Animation and Anime
Weird Al unleashes his new album with a Bill Plympton Video DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS SONG!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... Weird Al is unleashing his new album with the single DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS SONG with a video animated by Bill Plympton!!! That's two great tastes that I like sliding down my tongue into my belly, don't you? You should. Here is the video - and then the press release:
Get this video and more at MySpace.com
“Weird Al” Yankovic to Release “Straight Outta Lynwood” September 26 DualDisc to Feature Animation by Renowned Artists Including Bill Plympton, Jim Blashfield and John Kricfalusi September 11, 2006-- On September 26 Grammy Award-winning artist “Weird Al” Yankovic will release his 12th studio album Straight Outta Lynwood on Way Moby/Volcano Records. As with each of his previous releases, the album consists of the parodies he is world-famous for as well as original material. Straight Outta Lynwood will be released as a DualDisc, and features six brand new animations to accompany Al’s original tracks: “Don’t Download This Song”- Directed and animated by Academy Award nominee Bill Plympton, this video is a tongue-in-cheek plea for fans not to illegally download music. Sample lines: “Don’t take away money from artists just like me/How else can I afford another solid gold Humvee?/ And diamond-studded swimming pools, these things don’t grow on trees… ” “I’ll Sue Ya” - A Rage Against the Machine inspired headbanger which takes aim at the abundance of frivolous lawsuits. It is directed and animated by Thomas Lee. “Weasel Stomping Day” - Conceptualized and produced by the creative team behind Adult Swim's Robot Chicken, this video celebrates the time-honored holiday. The TV broadcast premiere is scheduled for September 24 on Cartoon Network. “Close But No Cigar” – Directed by Ren & Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi, this video takes an irreverent look at the world of dating as seen thru the eyes of Cigarettes the cat. “Pancreas” – Al’s musical homage to pop music legend Brian Wilson. The video is directed by filmmaker/media artist Jim Blashfield (best known for videos by Talking Heads (“And She Was”), Paul Simon (“Boy In The Bubble”) and Michael Jackson (“Leave Me Alone”). Like those, “Pancreas” uses a combination of live action "found footage" combined with new animation. But unlike those, it stars an undulating pancreas. “Virus Alert” - Reveals the evil that lurks in your inbox. Animated and directed by “Retarded Animal Babies” creator David C. Lovelace. “Weird Al” Yankovic has reigned for over 20 years as the best-selling musical comedy artist in history, with over 12 million albums sold, three Grammy Awards including “Best Comedy Album” for 2003’s “Poodle Hat,” 10 MTV/VH1 specials, his own feature film (UHF), a Disney Channel special, a CBS television series and countless miles logged on tour. With unparalleled acclaim for his musical satire, Al is best known for his parodies of the biggest stars in the musical universe: Eminem, Nirvana, Madonna, Michael Jackson, U2, P. Diddy, Mick Jagger and Sting are just a few of those who have been awarded the “Weird Al” treatment – and all with the full blessings from the artists themselves. For his latest release, “Straight Outta Lynwood,” Weird Al continues to reward his countless fans around the globe with yet another collection of hilariously incisive musical comedy.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 11, 2006, 6:58 p.m. CST
by georges garvaren
how ive missed TBing and Weird Al. Fucking great day, kiddies
Sept. 11, 2006, 7:12 p.m. CST
I liked him when I was 10.
Sept. 11, 2006, 7:37 p.m. CST
Sept. 11, 2006, 9:25 p.m. CST
Sept. 12, 2006, 2:31 p.m. CST
I'd always thought Al gets artist endorsement before he releases a parody. Besides, doesn't your argument apply to rap artists since most of them sample?
Sept. 12, 2006, 7:25 p.m. CST
MP3's.. blow off Al. Get back to the 60's ya hippy.
Sept. 13, 2006, 6:05 a.m. CST
by Evil Chicken
I love how the sharks, police state and record executives are dancing all over the flag. The animation is genius too. I’ll be picking up a copy ASAP. Thanks Al!
Sept. 13, 2006, 9:54 a.m. CST
by Cletus Van Damme
...so don't take the piss.
Oct. 4, 2010, 9:59 a.m. CST
You might notice a huge gap in the posts prior to the upgrade
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 442 total posts 285 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 209 total posts 168 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 165 total posts 79 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 28 total posts 28 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 62 total posts 25 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 304 total posts 22 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 47 total posts 21 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 290 total posts 20 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 193 total posts 7 posts