Hey, LA Area AICN Readers! Pretty Groovy DIE HARD Screening Tonight At Cine-Space!
Two weeks back, I hosted a Thursday night screening at Cine-Space in Hollywood. It was for a small indie film called EVERYTHING’S GONE GREEN, and it turned out to be a really cool event. I enjoyed the venue, as did my wife, and I started talking with the people who run the place. Seems like a pretty cool group of film fans, and we may be getting involved with a series of screenings there along with some other cool promotional partners like 97.1 FM’s Film Freak, Leo Quinones, and the New York Film Academy. They’re both involved in tonight’s screening of DIE HARD, which will include a pre-show Q&A with screenwriter Steven E. DeSouza. I’ve had many, many opportunities to chat with Steven, and I highly recommend you guys head down there for this. It’s a conversational atmosphere, like a small club, so with the right person, it could make for a really relaxed and interesting Q&A. All you need to do is call for a reservation, get there early for dinner or drinks, and the movie itself is no extra charge.
OR TO E-MAIL FOR RESERVATIONS:
**reservations must be confirmed
Hopefully we’ll be able to announce some events here soon that will make you plan to keep your Thursday nights free.
Come down tonight, check it out, and see DIE HARD on the big-screen again in prep for this summer's return of McClane. DIE HARD and pizza and booze... do I really have to twist your arm?
Drew McWeeny, Los Angeles
Drew McWeeny, Los Angeles
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 22, 2007, 7:15 a.m. CST
and I live in DC. Bummer. <p> First.<p>It's the glory you get when you have to cover for delinquent staff.
March 22, 2007, 7:29 a.m. CST
if i lived in LA, i would totally make this 1,001. greatest movie ever. almost.
March 22, 2007, 8:04 a.m. CST
by Franklin T Marmoset
Just to be around a bunch of people who love Die Hard, having some nice food and watching it again on the big screen would be pretty damn cool, I think. What a shame I'm getting blown about like that bag in American Beauty here in windy England. Bollocks!
March 22, 2007, 9:20 a.m. CST
Die Hard was my idea.
March 22, 2007, 9:36 a.m. CST
I'm sorry. But I got as far as "I enjoyed the venue, as did my wife" And I couldn't go on. Could someone get this guy to frack up about his wife and life and stick to the damn task at hand and review. It is Ain't it Cool News. To many of us that means movies and TV. Not his fracking date to an event and what they thought. If he enjoyed it, fine. I don't care if his wife enjoyed it, or spent the night with PMS and cramps! Sheeesh this site is going down hill.
March 22, 2007, 9:51 a.m. CST
my friend and I discovered his fiance had never seen it so we had to remedy. it had been a while, i forgot how funny the original is compared to the sequels (well, at least 3 tried). It's also an excellent example of why pan and scan is the devil: during the part where Al walks around the lobby, only in LBX can you see the guy waiting to plug him if he walked too far.
March 22, 2007, 9:59 a.m. CST
by 40 Mph
Sorry, someone had to say it.
March 22, 2007, 10:12 a.m. CST
by Osmosis Jones
...I'm orderin' a pizza?!
March 22, 2007, 11:26 a.m. CST
by Buzz Maverik
...Oh, come down to IMAX and see movie that you see 100,000,000 times before and own on BHS and laser dick and satellite cable with 69 sequels. But you get to talk to rewriter. "Hello, Kapitalist, what is it like to make money everyone else in Amerika has to sell drugs to each other to get?" In New World Order, when Boss Man is in charge, we weill see NEW MOVIES! Do you hear me? Movies we have never been seeing before! Only thing that could stop us is if Boss Man doesn't bargain on Bald One being in the wrong place at the right time...
March 22, 2007, 12:08 p.m. CST
I saw it 5 times in theaters in '88; would love to see it on the big screen again. Maybe our Senator here in Bawlmer can show a quadruple feature of all the DH flicks when #4 opens. "What, do you think, I'm fuckin' STUPID, Hans?!?" Alan Rickman = greatest movie baddie ever.
March 22, 2007, 12:21 p.m. CST
My friend was there about a year ago and Cinespace refused to admit one the people in his group because he was wearing a turban. When he asked to speak to the manager, he was told that was management's policy. I haven't set foot in the place since I heard that and plan never to again.
March 22, 2007, 4:20 p.m. CST
I worked at a movie theater at the time that showed it for, like, a year. Ah, the good old days. Watched it again recently and it's like a nuanced character drama compared to the shit that passes for an action film these days.
March 22, 2007, 5:26 p.m. CST
Even if it is candy bars from the Nakatomi snack shop.
March 22, 2007, 8:07 p.m. CST
How bout Die Hard 12, Die Hungry!!!
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 491 total posts 344 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 461 total posts 92 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 184 total posts 70 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 419 total posts 68 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 207 total posts 31 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 65 total posts 18 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 215 total posts 17 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 94 total posts 16 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 89 total posts 8 posts