HOT FUZZ Cop Fest with Edgar & Nick @ The Alamo!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... one of the keenest things I get to do with AICN is throw killer events in conjunction with the Alamo Drafthouse where we unleash all manners of madcap mayhem in the name of cinematic joy. Back around December 22nd, I got a quick IM from Edgar Wright Jr - asking if I'd like to do a HOT FUZZ event where he and Nick would pop over to Austin... screen a selection of badass Cop flicks - followed by the glorious unveiling of HOT FUZZ? Well, without even touching myself, I responded in the affirmative. Fully taking on the responsibility of the possiblity that perhaps the Alamo Drafthouse may not want to do that type of thing. I mean... HOT FUZZ? Marathon of Badass Cop Flicks? Edgar and Nick there through it all getting smashed? That didn't sound like Tim League's bag... right? Well after thinking for .003 nanoseconds about how to propose the notion to the Mighty League - I laid it out simple and plan - and before I finished the phrase - Copathon... TIM was "FUCKING A I'M IN!" followed by repeated flesh slapping sounds on his end of the phone. Within about 15 minutes - I begun to have the various programmers at the Alamo emailing in a ring of blazing email fury - the entire roster of COP titles known to exist in a network of libraries and collectors ranging from this country to New Zealand to this village in Sri Lanka. Yes - it was amazing. Edgar began getting frothy at the mouth shorting out the L and Q keys on his keyboard... I began shifting weight from one ass cheek to the other to keep the blood from doing that cottage cheese thing. Yes - it was exciting. SO - When is this Orgiastic Fuzz-a-thon? ALL THE DETAILS ARE HERE! So check it out! ALSO - Tim's Bringing JOE DANTE to Austin! More on that Later!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 7, 2007, 3:22 a.m. CST
I have no fucking hope with this one.
Feb. 7, 2007, 4:03 a.m. CST
Isn't that a female problem? Sounds cool...the Hot Fuzz bit.
Feb. 7, 2007, 4:20 a.m. CST
Feb. 7, 2007, 5:06 a.m. CST
How come I haven't heard more about it here at AICN?
Feb. 7, 2007, 7:32 a.m. CST
but Joe Dante? Holy shit. That guy is one of my favorites. He was one of the directors who shaped my childhood. Gremlins. Innerspace. Explorers. Sign me up for THAT.
Feb. 7, 2007, 7:46 a.m. CST
I'll be driving 160 miles with unleaded gas just to see some cops stuff??
Feb. 7, 2007, 8:54 a.m. CST
Hmm...a couple days ago, you print yet another round of wildly enthusiastic Hot Fuzz reviews. And now, lo and behold, we find out you're hosting a screening. Really?! I never would've seen that coming. Why don't you print a few more Knocked Up reviews while you're at it? Or are you waiting until closer to the screening?
Feb. 7, 2007, 10:53 a.m. CST
but I'm cheap, I'll see this for the regular price at the Alamo South loc.
Feb. 7, 2007, 11:31 a.m. CST
And having no money to afford this stuff is agonizing.
Feb. 7, 2007, 1:01 p.m. CST
by Harry Weinstein
Nothing to complain about there. Hopefully POLICE STORY II is 35mm and not merely a projection of the new Weinstein Company DVD, but even a DVD projection is better than nothing.
Feb. 7, 2007, 1:24 p.m. CST
although I wish it was just Hot Fuzz with Simon and Edgar and not all the other stuff.
Feb. 7, 2007, 4:37 p.m. CST
I just put Electra Glide in Blue on my netflix list and bought a cowboy hat.
Feb. 7, 2007, 7:09 p.m. CST
Now all you need to do is go to your local beverage specialty store and pick up some Shiner Bock (of course, you have to pretend it actually tastes good.)
Feb. 7, 2007, 11:29 p.m. CST
by Freddie Mercury
to actually watch/listen to a movie in. But if want to listen to people eat, talk and fuck around INSTEAD of watching the movie they overpaid for, then it's great. It's like a shrine to the assholes who talk during movies in regular theaters. 90% of the movies I've seen there are punctuated by some drunk prick yelling or doing something inappropriate. It's like what the theaters in Idiocracy are probably like.
Feb. 9, 2007, 1:30 a.m. CST
I'd be there.
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 124 total posts 124 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 247 total posts 114 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 116 total posts 109 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 108 total posts 64 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 297 total posts 59 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 406 total posts 55 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 103 total posts 25 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts