Columbia Pictures is LIVING WITH A BOY in NEW YORK... wait a minute... that's not right...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here... that should be Columbia Pictures is doing a project called the ONLY LIVING BOY IN NEW YORK. Didn't mean to get the playground stalkers excited... The flick is a coming of age story, which is supposedly about a college graduate who is seduced by his father's mistress. Don't know exactly how a college graduate can come of age, but that's what they tell me. Maybe he's like Doogie Howser or something... Seth Gordon (director of the video game doc that was a huge smash at Slamdance this year, THE KING OF KONG) is helming and the producing team behind LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE, Albert Berger and Ron Yerxa, are spear-heading for Columbia. Let's hope the team's eye for material is as strong as it ever was...
Hey, guys. "Moriarty" here. Just wanted to add to Quint's story real quick. Allan Loeb is one of the best writers working right now. THINGS WE LOST IN THE FIRE is coming out this year, with Susanne Bier directing Halle Berry, Benecio Del Toro, David Duchovny, and Allison Lohman in one of Loeb's scripts, and hearing that a deal has finally been made for THE ONLY LIVING BOY IN NEW YORK to make it to the bigscreen thrills me. This script broke my heart when I read it last year, and I hope Seth Gordon does it justice. This is completely dependent on casting at this point, but material like this should attract some fantastic talent. We're going to keep a close eye on this one, and I hope the finished film lives up to the promise of what Loeb's written. Great, great stuff.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 8, 2007, 3:43 a.m. CST
First first. Wooot.
March 8, 2007, 3:51 a.m. CST
by Bourne Again
If its going to be as good as LMS, then I won't be the one to watch it.
March 8, 2007, 4:28 a.m. CST
...saw the Paul Simon connection.
March 8, 2007, 9:52 p.m. CST
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts