SCOOBY DOO script by Craig Titley... WHERE ARE YOU''!!''
Speaking of cool scripts I've read recently... SCOOBY DOO by Craig Titley is AMAZING. This is a classic. At least 4 times I had to sit it down, to calm down from laughing fits. It's an origin of the "gang" and it is note perfect. Craig apparently watched all the Scooby cartoons and created a perfect 'ode de scooby'!!! Now for the bad news...
Warners has apparently thrown out the script, not because it was bad, but because it was a pre-existing script at Turner, prior to the Turner acquisition. Seems they just tossed it, and wanted to develop the property in terms of a star vehicle for a certain $20 million dollar comedian with a vague look of Shaggy. This is a real good example of what's wrong with Hollywood. Warners is now going to waste money starting from scratch, when they have their script sitting on some shelf in the Warner Script Library. It's going basically unread. THIS SUCKS!!! I love Titley's script. I could see every single scene, not in cartoony world but in ours. This film if handled by someone who grew up with Scooby and understands the power of a dane a hundred times more powerful than Hamlet, welllll.... It would be something of a miracle. I was at the Warner's Store early today, and saw the Scooby merchandise.... Man, this would be a monster hit. I could see Warner's desire to have a $20 million dollar star to carrey the film, but don't summarily dismiss this mega cool script. It's magic, I was raised on Scooby, just like today's Cartoon Network youths. This feels perfect. Me wanna see!!!!!!!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 2, 1998, 6:33 a.m. CST
by Josh Ruegg
I was just wondering if you could tell me where, if possible, I might find that Scooby Doo script that was written by Craig Titley. Thanks. Josh Ruegg
July 7, 2008, 3:15 p.m. CST
I wanted to post a defense of Matthew Lillard's performance!
Jan. 5, 2010, 2:50 p.m. CST
July 14, 2010, 9:45 a.m. CST
Must have been attack of the fluffers
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 465 total posts 79 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 240 total posts 62 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 195 total posts 50 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1491 total posts 48 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 729 total posts 38 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 40 total posts 30 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 56 total posts 23 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 165 total posts 20 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 57 total posts 16 posts