HOT FUZZ Cop Fest with Edgar & Nick @ The Alamo!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... one of the keenest things I get to do with AICN is throw killer events in conjunction with the Alamo Drafthouse where we unleash all manners of madcap mayhem in the name of cinematic joy. Back around December 22nd, I got a quick IM from Edgar Wright Jr - asking if I'd like to do a HOT FUZZ event where he and Nick would pop over to Austin... screen a selection of badass Cop flicks - followed by the glorious unveiling of HOT FUZZ? Well, without even touching myself, I responded in the affirmative. Fully taking on the responsibility of the possiblity that perhaps the Alamo Drafthouse may not want to do that type of thing. I mean... HOT FUZZ? Marathon of Badass Cop Flicks? Edgar and Nick there through it all getting smashed? That didn't sound like Tim League's bag... right? Well after thinking for .003 nanoseconds about how to propose the notion to the Mighty League - I laid it out simple and plan - and before I finished the phrase - Copathon... TIM was "FUCKING A I'M IN!" followed by repeated flesh slapping sounds on his end of the phone. Within about 15 minutes - I begun to have the various programmers at the Alamo emailing in a ring of blazing email fury - the entire roster of COP titles known to exist in a network of libraries and collectors ranging from this country to New Zealand to this village in Sri Lanka. Yes - it was amazing. Edgar began getting frothy at the mouth shorting out the L and Q keys on his keyboard... I began shifting weight from one ass cheek to the other to keep the blood from doing that cottage cheese thing. Yes - it was exciting. SO - When is this Orgiastic Fuzz-a-thon? ALL THE DETAILS ARE HERE! So check it out! ALSO - Tim's Bringing JOE DANTE to Austin! More on that Later!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 7, 2007, 3:22 a.m. CST
I have no fucking hope with this one.
Feb. 7, 2007, 4:03 a.m. CST
Isn't that a female problem? Sounds cool...the Hot Fuzz bit.
Feb. 7, 2007, 4:20 a.m. CST
Feb. 7, 2007, 5:06 a.m. CST
How come I haven't heard more about it here at AICN?
Feb. 7, 2007, 7:32 a.m. CST
but Joe Dante? Holy shit. That guy is one of my favorites. He was one of the directors who shaped my childhood. Gremlins. Innerspace. Explorers. Sign me up for THAT.
Feb. 7, 2007, 7:46 a.m. CST
I'll be driving 160 miles with unleaded gas just to see some cops stuff??
Feb. 7, 2007, 8:54 a.m. CST
Hmm...a couple days ago, you print yet another round of wildly enthusiastic Hot Fuzz reviews. And now, lo and behold, we find out you're hosting a screening. Really?! I never would've seen that coming. Why don't you print a few more Knocked Up reviews while you're at it? Or are you waiting until closer to the screening?
Feb. 7, 2007, 10:53 a.m. CST
but I'm cheap, I'll see this for the regular price at the Alamo South loc.
Feb. 7, 2007, 11:31 a.m. CST
And having no money to afford this stuff is agonizing.
Feb. 7, 2007, 1:01 p.m. CST
by Harry Weinstein
Nothing to complain about there. Hopefully POLICE STORY II is 35mm and not merely a projection of the new Weinstein Company DVD, but even a DVD projection is better than nothing.
Feb. 7, 2007, 1:24 p.m. CST
although I wish it was just Hot Fuzz with Simon and Edgar and not all the other stuff.
Feb. 7, 2007, 4:37 p.m. CST
I just put Electra Glide in Blue on my netflix list and bought a cowboy hat.
Feb. 7, 2007, 7:09 p.m. CST
Now all you need to do is go to your local beverage specialty store and pick up some Shiner Bock (of course, you have to pretend it actually tastes good.)
Feb. 7, 2007, 11:29 p.m. CST
by Freddie Mercury
to actually watch/listen to a movie in. But if want to listen to people eat, talk and fuck around INSTEAD of watching the movie they overpaid for, then it's great. It's like a shrine to the assholes who talk during movies in regular theaters. 90% of the movies I've seen there are punctuated by some drunk prick yelling or doing something inappropriate. It's like what the theaters in Idiocracy are probably like.
Feb. 9, 2007, 1:30 a.m. CST
I'd be there.
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 478 total posts 468 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 238 total posts 238 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 139 total posts 139 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 108 total posts 108 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 201 total posts 95 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 283 total posts 61 posts
- This nifty teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 69 total posts 53 posts