener?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:12 a.m. CST
or didn't vera farmiga star in another omen retread? like six months ago?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:27 a.m. CST
by Cheif Brody
or...is it just me?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:32 a.m. CST
... or am I really sad for continuing the 'is it me' gag?
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:34 a.m. CST
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:39 a.m. CST
It had fun and splatter and didn't take itself serious. Like a giant Tales From The Crypt episode!
Nov. 30, 2007, 1:59 a.m. CST
There's a chunk of that movie that is truly terrific, and if you don't think so, you're not a horror movie fan...
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:32 a.m. CST
by 'Cholera's Ghost
I doubt that after that SNL sketch I will ever be able to say his name properly again.
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:58 a.m. CST
House on Haunted Hill was a pretty decent film. Thirteen Ghosts was a steaming fuckturd of a film.
Nov. 30, 2007, 2:07 p.m. CST
by Grammaton Cleric Binks
I loved Vincent Price and Charles Bronson.
Nov. 30, 2007, 9:47 p.m. CST
like she enjoys anal ? I'm thinking she does.
Dec. 1, 2007, 10:54 a.m. CST
She just needs the right vehicle. Maybe a remake to "Who Can Kill A Child?"
Dec. 1, 2007, 10:56 a.m. CST
Dec. 2, 2007, 11:12 a.m. CST
Sarsgaard owns everything he has been in. He got me to see "Flightplan" so it may not be much of a stretch that he will get me to see this unflushed bobber. He needs another "Shattered Glass" to come along.
Dec. 3, 2007, 7:21 a.m. CST
I don't know about all this "not known for doing studio crap" bit. While I am big fan of PS in movies like Shattered Glaas, Kinsey and even Garden State, there's also Flightplan, not to mention the unbearable Skeleton Key. Hit or miss, only good as the script, needs a director - what have you, but not known for only indies, unfortunately.
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 382 total posts 42 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 70 total posts 38 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 168 total posts 20 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 15 total posts 9 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 84 total posts 8 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 218 total posts 6 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 98 total posts 5 posts