Live Action CASTLEVANIA Movie In The Works'
Well folks Harry here, and I don't know exactly how serious you should take this bit. An Option means that some one has bought the rights to possibly one day at a non-disclosed time to think about writing a script or developing the property into something that might be seen by the eyes of man or woman. It doesn't mean... Coming Next Summer or the summer after that or that next fall or ever. It just means that someone, somewhere is thinking about possibly doing something with the property. What are your thoughts?
I have been a long time reader, but never have anything cool to tell. I live in Houston, and well...nothing ever remotely interesting ever happens in this neck of the woods.
UNTIL----an old college friend of mine who works for a video game publication reciently interviewed several suits from an overseas game company. He went on to say that they just sold option to make a live action version of Castlevania. NOW, before you go ..WHAT! I don't know if you play games or not (you never review them) but Castlevania has been the father of creepy games. I don't know if this will be made overseas, or if this was sold to a U.S. studio, but man......I love the thought of someone finally making a movie based on these characters.
If you use this call me ......DryInHouston.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 5, 1998, 7:34 a.m. CST
by Grand Admiral
Even after all these plans for A tomb raider movie and a wing commander movie (plus that dreaded Super Mario Bros. movie a few years back), I never had a thought about a Castlevania movie! When I saw the title here, I screamed YEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved Castlevania ever sinced I played it on the original Nintendo game system. I still play the series even now thanks to Emulations!!!! With today's advancement in Speical Effects and Make Up Effects (Blade, Vampires), I KNOW IT's NOT GOING TO SUCK!!! We know the basic storyline, Simon vs Drac to save the world(or it could be trevor and his three compainons from CV3). Who do u think would play the main Whip lashing Character? PLEASE NO ANTIONO BANDARES OR JAUN CLAUD VAN DAMM!!! Still holding my breath and waiting for the release of the Castlevania game for the N64!!! I hope this movie rumor is TRUE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. If I had a choice between killing the other stupid Video Game movie projects and Castlevania, I would say, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE MS. CROFT!!!! CASTLEVANIA IS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov. 5, 1998, 9:47 a.m. CST
My favorite coinop was a game called Flicky, somehow I doubt it'd make a good movie though. :) Moviewise, I think a fine movie would be Star Control 2. (It could be a comic space opera with exploration.) Best regards, Ray
Nov. 5, 1998, 12:18 p.m. CST
why don't they just cut to the chase and make a film based on The Legend of Zelda? It would obviously be the geratest video-game based movie ever, and I'd bet it would turn out to be a great epic film on top of that, ah well.... Q3
Nov. 6, 1998, 12:52 a.m. CST
by Gag Halfrunt
Same old story. They plan to make a movie of a video game. Despite the fact that video game movies suck, have always sucked and will always suck, people get excited. People, be critical for a minute. Why make a movie based on a video game? Video games, by their very nature, have simplistic story-lines and no characterisation. It's pointless to make movies based on them, and the sole motivation is to make money. Creativity is irrelevant. Simply hatch a proven video game onto a piss-poor script, and try to get the gullible fans to go to it. Street Fighter, Super Mario, Mortal Kombat. All truly awful movies. Pray this one doesn't get made. It'll stink to high heaven.
Nov. 6, 1998, 1:28 a.m. CST
I think Castlevania would work well. Here's a list of other games i think could make some pretty cool movies with the proper scripting: Starcraft (top o' the list, man!) Quake 1 or 2 (preferably #2) Contra Doom (had it's chance but an @$$#01e producer named Moe Lospinoso desided to sit on his thumbs and now no one remembers it..sorry, venting.) Warcraft Metal Gear Parisite Eve (it's practically a mivie already, but what the hey.) X-COM (for God SAKE, will someone look into this. it's a total winner!!!) Fatal Fury (maybe) Heretic/Hexen/Hexen 2/whatever Command & Conquer Metroid Actraiser 1 or 2(CGI wings!) Ah, hell, i know there's more, but i can't remember them. BTW...someone told me the title of the new Star Wars flick is simply "The Beginning". oop, looks like the cat's out of the bag }:) but then again, it could be wrong. we'll see. Best, BV
April 29, 2010, 9:03 a.m. CST
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 297 total posts 147 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 383 total posts 102 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 280 total posts 34 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 243 total posts 23 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 586 total posts 20 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 210 total posts 20 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 203 total posts 10 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 153 total posts 7 posts