CONTEST!!! Want a signed Ben Templesmith 30 DAYS OF NIGHT Print?
Hey folks, Harry here... Long before 30 DAYS OF NIGHT made it's way onto the pop culture scene - I had come up with a very similar, albeit comedic, story along the same lines. My story was about a fat vampire that founded a town up in the Artic region where drugs, gambling, prostitution - you name it, it was basically a Frozen Vegas where the night never ends - and he was a big ol fat vampire that was over-eating on those that crapped out. Till a beautiful vampire showed up, he fell in love, but she wouldn't have anything to do with him because he was disgustingly fat - so he decided to leave the region... go to a Sunny climate which would curb his appetite and upon getting back in shape he moves up, only to fine his goddess has become... not what she was, but he loved her anyway - and they ate happily ever after. Hey - I was 19 when I came up with that, it was a bit autobiographical, but it's all I had. AND Yeah, I preferred 30 DAYS OF NIGHT too. But I dreamt of John Candy playing a Fat Vampire ... it was all that was on my mind. Then John died. Sadness.
Anyway I've got a few BEN TEMPLESMITH signed prints from 30 DAYS OF NIGHT to give away. Now, I figure the winner of this should be somewhat artistic. SO - here's what I'm gonna do. You have till this coming MONDAY to send me your version of me as a BLOOD SUCKING vampire. It can be in any form - sculptural, photoshop, paint, pen&ink, pencil, macaroni, garlic cloves... whatever. But by the end of the 24 hour cycle on MONDAY - I'll take what I've got in email - and pick the top few and post the winners online and send them their art. Sound good? Great.
Here's what you need to do. Title it 30 DAYS OF NIGHT - ART CONTEST. Send the art as a JPG - nice and clear. You should send your shipping info, in the hopes you're the winner. And send it to HK AT AINTITCOOL.COM
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 16, 2007, 4:47 p.m. CST
Oct. 16, 2007, 4:52 p.m. CST
"Wouldn't let you"??? Jeez that really sucks. You're old enough to get married but can't hang up a 'scary picture' in your own house? Yikes. ;^)
Oct. 16, 2007, 4:55 p.m. CST
that's the highest I've gotten!
Oct. 16, 2007, 5:12 p.m. CST
Let add an amendum to that: My wife wouldn't let me and I'm not 15 anymore. Both of those things prevent me from wanting this poster.
Oct. 16, 2007, 6:03 p.m. CST
I'm buying it.
Oct. 16, 2007, 6:31 p.m. CST
An actor? Neeeever heard of him.
Oct. 16, 2007, 6:47 p.m. CST
I want one... ASAP... alright... so what does HK look like???
Oct. 16, 2007, 6:50 p.m. CST
Oct. 16, 2007, 8:28 p.m. CST
no, i don't
Oct. 16, 2007, 8:48 p.m. CST
I may have to actually enter this one.
Oct. 16, 2007, 9:06 p.m. CST
Oct. 16, 2007, 11:52 p.m. CST
is the amazing artist from my awesome town, fuckers.
Oct. 17, 2007, 1:12 a.m. CST
Oct. 17, 2007, 1:13 a.m. CST
GBV! GBV! GBV! GBV!
Oct. 17, 2007, 1:18 a.m. CST
How egocentric is it of Harry to say: Send in a picture of ME as a vampire....? How about: "send in your best vampire drawing-- one that might top this"? The request is quite telling... from a psych point of view.
Oct. 17, 2007, 3:48 a.m. CST
couldn't find it on a map. Somewhere between the Arctic and Antarctica maybe? Unless you mean the Art Institute of Chicago(*hint*google artic) ... in which case that's really fucked up.
Oct. 17, 2007, 4:15 a.m. CST
it was about this guy, nothing like myself, who ...um...likes to wear woman's panties and eat twinkies 24/7. If you want to take that one Harry, its free of charge.
Oct. 17, 2007, 8:49 a.m. CST
I never would have guessed. Was this before or after you rubbed one out into a sweatsock?
Oct. 17, 2007, 12:42 p.m. CST
It's called "Having fun" try it sometime. Seriously, Harry is lucky having this site and all of these opportunities and he knows it! Why shouldn't he have people draw him as a vampire...look at the Cartuna animations that have been here for years...it is part of the site. Wish I could draw I would enter the contest myself...the concept and Templesmith's art are the only good things about '30 Days.' The movie SHOULD improve on the graphic novels by quite a bit.
Oct. 17, 2007, 2:54 p.m. CST
MINE! But who knows. I lost the spiderman bust contest with my Ben Kingsley as Vulture design. peep this: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/mattman6886/Vulture.jpg Granted, it wasn't really the best entry but I find it hilarious.
Oct. 18, 2007, 3:21 p.m. CST
and it scared the crap out of my girlfriend...
Oct. 18, 2007, 7:41 p.m. CST
That picture will be nice in my new appartment, if I win one that is.
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:38 a.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2007, 12:50 p.m. CST
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:03 p.m. CST
Oct. 24, 2007, 12:19 a.m. CST
Oct. 24, 2007, 1:46 p.m. CST
This Saturday 10/27 at 7 pm pacific, a great interview with Bruce Campbell and Mike Richardson of Dark Horse comics airs on the radio variety show Live Wire, on Oregon Public Broadcasting. If you're local you know where to find it, but the rest of you can listen online at: http://tinyurl.com/ynwbmg (I feel like a tool using tiny url when the real address is www.opb.org much tinier than the tiny, but it seems like the thing to do.) Anyways, there's a link to listen live and it's totally worth a listen. Bruce and Mike talk a lot about "My Name is Bruce", Sam Raimi as an abusive stick wielding director, 30 Days of Night, Hellboy and more. Bruce even steps into some sketch comedy with Faces for Radio Theater and goes OFF on people who like to call him Ash. The musical guest is the band Loch Lomond.
Oct. 24, 2007, 11:20 p.m. CST
Normally I wouldn't care if the results for a website contest are a few days late, but this happens with EVERY SINGLE CONTEST ON THIS SITE! I mean why bother stating when you are going to give the results if you have no intention of doing so when you say?
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 87 total posts 83 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 425 total posts 12 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 725 total posts 11 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 31 total posts 6 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 54 total posts 4 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 570 total posts 3 posts