Remember that PortaPotty Movie? GULLIBLE'S TRAVELS - well got some corrections to give ya!
Hey folks, Harry here... I got contacted by folks associated with the project that were Grade-A pissed off at the lousy sub-standard job that Variety gave the coverage of the logline. In fact, I've been told, "The logline in VARIETY is EXTREMELY WRONG." The key thing that Variety fucked up was in leaving out the word, "believes" - you see the main character "believes" he is traveling through time. And while you read this script you have to keep guessing whether or not he really is traveling through time. Also - apparently the character has NO GIRLFRIEND in the script... which Variety claimed he did. Oh... and the Port-A-Potty scene is about two pages long and is NOT the device being used to transport him - as Variety noted. Bottom line this is about a guy who BELIEVES he is traveling through time, and it's called GULLIBLE'S TRAVELS. The rest of the Variety description is wholly inaccurate. My source wouldn't give much more away about the film, as... well they just wanted to make sure we realized that VARIETY didn't know what they were talking about - and they wanted to make sure we knew this wasn't a port-a-potty adventure. Doesn't that make you feel better?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:43 p.m. CST
by TORTURE PWN
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:44 p.m. CST
by TORTURE PWN
I'd like to thank all the little people...
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:45 p.m. CST
by Childe Roland
...that weren't about toilets but featured them in memorable scenes were actually apt benchmarks by which to judge this? Because, based even on this updated premise, I'm thinking this movie may fail to live up to most of them.
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:45 p.m. CST
Thanks, Harry...for another major breaking news story hear at AICN. As you were people!
Feb. 1, 2007, 4:52 p.m. CST
Because that variety thing made it sounds fucking awful.
Feb. 1, 2007, 5:01 p.m. CST
I thought this was going to be an idiotic big-budget comedy about a moron we're supposed to sympathize with (probably played by Stiller, Sandler, or a Wilson), filled with inane topical pop culture jokes and an overemphasis on port-a-potties. But we can all rest easy now; that port-a-potty part was wrong.
Feb. 1, 2007, 5:57 p.m. CST
...will he be wearing his "Michael Myers Shit Mask(Registered Trademark.)" in the "believeable" time travelling port-a-potty?
Feb. 1, 2007, 6:29 p.m. CST
by RKDN Del Sol
He and I are like bathers. He and I both agree that this movie will be like scat, and I'm not talkin Ella Fitzgerald, baby.
Feb. 1, 2007, 6:32 p.m. CST
by Amy Chasing
a guy really does travel through time in a porta-potty looking for his girlfriend? maybe dreamworks can now that they've lost aardman. anyway, I'm sure it'll get news coverage on the Wii news channel - film at 11.
Feb. 1, 2007, 7:44 p.m. CST
Seriously, I don't care whar the dude believes. A toilet time travel story is a toilet time travel story.
Feb. 1, 2007, 8:28 p.m. CST
by half vader
What, the guy that said all that in the original TB?! Why didn't you just update that post? Slow day, huh? ;)
Feb. 1, 2007, 9:04 p.m. CST
...sounds much better now. Ahem
Feb. 1, 2007, 9:17 p.m. CST
Now I can sleep tonight.
Feb. 1, 2007, 9:22 p.m. CST
Because I'll sit through anything once... unless it's Chicago. Fuck that abomination of a movie.
Feb. 1, 2007, 9:38 p.m. CST
Just so we could get the 'turdis' and 'Dr Poo' jokes. <p> Good work whoever you were.
Feb. 2, 2007, 4:01 p.m. CST
How did this happen?
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 231 total posts 75 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 57 total posts 15 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 45 total posts 8 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 276 total posts 6 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Just How Conjoined Is Sarah Paulson In AHS FREAK SHOW?? See For Yourself!! -- 72 total posts 4 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 89 total posts 3 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 188 total posts 2 posts