Weinstein Co. and IFC herds some New Zealand BLACK SHEEP!!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Some of the first news out of the American Film Market is the Weinstein Co. and IFC are picking up New Zealand horror flick BLACK SHEEP for North American distribution. You may remember BLACK SHEEP as the flick with Weta Workshop's designed and executed evil sheep. I've taken a peak at the flick and it is really damn bizarre, but really funny. Cheers to the Weinsteins and IFC for releasing the flick here. It's the kind of weirdo culty horror movie I'd like to see studios go after more.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 3, 2006, 9:40 a.m. CST
Nov. 3, 2006, 9:42 a.m. CST
Here's to a "reimagining" of Tommy Boy with Horatio Sanz as Tommy Callahan, Albert Finney as Tommy's dad, and Spade in the exact same role this time around
Nov. 3, 2006, 9:50 a.m. CST
blaaaargh! blaaargh! gotta love that scene...
Nov. 3, 2006, 10:22 a.m. CST
While not on the level of the early-Peter Jackson insanity that it strives for, it's a fun time at the movies. The crowd at TIFF seemed to enjoy it as well.
Nov. 3, 2006, 12:04 p.m. CST
really I mean it came out first.
Nov. 3, 2006, 12:28 p.m. CST
Nov. 3, 2006, 12:46 p.m. CST
seeing everything on the front page as invisitext? oh wait, that was worded poorly. but no, seriously, I can't see anything on the front page.
Nov. 3, 2006, 2:11 p.m. CST
via imdb: Film critic Gene Siskel said that this was the first film he walked out on in 26 years of reviewing movies. <P> Really? I can think of a lot of movies more deserved of that credit. <P> Mike: Hi there, this is Mike Donnelly. I work over here at the recreational center. To be honest with you I pretty much run the place ha, ha, ha. Is this ah Pat Gyles? Good, Good. Hey, hope everything's going great in your fine town of er Avery? Edward! Ha, ha, ha. Say, the reason I'm calling is I wanted to tell you a little bit about the candidacy of Al Donnelly. Al Donnelly's a guy with a dream. His dream is to become governor of this great state of Washington. Hell, every guy's got his dream, am I right? Between you, me and the wall here, I had a doozy myself last night. Get this: A corn-fed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a Flemish peasant woman, whips, chains, whistles yo-yo's, a circus midget. My grandmother riding by on a bicycle give me the finger, and a duck! Now, I don't know... Are you crying? Oh my lord. I am sorry honey, please don't ! Could you get your daddy on the phone. No, don't hang up please I...
Nov. 3, 2006, 3:27 p.m. CST
Sorry had to do it
Nov. 3, 2006, 3:52 p.m. CST
The movie is what it is.... cheesy horror. Shear, unadulterated cheesy over-the-fucking-top horror. With killer sheep. Too early to say "ewe".
Nov. 3, 2006, 7:05 p.m. CST
Nov. 4, 2006, 12:33 a.m. CST
Prepare to get some good Kiwi humor RAMed down your throat, as the Weinsteins FLEECE EWE of your hard earned cash. Like LAMBS to the slaughter. I'm sure it will be a great SHEARED experience in the theaters for the audiences though. OK move along now, MUTTON to see here...
Nov. 4, 2006, 3:47 a.m. CST
by Bob Cryptonight
I'll be there opening night!
- JAMES GANDOLFINI 1961-2013 -- 185 total posts 32 posts
- Ages And Genders!! Casting Breakdown For Seven Characters Headed For J.J. Abrams’ STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?? -- 287 total posts 26 posts
- A New KICK-ASS 2 International Poster!! -- 64 total posts 12 posts
- A Few Nice "Making Of' Pics From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 141 total posts 11 posts
- Mary Jane Watson is NOT going to be a part of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 273 total posts 11 posts
- Sweet knights of Colombus!! A new trailer for ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES has been unleashed!! -- 144 total posts 8 posts
- ‘It’s The Least Of Your Problems!!’ Hercules Has Seen Tonight’s Big HANNIBAL Finale!! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- AICN COMICS REVIEWS: WOLVERINE! THE TRUE LIVES OF THE FABULOUS KILLJOYS! SPACE 1999! LIBERATOR! & MORE! -- 59 total posts 7 posts
- Trailer for the Michael Cera Drug-Fueled Roadtrip CRYSTAL FAIRY!!! -- 54 total posts 6 posts
- Father Geek says MAN OF STEEL is pretty much the best Superhero Movie ever made and I'm not gonna argue! -- 1915 total posts 4 posts