UPDATED!AICN Special POTC: AT WORLD'S END Event @ the ALAMO SOUTH this Sunday!!!
Hey folks - Harry 'ere. Here's the list of ticket holders for the PIRATES event this Sunday, March 18th - at the Alamo South Lamar. The festivites get under way beginning around 3pm for Check In and goody retreival. We're in for a good ol piraty time. If you have Pirate gear or wardrobe - why the heck not put it on. Got a kid, pirate-fy them. There's loot to lug off for all manners of scallawags and sea dogs, so scuzzy and scurvy up - and ye maidens maidenfy thyselves. It's time to be pirates and wenches one and all!
1. Wes Holland 2. Suzanne Holland 3. Annie Holland 4. Jack Holland 5. Brandon Cowery 6. Haley Lancaster 7. Tyler Aune 8. Aston Aune 9. Ashley Miller 10. Tanner Callais 11. Gary Willey 12. Javier E Trujillo 13. Will Gibson 14. Christopher MacMillan-Ramirez 15. Erin MacMillan-Ramirez 16. Brian Satterwhite 17. Maria Satterwhite 18. Andrew Grissom 19. Jackie Rodgers 20. Nick Scott 21. Larry Clem 22. Clay Sampson 23. Chelsea Fikes 24. Natalie Turner 25. Ben Isaac 26. Lauren Olson 27. Ryan Campbell 28. Andy Harold 29. Nichola Burge 30. Jonathan Grover 31. Neil Cook 32. Steve Kaminczak 33. Garrett Hughes 34. Laura Hughes 35. Nicholas de la Garza 36. Dominic de la Garza 37. Clay Hudson 38. Kristoffer Morgan 39. Michaela Morgan 40. Shannon Cromer 41. Allen Vianes 42. Shannon Wade 43. Barry Polin 44. Matthew Polin 45. Lee Garcia 46. Neil Anderson 47. Lyrae Anderson 48. Eric Sanchez 49. Jessica Sanchez 50. Jason Sanchez 51. Johnny Wise 52. Patrick McCormick 53. Michael McGrath 54. Ryan Smith 55. Kyle Ripple 56. Oyuki Flores 57. William Wymore 58. Blanche Plumlee 59. Chris Kim 60. Masayuki Wada 61. Maki Wada 62. Sung Jae Suh 63. Tiffany Sullivan 64. Patrick Sullivan 65. Chris Henney 66. Stephanie McNeill 67. Roman Morales 68. Maya Morales 69. Jake McKay 70. Lacy McKay 71. Ed Lane 72. Vanessa Svihla 73. Gil Quintero 74. Shannon Howard 75. David Gil Jr. 76. Sharlym Aquino 77. Andrew Segovia 78. Molly Searcy 79. Kevin Bosch 80. Afshawn Towfighi 81. Nick Davis 82. Julieanna Bice 83. Jeremy Davis 84. Robin Davis 85. Sam Cooke 86. Hussain Pirani 87. Kyle Bogart 88. Cliff Bogart 89. Sam Curtis 90. Liz Curtis 91. Alex Curtis 92. Cheri Howell 93. Geoffrey Frost 94. Ashley Adams 95. Kaleb Williams 96. Nick Robinson 97. Charles Peralez 98. Tiffany Chiu 99. Andrew Gamble 100. John Binkley 101. Stefani Simpson 102. Rick Ramos 103. Marissa Carpio 104. Greg McLellan 105. Julie Snodgrass 106. Jason Peeler 107. Kenneth Smith 108. Fernando Garcia 109. Joe Roces 110. Holly Christianson 111. Branden Linley 112. Kim Linley 113. Dion DeWald 114. Christine DeWald 115. Kathy Sanders 116. Maureen Walter 117. John Walter 118. Margaret Sanders 119. Jason Scott 120. Kandace Scott 121. Troy Gonzales 122. Bryan Evans-West 123. Melissa Mosley 124. Angelique Ibrahim 125. Emit De La Rosa 126. Vincent Pina 127. Darren Tange 128. Amy Luna 129. Stuart Whitis 130. Carol Leavitt 131. Maya Griffin 132. Cesar Zamora 133. Alex Winstead 134. Paul Mooney 135. Katy Seals 136. Stuart McSpadden 137. Paul Chavera 138. Berit Kreutz 139. Austin Green 140. Greg Mozara 141. Chase Cole 142. Melissa Ferro 143. Jason Kays 144. Bill Symon 145. Scott Jorgenson 146. Lee Jorgenson 147. Carissa Sterling 148. Tracy Lupher 149. Crissavol Lupher 150. Roger Kirby 151. Drew Harris 152. Erica Harris 153. John Carpenter 154. Shelly Carpenter 155. Kirsten Carpenter 156. Nathan Marchese 157. Eric Sosa 158. Claudia Sandoval 159. Ray Gonzalez 160. Ivy Crosby-Gonzalez 161. Jeffrey Panzer 162. Sarah Panzer 163. Ryan Fuller 164. Angela Fuller 165. Dan Schillace 166. Aryn Schillace 167. Holly Schooler 168. James Schooler 169. Gary Miller 170. James Froeschle 171. Sandhya Shardanand 172. Emily Morris 173. Stepanie Smith 174. Tony Vespe 175. Frank Dorval 176. Lyssandra Gallup 177. Liz Brake 178. Jennifer Majors 179. Dominic Vittucci 180. Sami Inoue-harte 181. Barbara Chisholm Faires 182. Jessica Rife 183. Mary Bryce 184. Megan Hagins 185. Emily Hagins
Hey folks, Harry here - As promised - I'm back with info regarding the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN event I mentioned recently. This Sunday - at the Alamo Drafthouse South - we're having a free event that Disney calls, "THE PIRATES ULTIMATE FAN EVENT!!!" This Sunday, March 18th. We've got the big theater at the Alamo South - so more than double the seats of the TMNT event tomorrow. So - what is this? Basically - Disney is Launching their Trailer for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END - and they're having an event here at the ALAMO SOUTH with us to kick it off. Now - of all the events out there - we're the goofs that get to watch the trailer, theatrically - multiple times. In addition - they're sending a gorgeous print of the First PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL - to remind us how it all began. In addition - they've got swag bags with pirate goodies including a re-creation of Jack Sparrow's infamous bandana - so you can fail miserablly at trying to be as cool as Jack Sparrow - unless you're a kid - in which case - your Jack Sparrow will rule. There are rumors of all sorts of surprises and goodies - Rumor has it that they'll have prizes for me to give away. I can only imagine I'll give these prizes to those that attempt a good Jack Sparrow impersonation - given St Patrick's Day is the night before - perhaps you'll still smell of rum... My poison that night is Guinness, but yours... well... you've got loot to win! The Event kicks off with Check in at 3pm - seating at 4:15pm and me kicking off the prize give-aways and hosting duties at 4:30. After that - the movie plays - then the surprises begin. I'm working with the Alamo folks for good and fun surprises. As what sort of pirate event would this be without a few acts of piracy of our own. Right me mateys? OK - so how do you get in? Email me at HK @ AINTitCOOL . Com with the subject line: "Yo Ho!" with your name and the names of your guests - in a first come, first serve order. Free Loot - A Free Movie - and the awesome Trailer that Quint described from SHOWEST!!! How cool is that? Oh - and did I mention we might have a Wii set up in the lobby for additional pirates mayhem? There's a chance at that - you'll just have to wait and see - mysterious powers are at work. I'll have the list of entrants up on this Friday
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 15, 2007, 12:38 a.m. CST
Sounds like a blast. Have fun 'HK'.
March 15, 2007, 12:47 a.m. CST
im in LA
March 15, 2007, 3:17 a.m. CST
by Gizmo Gremlin
They're actually doing it all over the country. I signed up on the Disney website and got my tickets today. It's Sunday at the El Capitan.
March 15, 2007, 8:18 a.m. CST
Still waiting on confirmation, but with a little luck, my ass will be in a seat in NYC this Sunday. BTW, what's the rating on this movie? I hope it's an ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!
March 15, 2007, 11:25 a.m. CST
I hope they still have tickets! (I should have figured the El Capitan would have something, but all I've seen lately is about Meet the Robinsons)
March 15, 2007, 11:29 a.m. CST
Seriously, if you were showing the actual film that's one thing, but seriously, who gives a shit about a trailer? I'll catch it online an hour later when some nerd posts it. Seems like a whole lot about nothing.
March 15, 2007, 11:32 a.m. CST
You know Harry. This will wrap up with something special in the way of surprises at the end.
March 15, 2007, 11:34 a.m. CST
If you show up to the event, expect a mass car jacking. Word to the wise, ride a bike.
March 15, 2007, 3:51 p.m. CST
I will not be back from being out of town.
March 15, 2007, 4:39 p.m. CST
Hopefully, all the tools that are here for SXSW will be gone by then. Love the Pirates movies, love the Alamo, and this event sounds like a blast! Hope I get on the list to go.
March 15, 2007, 10:32 p.m. CST
I can wait for quicktime which will be on Apple few hours after you guys see it.
March 15, 2007, 10:41 p.m. CST
uhhh....I'm sure you guys are very excited about this event, but don't you think you could have found a better place to post this than the main page of your, generally informative site, you know for those who visit the site, yet strangely don't live in Texas?
March 15, 2007, 10:48 p.m. CST
IT'S RAPHAEL...A LITTLE TOO RAPAHEL
March 16, 2007, 2:11 a.m. CST
Last summer at comic con.I dont know why people are making a big deal out the trailer and holding press events/parties etc.It does look good but its NOT gonna be the greatest movie ever.
March 16, 2007, 10:32 a.m. CST
March 16, 2007, 1:36 p.m. CST
Did you get a confirmation email or anything back after you sent in your info? Haven't heard anything back yet. Oh, and to all you "A party for a trailer?" assholes, kill yourselves. Especially all you Brits. God forbid you should stop sucking off your XBox for eight minutes and go outside.
March 17, 2007, 12:04 p.m. CST
by Xanthos Samurai
Exactly how is that going to work? Do we just give our names or what? And is there going to be a confirmation email? (I doubt it since there isn't already one at this point.) I just want to make sure that my group gets in.
March 17, 2007, 1:47 p.m. CST
There is no confirmation email. If your name is on the list, you got in. You will need to have a picture ID to show when you check in at the theater.
March 17, 2007, 2:04 p.m. CST
But I didn't mean for the one in Austin. I'm trying to get into the one in NYC.
March 17, 2007, 7:23 p.m. CST
by Howard the Duck
...in South Jersey. Saw an ad for it in the Saturday newspaper. Sent an email, and forgot about it. My wife gets home, checks the email, and there's one from someone we don't know. Good thing she opened it, 'cause it didn't have a "This is for the Pirates event" in the subject line. I've never been to something like this before. At the very least, I'll get to see Curse of the Black Pearl with a bunch of lucky Pirates fans. And yes, you need a photo ID that matches the info you sent in the email in order to get in...unless you pull a Fletch on 'em.
March 17, 2007, 9:43 p.m. CST
by Xanthos Samurai
Photo ID? I'll have mine but one of my party's a minor and doesn't have a photo ID and the other one fell through so I have a replacement. I wonder if I could get one of the names changed if I email 'em. What do you guys think?
March 18, 2007, 8:30 a.m. CST
by Howard the Duck
...the Photo ID is probably only for the person who initially sent the email to try and win tickets. The form you need to print out says that it is good for two persons, but doesn't say anything about the second person needing an ID. Good luck to ya!
March 18, 2007, 4:06 p.m. CST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOz5_ixv5Zs Looks good---I forgot how cool a swordfight can look at when not in slow-motion.
March 19, 2007, 7:15 a.m. CST
Was it better than staying home and sucking off your XBox, or what?
March 19, 2007, 9:19 a.m. CST
by Howard the Duck
...during the credits of Curse of the Black Pearl. During which, everyone was talking amongst themselves, semi-loudly. That is, until the very end of the credits, when Captain Barbossa's monkey named Jack shows up near the cursed Aztec gold, takes a coin, and screeches at the camera. Honestly, you'd think that a theatre full of Pirates fans would've known about this by now. After the monkey, everyone was remarking how they never saw that part before. Priceless. And the trailer for At World's End was shown twice, right after the movie. Looks great, and I cannot wait to see the film. And it was cool to see filmed intros by Orlando Bloom, Jerry Bruckheimer, and Geoffrey Rush, made specially for the event. I was glad I did it.
March 19, 2007, 1:57 p.m. CST
As I watched the first POTC I realized that I didn't think it was that great of a movie... it was fun and surprising the first time around (especially with no buzz or hype), but it doesn't really stand up as a huge and hyped blockbuster. The trailer was pretty cool (although it was really annoyed when we had to wait about ten minutes after the movie was over because someone had loaded it incorrectly) and it definitely promises way more mayhem than the first two. I'm looking forward to it. Overall, though, it probably wasn't worth four hours of my time just to see a trailer.
March 19, 2007, 4:11 p.m. CST
And this includes 21 JumpStreet. How the hell do people watch someone as talented as Depp reduce himself to a quirky and unfunny character of a clown Pirate. Not to mention, a movie based on a fucking Disney ride. The IQ of humanity is truly dwindling. Let us hope that this is the last Pirates movie, so that this man can move on to something worthy of his talents. You know this to be true.
March 19, 2007, 5:02 p.m. CST
Fuck off, you pretentious dick. If your room in Mommy's house has a window, throw yourself out of it. No one will miss you in high school tomorrow.
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 100 total posts 20 posts
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 84 total posts 10 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 566 total posts 9 posts
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 541 total posts 7 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 77 total posts 6 posts
- ‘That Seat Is Taken!!’ The Return Of AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ANARCHY, MOONSHINERS & INCOME Finales!! Galactic Pioneers On FUTURESCAPE!! New TROPHY, AWKWARD, STORAGE, NCIS, LOSER, VOICE, FIRE, TOSH!! Tom Hanks On KIMMEL!! Michelle Dockery On FALLON!! Lizzy Caplan On CHELSEA!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 46 total posts 5 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 197 total posts 4 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 312 total posts 2 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 397 total posts 2 posts
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury! Dexter Fletcher on Board to Direct! -- 89 total posts 1 post