Fox Moves THE OC
I am – Hercules!!
Fox is moving “The OC” to Wednesday at 9 p.m. this week, following the pummeling “Grey’s Anatomy” gave its season premiere last Thursday.
A new “O.C.” will also air in the 9 p.m. Thursday timeslot this week.
Hopefully Fox is aware that, effective next week, “Lost” is on hiatus until February. If left on Wednesdays, Seth Cohen, Taylor Townsend and the MiniCoop might get the traction they could never manage in their brutal Thursday slot.
Variety’s Josef Adalian, who has seen the first four episodes of “O.C.’s” fourth season, notes a creative resurgence in the show. You can read his appraisal here.
The Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 6, 2006, 1:16 a.m. CST
Nov. 6, 2006, 3:22 a.m. CST
by Det. John Kimble
Otherwise I'm afraid they're going down.
Nov. 6, 2006, 4:02 a.m. CST
man this show is done. I always admired how they could bounce back from bad plotlines in this show, but I dont think they have that bulletproof capability anymore. after they salvaged season 2 with a great ender, they might have been completely out of mojo. and it didnt help that the chick from the sixth sense grew into a fantastically wierd body. at least she's dead now.
Nov. 6, 2006, 5:14 a.m. CST
Wednesdays was where it started 3 years ago, and they've been jerking it around since. Finally a good move, FOX.
Nov. 6, 2006, 7:59 a.m. CST
Nov. 6, 2006, 9:04 a.m. CST
Will this series end up like "The Law Firm" when it moved to Bravo?
Nov. 6, 2006, 9:07 a.m. CST
but since Lost is off, I will watch that instead.
Nov. 6, 2006, 3:15 p.m. CST
by Allister Mighty
So one of the very few shows to cater to the loves and compulsions of lovelorn geeks everywhere (The AICN demographic) is taking it's last breath, and no one cares? The ebb and flow of nerdy fickleness. Anyhow the show looks like it's in a creative resurgence and I for one, will be there for it's swan song.
Nov. 6, 2006, 3:33 p.m. CST
by R.C. the "Wise"
Nov. 6, 2006, 3:34 p.m. CST
by El Fuego
I'll snag the first episode online, and I'll watch this week. If I'm not re-hooked, we're done.
Nov. 6, 2006, 4 p.m. CST
But is it permanently moving to Wednesday? Or just for this week. The article is ambiguous.
Nov. 6, 2006, 4:19 p.m. CST
by Allister Mighty
I read somewhere else that it's just for this one week to test the waters. I believe they'll be airing 4x02 on Wednesday followed by 4x03 on Thursday. They should keep it on Wednesday since Lost is going on haitus anyway...
Nov. 6, 2006, 5:56 p.m. CST
The OC vs One tree hill...One tree hill..is the dominent show..but if the OC wants to come in second for me to watch..oh well...now all my shows are on at ten on thursdays.. now I have 3 on wed...as long as not canceled..my tivo will get it..im patient..
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 417 total posts 80 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 165 total posts 35 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 42 total posts 34 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 62 total posts 33 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 41 total posts 32 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 59 total posts 23 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 85 total posts 17 posts
- Ron Howard will attempt to discover THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR! -- 32 total posts 17 posts