Remember that PortaPotty Movie? GULLIBLE'S TRAVELS - well got some corrections to give ya!
Hey folks, Harry here... I got contacted by folks associated with the project that were Grade-A pissed off at the lousy sub-standard job that Variety gave the coverage of the logline. In fact, I've been told, "The logline in VARIETY is EXTREMELY WRONG." The key thing that Variety fucked up was in leaving out the word, "believes" - you see the main character "believes" he is traveling through time. And while you read this script you have to keep guessing whether or not he really is traveling through time. Also - apparently the character has NO GIRLFRIEND in the script... which Variety claimed he did. Oh... and the Port-A-Potty scene is about two pages long and is NOT the device being used to transport him - as Variety noted. Bottom line this is about a guy who BELIEVES he is traveling through time, and it's called GULLIBLE'S TRAVELS. The rest of the Variety description is wholly inaccurate. My source wouldn't give much more away about the film, as... well they just wanted to make sure we realized that VARIETY didn't know what they were talking about - and they wanted to make sure we knew this wasn't a port-a-potty adventure. Doesn't that make you feel better?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:43 p.m. CST
by TORTURE PWN
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:44 p.m. CST
by TORTURE PWN
I'd like to thank all the little people...
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:45 p.m. CST
by Childe Roland
...that weren't about toilets but featured them in memorable scenes were actually apt benchmarks by which to judge this? Because, based even on this updated premise, I'm thinking this movie may fail to live up to most of them.
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:45 p.m. CST
Thanks, Harry...for another major breaking news story hear at AICN. As you were people!
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:52 p.m. CST
Because that variety thing made it sounds fucking awful.
Feb. 1, 2007, 5:01 p.m. CST
I thought this was going to be an idiotic big-budget comedy about a moron we're supposed to sympathize with (probably played by Stiller, Sandler, or a Wilson), filled with inane topical pop culture jokes and an overemphasis on port-a-potties. But we can all rest easy now; that port-a-potty part was wrong.
Feb. 1, 2007, 5:57 p.m. CST
...will he be wearing his "Michael Myers Shit Mask(Registered Trademark.)" in the "believeable" time travelling port-a-potty?
Feb. 1, 2007, 6:29 p.m. CST
by RKDN Del Sol
He and I are like bathers. He and I both agree that this movie will be like scat, and I'm not talkin Ella Fitzgerald, baby.
Feb. 1, 2007, 6:32 p.m. CST
by Amy Chasing
a guy really does travel through time in a porta-potty looking for his girlfriend? maybe dreamworks can now that they've lost aardman. anyway, I'm sure it'll get news coverage on the Wii news channel - film at 11.
Feb. 1, 2007, 7:44 p.m. CST
Seriously, I don't care whar the dude believes. A toilet time travel story is a toilet time travel story.
Feb. 1, 2007, 8:28 p.m. CST
by half vader
What, the guy that said all that in the original TB?! Why didn't you just update that post? Slow day, huh? ;)
Feb. 1, 2007, 9:04 p.m. CST
...sounds much better now. Ahem
Feb. 1, 2007, 9:17 p.m. CST
Now I can sleep tonight.
Feb. 1, 2007, 9:22 p.m. CST
Because I'll sit through anything once... unless it's Chicago. Fuck that abomination of a movie.
Feb. 1, 2007, 9:38 p.m. CST
Just so we could get the 'turdis' and 'Dr Poo' jokes. <p> Good work whoever you were.
Feb. 2, 2007, 4:01 p.m. CST
How did this happen?
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 459 total posts 312 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 129 total posts 15 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 381 total posts 12 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 85 total posts 7 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 358 total posts 7 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 183 total posts 7 posts
- Lars Von Trier's NYMPHOMANIAC Gets Two Release Dates! -- 57 total posts 5 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 203 total posts 5 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 83 total posts 2 posts