Lionsgate buys film rights to the upcoming video game KANE & LYNCH!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I haven't even heard of this game coming out, but the graphics look pretty impressive. Obviously something is cool about it or Lionsgate wouldn't be making a movie out of it. The producers of the upcoming HITMAN game adaptation, Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter made the deal. The story is about a mercenary (Kane) who teams up with a schizophrenic (Lynch). They are both jailed and meet on the transport to Death Row. Kane's goons break 'em out and the two guys team up to retrieve the fortune Kane has hidden. For more, check out the game's website!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:12 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:17 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Now no one will know that you thought "pre-emptively" was spelled "primitively." You're welcome, Quint.
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:19 a.m. CST
Can't wait to play it.
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:42 a.m. CST
stop making things up! this is obviously all a figment of your imagination! primitive or preemptive, neither are in the article. you so crazy! you're the schizophrenic!<br><br>I think Kane should be played by the wrestler, Kane, and Lynch should be Kelly Lynch...I would buy a ticket.
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:51 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Neither are in the article, because Quint doesn't like being corrected. The headline originally read "Lionsgate primitively buys film rights..." I was hoping to hear about them paying with conch shells or arrow-heads. Alas, it was a just a mistake and not indicative of a return to the barter system. Hey, at least I didn't do a "first" post.
Feb. 13, 2007, 2:20 a.m. CST
fill it with something interesting!
Feb. 13, 2007, 6:37 a.m. CST
And it looks like it has 'borrowed' heavily from Heat, saying that though there is always a chance it will be crap.
Feb. 13, 2007, 6:53 a.m. CST
but only if it stars pro-Wrestler Kane and David Lynch...
Feb. 13, 2007, 9 a.m. CST
If anyone needs me I'm out finally buying a 360.
Feb. 13, 2007, 9:13 a.m. CST
by Mr Incredible
And they won't do Ratchet and Clank: The Movie? God Of War, perhaps? Ace Combat?
Feb. 13, 2007, 11:02 a.m. CST
by Wesley Snipes
I remember reading interviews with the developers who said this game was heavily influenced by the films of Michael Mann. There are scenes in it right out of Collateral and Heat (finally we get to play that shootout!!). The main character even wears the same suit as Cruise did in Collateral. Now there's going to be a movie made out of it. Funny how things come full circle.
Feb. 13, 2007, 5:48 p.m. CST
This game could be cool though.
Feb. 13, 2007, 7:37 p.m. CST
Kane is in jail and Lynch Is hired to break him out by some evil guys that Kane stole some money from, Basically there gonna kill Kane but if he wants to save his family he has to get the money back or do something for them but he will still die. I thought that story is worthy of a movie that crap Quint just explained sounded boring.
Feb. 13, 2007, 8:49 p.m. CST
Anyone have any guesses?
Feb. 14, 2007, 3:34 a.m. CST
totally looks like Jack Bauer. I mean Kiefer Bauer.
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 399 total posts 79 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 530 total posts 79 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 680 total posts 15 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 89 total posts 8 posts
- Full banner and character posters from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON! -- 196 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 113 total posts 6 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 59 total posts 5 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY, MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY), Tomorrow’s LEFTOVERS And The Latest STAR WARS, DC, MARVEL, LOUIE, 24, HBO & GAME OF THRONES News!! Plus The Return Of AICN’s Own Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 270 total posts 5 posts
- Capone believes HERCULES does a Rock-solid job demystifying and reinforcing the myth!!! -- 155 total posts 4 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 39 total posts 3 posts