1. Dear Mr. Stallone, First I would like to thank you for just the opportunity to ask you a question, not many stars do this and I think it is fantastic. My question is a two-parter, out of your vast library of films: a. who was your favorite leading lady? b. which costar, male or female, has impressed you the most with their acting ability? Thanks, Michael in NashvilleWithout a doubt Talia Shire is my favorite leading lady. Not that I haven’t had other good ones, but Talia provided the spark plug that drove the success of ROCKY. I call that the “Adrian factor”. She gave the film the opportunity to display heart. Also, I enjoyed working with Darlanne Fluegel from LOCK UP, Janine Turner in CLIFFHANGER and definitely Sharon Stone, who is a good buddy.
2. As we know you're going to produce Rambo IV: In the Serpent's Eye in the northern region of Thailand close to the Burmese boarder. And as we also know all the Rambo movies before have been very violent, of course, otherwise it wouldn't be a Rambo movie :). But the Thai Government is concerned that too much violence in the new movie could reflect the agressivity from the Burmese people and tribes which isn't actually present. How are you going to handle this? Do we have to expect not to see a violent movie like before? Thank you! Enrico (C.Mai., Thailand)The Thai government has read the script and vetoed out all the action, which of course contains violence, but the violence is merely a reflection of the reality of that region. This will be a very difficult shoot because we’re blending fact with fiction, which is always a volatile mixture.
3. Yo, Sly... Is it true that you once saw a ghost during your time in Switzerland? And how about any recent encounters with the supernatural? Frightfully yours, Dennis in Westwood, CaI definitely saw something that I would interpret as supernatural. I was in this old building that now served as a college dorm. But before that it was a clinic that specialized in people suffering with tuberculosis. The clinic was called a Solarium. One night, while engaged in intense nose-to-nose conversation with a female student, out of the corner of my eye I saw what appeared to be a shadow slide across the empty hallway and disappear beneath the door. I was sober at the time and believe me, though I may have a fancy for imagination, this definitely qualified to be a grand prizewinner in the “too real” category.
4. Hey Sly, I was just wondering if showering with Kurt Russell has been the highlight of your career up to this point. Alvin Vancouver, British ColumbiaI gotta admit, showering with a fellow member of the same sex makes me repulsed and very uncomfortable, but the fact that we continued to make jokes about each other’s dangling members helped alleviate the tension. But if you noticed, who was the first one to drop the soap… not that I’m pointing fingers by any means. Just kidding. If we were dinosaurs we would definitely be labeled as members of the Tyrannosaurus sex species.
5. Sly, In all the Rocky movies, the training montages are our favorite scenes. When putting these together, do you film the scenes and then find the music, or do you already know the music and does the music inspire the scenes? Also, my brother and I just purchased a case of Sly Glacial Water, which is fantastic. How did you get involved in that business, your idea or did they approach you? Thanks so much for everything. Craig and Jon Finkel Hermosa Beach, CANo, the training montages were put together by just compiling a series of physical exercises, indoor contrasted with outdoor endeavors to create a visual mixture that would provide the composer with different stimulation. I will admit, the lst temporary song I used for the ROCKY montage was a tune written by Hall & Oats called “Grounds for Separation”. This provided a direction for Bill Conti to go. After that, all the other ROCKYS followed a similar pattern except for the montage in ROCKY IV, “No Easy Way Out,” which was shot to the song which already existed
6. who suffers more: jesus in THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST or rocky in the six ROCKY films combined? is it okay to cry? if so, how often? if they were going to make a movie about your life, who would you want to play you in the movie about your life? Yello Sly Thanks, jeffWithout a doubt…Christ. What are you crazy? Rocky takes pain and channels it into desire and the anger to retaliate. All of us, every one of you understand the real meaning of pain, which is just the process of meandering through this volatile concep called life. The pounding you see Rocky receiving is just a metaphor for the body shots that everyday people take everyday. As far as who I think should play me: I’m flipping a coin between Danny Devito and Leo Gorcey of The Dead End Kids. But, let’s not eliminate the possibility of Rondo Hatton AKA “The Oxford Creeper” playing the young Stallone.
7. Why was the decision made not to release Rocky Balboa simultaneously worldwide? Surely, that would get rid of unwanted piracy and spoilers? Luckily the timing's good for me, i'm meeting a really perfect girl from Glasgow called Adrian, and our first date will be watching Rocky Balboa in February! Wish me luck! From Luke Gray Oxfordshire, EnglandThat would be an excellent idea. Unfortunately ROCKY BALBOA didn’t have the necessary horsepower to move other films off their pre-arranged dates. So we take what we can get. I believe the film will have opened throughout Europe by mid-February. I suggested once that studios, this is back in 1980; pirate their own films since someone’s going to do it anyway. But that was met with a resounding thud.
8. Dear Sly, I recently had the chance to see a short film call "Your Studio and You" by Matt Stone and Trey Parker. It features many famous Hollywood celebrities including you doing your Rocky Balboa voice and all. Not many people know that this film exists so I was wondering how your involvement came about to do your short cameo role and if your role was written when you got to the set. You have some of the best parts and your lines ending the short are classic. Joey D Astoria, New York CityThese young men came down when I was living in Miami and I believe we did the filming there. It was all their creation and I think the film was to either commemorate a studio anniversary or the birth of Matt Damon.
9. Dear Mr. Stallone, how much does 'Rocky Balboa' echo the first Rocky? Also, which Rocky flick had the best training sequence (in your opinion)? Thank you for your time, RaviRocky Balboa is what I believe to be the best twin companion for the first one. If they were bookends these two would match up perfectly. My fantasy edit would be to have ROCKY end as it does, and as the music dies down and it fades on Rocky and Adrian hugging, the screen would go to black and up would come the quote “30 years later,” and we’d open up on ROCKY BALBOA at Adrian’s grave sight to show how life can rip your guts out when you least expect it. Without a doubt, the training sequence for ROCKY IV was by far the most difficult and special.
10. We still fondly remember your brother Frank Stallones song “Take You Back” from Rocky, as well as his contribution to First Blood Part 2. Is he involved in either Rocky Balboa or the next Rambo?If I didn’t use my Brother, I’d never hear the end of it, plus, what are brothers for? They’re there to love each other and drive each other insane. But through it all, he did provide a great song in “Take You Back,” and I feature it in the opening credits, which I believe instantaneously transports the audience back in time.
Dec. 11, 2006, 11:26 p.m. CST
you guys are getting sloppy!
Dec. 11, 2006, 11:29 p.m. CST
Don't let us down, Sly! And I don't get it - can you film Rambo action in Thailand or not?
Dec. 11, 2006, 11:30 p.m. CST
It was NOT there when I logged on, but now it is. Since no one else has posted yet, I can't prove it! It sucks being first!
Dec. 11, 2006, 11:28 p.m. CST
Oops, wrong title. So Mr. Stallone, when are we gonna get to see you in a real gritty, down and dirty drama... not including a franchise pic... You rock, even with Estelle Getty (was that her name?)
Dec. 11, 2006, 11:35 p.m. CST
don't worry i noticed the answer t #1 was missing too...
Dec. 11, 2006, 11:37 p.m. CST
thought it was just me! I notice Sly has nice things to say about Sharon Stone today. Wonder if he felt a little guilty criticizing her shower scene the other day. C'mon, everyone knows she's nuts, Sly! You don't need to apologize!
Dec. 11, 2006, 11:37 p.m. CST
by GibsonUSA Returns
But had no problems with it in Basic Instinct 2 TEN YEARS later....:-\
Dec. 11, 2006, 11:53 p.m. CST
and I give her a free pass since that time she had that stroke thingy. She can be wacky if she feels like it. And please tell me Rambo Cricket has been released into the wild. I've been concerned.
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:03 a.m. CST
by Read and Shut Up
No other artist would be so generous with his or her time. Thanks Sly for your insight, sense of humor and for, somehow, pretty much uniting AICN Talkbackers - which ain't easy. Also - I wouldn't nail Sharon Stone with Sharon Stone's dick.
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:06 a.m. CST
"If we were dinosaurs we would definitely be labeled as members of the Tyrannosaurus sex species." so, is this supposed to be about how small TRex arms are? what is the reference here? lol. just kidding.
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:08 a.m. CST
I'll be 33 Thursday. I hope you don't feel as old as I do.
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:16 a.m. CST
by Rainbow Cotton
"You were the rigger, I was the trigger". Or was that the other way around? What ev, that movie was great. Lots of people like to attack Stallone's later (post-80s action) output, but it was certainly a lot better than Schwarzenegger's (Sixth Day anyone?) and any of the other 80s action stars (with the exception of Willis, who graced us with Pulp Fiction, Sixth Sense, and Unbreakable, but then again also gave us both Hudson Hawk and Armageddon, so I guess maybe it all evens out, haha).<br><br> Whatever you want to say about Stallone in the 90s, at least he still makes a better action star than Nicolas fucking Cage. He's certainly more attractive than any of the other action stars of the time. I think I had my first awakening watching the infamous bicep closeup / knife sharpening scene in First Blood Part II. Maybe that's too much info, but there it is. :)
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:20 a.m. CST
by Alonzo Mosely
Sly's cool an all, but I am pitching the cricket story as we speak. I need to know if the real life inspiration is available for interviews...
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:27 a.m. CST
i.e. "I was boning her when her dad came for a visit and i ran my ass out the window."
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:33 a.m. CST
Rambo cricket! He does recon for Rambo, gives different cricket signals for 'all clear' ' there are 3 guards ahead' etc.. Rambo charges through the brush, with Rambo cricket hopping down on his shoulder. During battle RC lets him know when he's running low on ammo or being approached from behind by staying in his ear to be heard above the gunfire... Oh, and I'm whining again for Sly to answer my questions.
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:34 a.m. CST
If you haven't youtubed this yet, check it out....
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:45 a.m. CST
Mr. Stallone - This is so cool. I'm an '80s baby, and having "Rocky Balboa" come back during this oppressive 8-year administration is just what I and my generation needed. You're a hero to all of us and it's great to see you taking Hollywood by the balls once again. Best of luck and thanks for coming through with these ?s like a consummate pro. Happy Birthday Harry!!! - You're 35? MotherFucker, that means I started reading this site when I was 11! Bonkers. I've checked this sucker through the worst days of middle school, thru half-awkward high school, to getting some in college and now as I look for a job in the industry. You (and your crew) are to Movie News what Sly is to Cinema Badasses. Cheers.
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:08 a.m. CST
Sly said that Carl Weathers wanted too much money for Apollo Creed footage to appear in "Rocky Balboa"... well since he's making it for MGM/Sony/whoever-owns-the-studio-today, shouldn't THEY in fact own the footage from the Rockys? Why would Sly have to pay for use of the footage?
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:24 a.m. CST
I guess the boat has sailed on that one, too ...
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:46 a.m. CST
Stallone (and Rocky) is the ultimate underdog story in Hollywood history. I'm a working actor in l.a. but it's still rare to get the chance to audition for many big films. I went in about a year ago for a very small role in Rocky Balboa and ran into Stallone in the hallway. He's such an inspiring figure that I became completely tongue-tied and seemed to forget I had a job to do. I ended up just gushing into the camera about how well I hoped the movie would do and about how much the Rocky films have meant to me personally. Now I've been around the block, working with big stars like Pacino so I wasn't sure where this unprofessionalness came from. But I thought about it and I think these movies are just a huge inspiration to so many of us (enough to make me sound like a 12 year-old schoolgirl). Anyway, I'm really enjoying this Q & A and I'm hoping this movie does well. I can't wait for next Wednesday!!
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:48 a.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:52 a.m. CST
I mean because of country-related controversy about fact and fiction ^_^
Dec. 12, 2006, 2:10 a.m. CST
by Captain Mal
I'm just sayin'.
Dec. 12, 2006, 2:31 a.m. CST
I think Eye of the Tiger has to be the BEST made for movie song ever. That would definitely take the movie to another level in my opinion if we heard it one more time. It would be so badass and nostalgic at the same time. Anyone else agree?
Dec. 12, 2006, 3:37 a.m. CST
Definitely know what you're talking about there Sly. Made a real funny MST3K episode too. "Creeper creeper creeper!!"
Dec. 12, 2006, 3:49 a.m. CST
shit when i was a kid i'd be frozen stiff scared batshit while watching unsolved mysteries, damn! anyone catch ghost hunters on scifi?
Dec. 12, 2006, 3:55 a.m. CST
always most interesting to see this native-american/german mix of 2 warrior races go back to his habitat, the jungle where he lived and breathed back in nam. that'ss why i love rambo 2 so much. .the woodlands of first blood was a good taste of what's to come, and we saw this green shadow himself in rambo 2 at last. afghanistan was just wtf, rambo 4- back to the jungle, can't wait
Dec. 12, 2006, 4:29 a.m. CST
And there goes another one of Exeter's loads, shot off to his usual SS "warrior race" wank fantasies.
Dec. 12, 2006, 5:55 a.m. CST
Thailand there didn't seem to be any major problem. Certainly nothing that would require fucking RAMBO going in there! Shit, Cambodia and Vietnam are not exactly in the midst of war either. I would be pissed, if I were the Thai officials.
Dec. 12, 2006, 7:13 a.m. CST
by Anakin Whoopass
Actors have to get paid if footage of them is used in a different movie regardless of who owns the movie. Stallone should do a cut that includes the footage, put it in a vault, and wait for Carl Weathers to drop his price to be on some future DVD release. Worst case someone might be able to release that version after Weathers has passed away, like with Marlon Brando in Superman II, dealing with the estate instead of the man.
Dec. 12, 2006, 7:19 a.m. CST
I mean, I can sort of see why they might get pissed - but its not like the film is saying Thailand as a country is evil - its just where they've decided to set the story. I think any country getting precious about a film in this way - and I say this as a Brit who watched "The Patriot" - is setting themselves up for a fall. High Five!
Dec. 12, 2006, 7:23 a.m. CST
sweet. i was hoping he'd use this song somewhere in the movie. Now if we can get a laboured jog around town to the tune of "philadelphia morning" then i'm golden.
Dec. 12, 2006, 7:24 a.m. CST
...isn't really a Rocky movie without a montage, but I hope the new one doesn't have a lot of flashbacks (like the No Easy Way Out montage in IV). I only like 'em when they use new footage and further the plot (like Mickey Loves You in V). I can't wait to give the theater clerk my money for a Rocky movie again. Thanks Sly, I friggin love you.
Dec. 12, 2006, 7:24 a.m. CST
The irony being that for nothing more than the cost of £1, half an hour looking in the 'bargain basement' section of HMV and worst of all, the sting of my pride, I could watch the whole of Action Jackson.
Dec. 12, 2006, 7:26 a.m. CST
I just hope that they set the inevitable training section to: "The hours approaching, just give it your best You got to reach your prime. That’s when you need to put yourself to the test, And show us a passage of time, Were going to need a montage (montage) Oh it takes a montage (montage) Sure a lot of things happing at once, With mind, everyone what’s going on (what’s going on?) And when every shot you show a little improvement Just Show it or it will take to long that’s called a montage (montage) Oh we want montage (montage) And anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro, You want a montage (montage) even rocky had a montage (montage) (Montage…montage) Anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro, You need a montage (montage) Oh it takes a montage (montage) Always fade out in a montage, If you fade out, it seem like more time Has passed in a montage, Montage"
Dec. 12, 2006, 8:02 a.m. CST
if Rambo 4 is trying to make current uneasiness (of which there is very little) into something big, then it could seriously damage Thailand;s economy, by way of fucking up their tourism. How many people spend their holiday money on a trip to Afganistan? Or Cambodia for that matter, even after so much time has passed. Just be careful, is all I say to Mr. Stallone. London's tourism still hasn't recovered since all you Yanks really believed that the government was infiltrated by aliens!
Dec. 12, 2006, 8:03 a.m. CST
I remember back in the 80's Sly movies were an EVENT. Everybody was excited about being in the theatre. Its hard to get all pumped up about action movies/stars nowadays. I cant wait till this opens.
Dec. 12, 2006, 8:04 a.m. CST
was the real looser at the Oscars. It it an absolute classic, along with the 'Alec Baldwin' song. And i'm sure that some American's are still looking for DerkaDerkastan on a map.... if they own one.
Dec. 12, 2006, 8:08 a.m. CST
"SHOW a lot of things happening at once, REMIND, everyone what’s going on (what’s going on?) "
Dec. 12, 2006, 8:14 a.m. CST
...that's from "Team America," right? I damn near pissed myself laughing when I saw that movie. MON-TAGE!!
Dec. 12, 2006, 8:51 a.m. CST
You got it Abominate :) And Steph_J - yup, you gotta excuse me - that's what I get for copying and posting when I should be working. Saw the errors, but oh-too-late. I defer to you about the impact a film can have on Thailand's tourism. To my uninformed eye it revolves around Beardy-Weirdies wanting to cuddle Orang-Utangs and students wanting to 'find themselves' (AKA get a blowjob off a Ladyboy). Would a Rambo film affect either? I mean, Rambo III was set in Afghanistan and....and.... oh shit.
Dec. 12, 2006, 8:51 a.m. CST
You got it Abominate :) And Steph_J - yup, you gotta excuse me - that's what I get for copying and posting when I should be working. Saw the errors, but oh-too-late. I defer to you about the impact a film can have on Thailand's tourism. To my uninformed eye it revolves around Beardy-Weirdies wanting to cuddle Orang-Utangs and students wanting to 'find themselves' (AKA get a blowjob off a Ladyboy). Would a Rambo film affect either? I mean, Rambo III was set in Afghanistan and....and.... oh, shit.
Dec. 12, 2006, 9:03 a.m. CST
Because I'd like to see a chance of it actually getting posted.
Dec. 12, 2006, 9:29 a.m. CST
I think Stallone would make a great Dick Marcinko if they made a movie based on his books. They have the same sense of humor and Dick routinely uses the insult 'pusnuts'. They are also roughly the same age. Any of you talkbackers familiar with the Rogue Warrior agree?
Dec. 12, 2006, 9:53 a.m. CST
Made it onto MSNBC.com and Fark.com I guess someone from MSNBC reads aintitcool
Dec. 12, 2006, 10:06 a.m. CST
About his work on Antz and plugging Sharon Stones segments. She's 60 years old and tastey - just me and my sick taste.
Dec. 12, 2006, 10:11 a.m. CST
What putzes they are for not sourcing the story.
Dec. 12, 2006, 10:15 a.m. CST
They did source it. They said "...Stallone told aintitcoolnews.com."
Dec. 12, 2006, 10:38 a.m. CST
...the students who want to 'find themselves' aren't swayed by the sex industry, that Leo DiCarpio about the beach, and the tropical weather of course. Serves them right that they usually just end up 'finding' an STD wart on their bell ends. But its a shame it has this reputation... theres really a lot more.
Dec. 12, 2006, 10:45 a.m. CST
i want action and blood!
Dec. 12, 2006, 10:47 a.m. CST
Go do your own damn footwork and get your own damn interviews and leave the coolage for us. If the 'real' media can't be counted on to ask the right questions, then f 'em.
Dec. 12, 2006, 11:07 a.m. CST
That's going into my vocabulary. It will be a daily staple!
Dec. 12, 2006, 11:21 a.m. CST
but hes almost doing too much work for this movie. over 100 questions from nerds? the movie better be good carpemundus.com - crossing our fingers so hard they broke
Dec. 12, 2006, 11:44 a.m. CST
No offense against Sly, but enough already.
Dec. 12, 2006, 11:54 a.m. CST
Harry told us. He and Sly decided to do ten questions a day until the opening day of the movie. So there's going to be many more, try not taking it for granted.
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:07 p.m. CST
This question series has been great. I've told all my friends to check it out, and everyone's commented on how they didn't know Sly would be so witty and funny. More stars should use this idea. The fact that he even mentioned Leo Gorcey makes me smile. Leo Gorcey was probably one of the greatest actors of the '30's, '40's, and '50's. The fact that the Bowery Boys movies are not available on DVD is a travesty.
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:18 p.m. CST
I've been reading this site daily for about 8 - 9 years. Real glad I found it. And having something other then Quinton T. hand job / geeking (though I love his stuff) from a dude who made great action movies during my 7th grade to 11th grade years is pretty cool. Can someone post a link to Camerons script for Rambo? That would be a great read.
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:24 p.m. CST
by King Sweyn Forkbeard
And not one person has asked him if he remembers where to stand for a corner kick.
Dec. 12, 2006, 12:26 p.m. CST
Does this mean the movie had to be toned down?...."The Thai government has read the script and vetoed out all the action, which of course contains violence,.."...I hope Stallone clears this up in the next set of questions. If Rambo 4 has been censored, its not going to be any good.
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:12 p.m. CST
But after glacing at it, laughing out loud, then reading every single Q & A, I am SOOOOOO happy that Harry and Mr. Stallone agreed to this. This has been arguably the best thing i have read on this site. Thanks Harry, Thanks Stallone. AWSOME STUFF!
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:16 p.m. CST
About them paying actors for footage: Holy crap, really? They never taught us that. Can you imagine how expensive the end titles of "Rocky V" must have cost?!??
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:16 p.m. CST
A month long interview with Stallone? Sheesh.
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:26 p.m. CST
A traveler runs into a trio from the new Anderson film "THE DARJEELING LIMITED". Here is the link: http://jessechappelle.blogspot.com/2006/12/what-you-find-in-rajasthan.html
Dec. 12, 2006, 1:31 p.m. CST
What's funny about that is that I was just telling my girlfriend about Stallone believing that Gere still thinks he's responsible for the 'gerbil' story. Unlike MSNBC, I prefaced this by saying, 'THERE'S THIS SERIES OF INTERVIEWS ON AINTITCOOLNEWS WHERE PEOPLE SUBMIT QUESTIONS TO SYLVESTER STALLONE'. Sure enough, I just got the email of the article link from her while she's at work and quickly scanned it to see if they mentioned what is going on over here... nothing. Come back here and of course others have already commented on it. Like someone else said, if you can't ask the right questions and get interesting answers than go fuck yourselves and at least make note of your sources.
Dec. 12, 2006, 2:20 p.m. CST
by Mel Garga
Rambo Cricket is teh shti! He could also kick Shelob's ass as well.
Dec. 12, 2006, 2:27 p.m. CST
by raoul coutard
where do i go on this site to submit a question to sly?
Dec. 12, 2006, 2:35 p.m. CST
by raoul coutard
cruel kindgom and jimmy9, you are morons, if you don't appreciate these sessions with sly, then kindly leave and don't rain on our parade. thank you.
Dec. 12, 2006, 2:56 p.m. CST
...good job you never had to do any real hard labour in your life then. When i worked in a steel works back in the 1980's, if you didn't get into the showers with the other blokes or help clean the ingrained dirt from someone's back then you would have been viewed with suspicion to say the least. To call it repulsive - well, i found that offensive to every blue collar guy who doesn't want to take their dirt home with them. Stallone always did come across as a mentally-challenged chap. I had to have a chuckle after the Rambo IV remark. Is he serious..? After the shite that was Rambo III..? And without a Crenna in sight to give it the gravitas (sic) required..? Yes, it is nice of Sly to come here and answer all these questions from the less intelligent members of the AICN community (and kerrrrist knows its gonna take some time getting those brown stains off their schnozes) but why such inane crud..? WHy not ask him if he's been approached to make 'Italian Stallion II' (with his career being at an all-time low)..? What about 'How many facelifts/ liposuctions have you had in the last ten years. As a commie bastard i'd just like to say... it's great to have you back Mr.Stallone. Us commies need a hate figure now Arnie's decided to go all soft (because he knows the Republican's days of popularity are numbered/gone). Rant over (just don't let a loser like Balboa ever appear in our hallowed halls again Harry or i'll have to go back to CHUD and, believe me, i don't want to do that shit to ya).
Dec. 12, 2006, 3:04 p.m. CST
by GibsonUSA Returns
actually i used to just be like "raaaam-boooow!" like a cartoon villian when he escaped yet again. As for Rambo IV, if Stallone is being censored by the Thai government, then why bother filming in Thailand? Why not re-write the script to be in China, or some other place? Why must it be Thailand?<BR> Yeah I've always wondered why Rambo had to be in a Thai monestary. Is that the only place he can find peace? Why can't he find a place in the U.S.? Live quietly in the countryside....grow a walnut farm or something. Or maybe join the Amish. Why must it be Thai?
Dec. 12, 2006, 3:17 p.m. CST
For those who don't know: http://tinyurl.com/y4ydw5
Dec. 12, 2006, 3:19 p.m. CST
Dec. 12, 2006, 4:44 p.m. CST
by Neo Zeed
Dec. 12, 2006, 4:48 p.m. CST
cmon stop with your nazi fantasies you sad fuck.
Dec. 12, 2006, 5:07 p.m. CST
none other that Harry himself.
Dec. 12, 2006, 5:39 p.m. CST
Let's ask more original questions. Not just, "So did you like making Rocky Balboa?" or "What did you think of Rocky Balboa?" or "How can you be 60 and still make Rocky Balboa?" C'mon Harry, give Sly the good stuff. Leave the basic "safe" questions for E! or Hollywood Roundup. We know he wants 'em, hell he has more fun with those than with a generic one. He gets those at every press junket he goes to. So how about making the last 9 ROUNDS worthy of all this talkbacker geekness.
Dec. 12, 2006, 5:42 p.m. CST
Workshed obviously doesn't know a damned thing about Sly. While he was trying to get his career going, Sly was an usher, a fish-head cutter, a lion cage cleaner, a basket boy, a bouncer for an apartment, and anything else he could grab to pay the bills. Jeesh... just because the steel mill industry's gay doesn't mean everybody else has to be. Besides, Stallone was probably mostly jesting.
Dec. 12, 2006, 5:58 p.m. CST
by Orbots Commander
Considering that a large portion of the film is basically a remake of FIRST BLOOD, I wonder what Sly's opinion of Gibson's movie is...assuming he's seen it of course.
Dec. 12, 2006, 6:58 p.m. CST
I've never in my 26 years on this planet been interested in Rocky. But these talkbacks with Sly have made me want to go out and buy the box set of Rocky movies so I can watch the new one without missing on the back-story. I feel humbled.
Dec. 12, 2006, 7:33 p.m. CST
You didn't get that much love in life did you? It's okay workshed. Your father DOES love you. You don't have to take it out on Stallone.
Dec. 12, 2006, 7:52 p.m. CST
Will it be tomorrow already when we see part 12? I guess as long as it's still before midnight Central, then it's on time. Or maybe Harry just gets the answers this late. The funny thing is, as much as I'm enjoying this (and I'm obviously eager for every next ten-spot), Sly doesn't even always bother to answer the whole question. Maybe there's a strict unwritten rule he's set where it's one question per question only. He'll choose one 'Sly' question per e-mail, "limit one per customer".
Dec. 12, 2006, 7:52 p.m. CST
by GibsonUSA Returns
Sylvester Stallone is more than just Rambo and Rocky. He seems to be a relatively intelligent, complex person. How about some more original questions? How about ANYTHING non-movie related? I sent in questions asking him about what cars he's driven, which he's liked....and asked if he was a protective father and what he feels are the benefits and hazards of having a moviestar dad.....things like that. Don't ask him about Rocky again....
Dec. 12, 2006, 8:07 p.m. CST
Cause I think MSNBC could have at least mentioned where Stallone said the thing about Gere? Cause I think this whole Q&A thing has something original and fresh about it and think it's fucked up that it's not getting any credit outside of here? That's a really original name, btw... seriously, the Michael Bay shit is tired and fucking annoying, just like every other TB catch-phrase.
Dec. 12, 2006, 8:34 p.m. CST
If I were christian, I'd have entered "Christ..." on the subject line<BR>Look, Harry, as with the Supes crap, as with the Kong crap, as with the Godzilla crap... we know you've sold out. Why continue to admonish yourself? I truly hope those dollar bills are worth it. You liberals keep chastising the rest of us to spread it around...
Dec. 12, 2006, 9:51 p.m. CST
by GibsonUSA Returns
I wanted him to stand there for 10 minutes again. That was awesome.
Dec. 12, 2006, 9:55 p.m. CST
Holding us right to the wire. (Or past it.)We'll see...less than two hours left to post part 12.
Dec. 12, 2006, 9:59 p.m. CST
Damn you, Jar Jar Binks
Dec. 12, 2006, 10:16 p.m. CST
by GibsonUSA Returns
Here's a video of Dan Marino going nuts: <BR>http://tinyurl.com/yl6h56
Dec. 13, 2006, 12:50 a.m. CST
by clinton branum
This is my crack!!!!!!!!!!
Dec. 13, 2006, 1 a.m. CST
...if you really want to make a point of some kind while retaliating, then I would suggest you write something that actually makes sense. I know it's hard to believe, but most of us outgrew non-sequitor insults by the sixth grade.
Dec. 13, 2006, 7:32 a.m. CST
Well, i have been happily married twelve years with two beautiful daughters. Plus my wife gives a fantastic blow job. I also (much like the TV producers kid in 'CurbYE') was born with a 'huge cock' that, as a proud Yorkshireman, i've been happy to display on my many travels around the globe. What's your excuse..? Not had a girlfriend yet..? Still watching Stallone movies to 'bang one out'..? I'm sorry but the guy punches slabs of meat and thinks it to be 'cool' lol. The only thing that was ever cool about Sly was the fact that he opened a 'restaurant chain' (loosely speaking) that sold pretty fine cheeseburgers. As a footnote... when i was at comprehensive school (80-88) all the idiots who lacked education were besotted by Sly and would lap up every pirate video whilst I, and my intelligent brethren were realising the mysterious beauty of Powell and Pressburger, the immediacy of Hitchcock and (at that time) the power of actors like De Niro/Brando/Newman/Huston. Of all the dicks to interview... made me chuckle though at how the man lives in denial.
Dec. 13, 2006, 7:35 a.m. CST
The bloke still likes 'MOR FM SOFT COCK' too - off with his head!
Dec. 13, 2006, 12:17 p.m. CST
um... yeah... okay. You got me (enter extreme sarcasm)
Dec. 13, 2006, 12:35 p.m. CST
by The Founder
I'll be damn if i don't want to see it. Looks good to me.
Feb. 9, 2007, 3:13 a.m. CST
by I LOVE ROCKY
i would love to see you making an other rocky rocky rocky 7 you could atleast use your son in the movie to be the boxer and train him to be strong like rocky please please make us an other rocky i love all your rocky please mate tell me are u going to make an other rocky and if so not y and last thing why did u loose the fight at the end
May 16, 2008, 7:11 p.m. CST
why dont you goy fuck yourself? ever thought about that? dont try to think too hard though.
May 19, 2008, 2:18 p.m. CST
by just pillow talk
Did you get your feelings hurt? awwww, poor baby...
July 19, 2008, 11:41 p.m. CST
July 21, 2008, 10:15 a.m. CST
by just pillow talk
Do you want a cookie?