Weinstein Co. and IFC herds some New Zealand BLACK SHEEP!!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Some of the first news out of the American Film Market is the Weinstein Co. and IFC are picking up New Zealand horror flick BLACK SHEEP for North American distribution. You may remember BLACK SHEEP as the flick with Weta Workshop's designed and executed evil sheep. I've taken a peak at the flick and it is really damn bizarre, but really funny. Cheers to the Weinsteins and IFC for releasing the flick here. It's the kind of weirdo culty horror movie I'd like to see studios go after more.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 3, 2006, 9:40 a.m. CST
Nov. 3, 2006, 9:42 a.m. CST
Here's to a "reimagining" of Tommy Boy with Horatio Sanz as Tommy Callahan, Albert Finney as Tommy's dad, and Spade in the exact same role this time around
Nov. 3, 2006, 9:50 a.m. CST
blaaaargh! blaaargh! gotta love that scene...
Nov. 3, 2006, 10:22 a.m. CST
While not on the level of the early-Peter Jackson insanity that it strives for, it's a fun time at the movies. The crowd at TIFF seemed to enjoy it as well.
Nov. 3, 2006, 12:04 p.m. CST
really I mean it came out first.
Nov. 3, 2006, 12:28 p.m. CST
Nov. 3, 2006, 12:46 p.m. CST
seeing everything on the front page as invisitext? oh wait, that was worded poorly. but no, seriously, I can't see anything on the front page.
Nov. 3, 2006, 2:11 p.m. CST
via imdb: Film critic Gene Siskel said that this was the first film he walked out on in 26 years of reviewing movies. <P> Really? I can think of a lot of movies more deserved of that credit. <P> Mike: Hi there, this is Mike Donnelly. I work over here at the recreational center. To be honest with you I pretty much run the place ha, ha, ha. Is this ah Pat Gyles? Good, Good. Hey, hope everything's going great in your fine town of er Avery? Edward! Ha, ha, ha. Say, the reason I'm calling is I wanted to tell you a little bit about the candidacy of Al Donnelly. Al Donnelly's a guy with a dream. His dream is to become governor of this great state of Washington. Hell, every guy's got his dream, am I right? Between you, me and the wall here, I had a doozy myself last night. Get this: A corn-fed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a Flemish peasant woman, whips, chains, whistles yo-yo's, a circus midget. My grandmother riding by on a bicycle give me the finger, and a duck! Now, I don't know... Are you crying? Oh my lord. I am sorry honey, please don't ! Could you get your daddy on the phone. No, don't hang up please I...
Nov. 3, 2006, 3:27 p.m. CST
Sorry had to do it
Nov. 3, 2006, 3:52 p.m. CST
The movie is what it is.... cheesy horror. Shear, unadulterated cheesy over-the-fucking-top horror. With killer sheep. Too early to say "ewe".
Nov. 3, 2006, 7:05 p.m. CST
Nov. 4, 2006, 12:33 a.m. CST
Prepare to get some good Kiwi humor RAMed down your throat, as the Weinsteins FLEECE EWE of your hard earned cash. Like LAMBS to the slaughter. I'm sure it will be a great SHEARED experience in the theaters for the audiences though. OK move along now, MUTTON to see here...
Nov. 4, 2006, 3:47 a.m. CST
by Bob Cryptonight
I'll be there opening night!
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 147 total posts 17 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 40 total posts 11 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 19 total posts 11 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 78 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 17 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 398 total posts 6 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 28 total posts 6 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 343 total posts 6 posts