Lionsgate buys film rights to the upcoming video game KANE & LYNCH!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I haven't even heard of this game coming out, but the graphics look pretty impressive. Obviously something is cool about it or Lionsgate wouldn't be making a movie out of it. The producers of the upcoming HITMAN game adaptation, Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter made the deal. The story is about a mercenary (Kane) who teams up with a schizophrenic (Lynch). They are both jailed and meet on the transport to Death Row. Kane's goons break 'em out and the two guys team up to retrieve the fortune Kane has hidden. For more, check out the game's website!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:12 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:17 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Now no one will know that you thought "pre-emptively" was spelled "primitively." You're welcome, Quint.
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:19 a.m. CST
Can't wait to play it.
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:42 a.m. CST
stop making things up! this is obviously all a figment of your imagination! primitive or preemptive, neither are in the article. you so crazy! you're the schizophrenic!<br><br>I think Kane should be played by the wrestler, Kane, and Lynch should be Kelly Lynch...I would buy a ticket.
Feb. 13, 2007, 1:51 a.m. CST
by Some Dude
Neither are in the article, because Quint doesn't like being corrected. The headline originally read "Lionsgate primitively buys film rights..." I was hoping to hear about them paying with conch shells or arrow-heads. Alas, it was a just a mistake and not indicative of a return to the barter system. Hey, at least I didn't do a "first" post.
Feb. 13, 2007, 2:20 a.m. CST
fill it with something interesting!
Feb. 13, 2007, 6:37 a.m. CST
And it looks like it has 'borrowed' heavily from Heat, saying that though there is always a chance it will be crap.
Feb. 13, 2007, 6:53 a.m. CST
but only if it stars pro-Wrestler Kane and David Lynch...
Feb. 13, 2007, 9 a.m. CST
If anyone needs me I'm out finally buying a 360.
Feb. 13, 2007, 9:13 a.m. CST
by Mr Incredible
And they won't do Ratchet and Clank: The Movie? God Of War, perhaps? Ace Combat?
Feb. 13, 2007, 11:02 a.m. CST
by Wesley Snipes
I remember reading interviews with the developers who said this game was heavily influenced by the films of Michael Mann. There are scenes in it right out of Collateral and Heat (finally we get to play that shootout!!). The main character even wears the same suit as Cruise did in Collateral. Now there's going to be a movie made out of it. Funny how things come full circle.
Feb. 13, 2007, 5:48 p.m. CST
This game could be cool though.
Feb. 13, 2007, 7:37 p.m. CST
Kane is in jail and Lynch Is hired to break him out by some evil guys that Kane stole some money from, Basically there gonna kill Kane but if he wants to save his family he has to get the money back or do something for them but he will still die. I thought that story is worthy of a movie that crap Quint just explained sounded boring.
Feb. 13, 2007, 8:49 p.m. CST
Anyone have any guesses?
Feb. 14, 2007, 3:34 a.m. CST
totally looks like Jack Bauer. I mean Kiefer Bauer.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 147 total posts 32 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 343 total posts 1 post
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 156 total posts 1 post
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 514 total posts 1 post
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 244 total posts 1 post