Lionsgate buys film rights to the upcoming video game KANE & LYNCH!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I haven't even heard of this game coming out, but the graphics look pretty impressive. Obviously something is cool about it or Lionsgate wouldn't be making a movie out of it. The producers of the upcoming HITMAN game adaptation, Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter made the deal. The story is about a mercenary (Kane) who teams up with a schizophrenic (Lynch). They are both jailed and meet on the transport to Death Row. Kane's goons break 'em out and the two guys team up to retrieve the fortune Kane has hidden. For more, check out the game's website!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:12 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:17 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Now no one will know that you thought "pre-emptively" was spelled "primitively." You're welcome, Quint.
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:19 a.m. CST
Can't wait to play it.
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:42 a.m. CST
stop making things up! this is obviously all a figment of your imagination! primitive or preemptive, neither are in the article. you so crazy! you're the schizophrenic!<br><br>I think Kane should be played by the wrestler, Kane, and Lynch should be Kelly Lynch...I would buy a ticket.
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:51 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Neither are in the article, because Quint doesn't like being corrected. The headline originally read "Lionsgate primitively buys film rights..." I was hoping to hear about them paying with conch shells or arrow-heads. Alas, it was a just a mistake and not indicative of a return to the barter system. Hey, at least I didn't do a "first" post.
Feb. 13, 2007, 2:20 a.m. CST
fill it with something interesting!
Feb. 13, 2007, 6:37 a.m. CST
And it looks like it has 'borrowed' heavily from Heat, saying that though there is always a chance it will be crap.
Feb. 13, 2007, 6:53 a.m. CST
but only if it stars pro-Wrestler Kane and David Lynch...
Feb. 13, 2007, 9 a.m. CST
If anyone needs me I'm out finally buying a 360.
Feb. 13, 2007, 9:13 a.m. CST
by Mr Incredible
And they won't do Ratchet and Clank: The Movie? God Of War, perhaps? Ace Combat?
Feb. 13, 2007, 11:02 a.m. CST
by Wesley Snipes
I remember reading interviews with the developers who said this game was heavily influenced by the films of Michael Mann. There are scenes in it right out of Collateral and Heat (finally we get to play that shootout!!). The main character even wears the same suit as Cruise did in Collateral. Now there's going to be a movie made out of it. Funny how things come full circle.
Feb. 13, 2007, 5:48 p.m. CST
This game could be cool though.
Feb. 13, 2007, 7:37 p.m. CST
Kane is in jail and Lynch Is hired to break him out by some evil guys that Kane stole some money from, Basically there gonna kill Kane but if he wants to save his family he has to get the money back or do something for them but he will still die. I thought that story is worthy of a movie that crap Quint just explained sounded boring.
Feb. 13, 2007, 8:49 p.m. CST
Anyone have any guesses?
Feb. 14, 2007, 3:34 a.m. CST
totally looks like Jack Bauer. I mean Kiefer Bauer.
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 79 total posts 79 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 241 total posts 37 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 113 total posts 37 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 46 total posts 29 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 48 total posts 14 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 98 total posts 13 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 10 total posts 10 posts