JACKIE BROWN MEGA COOL POSTER
Now, I know I showed you the Jackie Brown poster right? Well SCREW that one. That was lame. That was pitiful. What is real cool, what only Quentin would do, is this poster.
Now for those of you that don't know squat about movie posters, in a historical way, I'll tell you exactly why that rocks. THAT IS A 1970's exploitation poster. In the style of Foxy Brown, Lady Cocoa, Hell Up In Harlem. Those washed out colors, the violence, the tag lines. This is what "cool" is about. That funky feeling that only a poster can do. If you see this poster, while walking into the theater, turn back your brain clock, and imagine the crappy theater you SHOULD be seeing this one in. The curtains on the walls should be stained. The floor should be sticky (from spilled drinks!!! you filthy minded ...). The popcorn should be drenched in choelesteral DEATH, a big ORANGE soda and a goofy look on your face. I can't wait to see this one. SOMEBODY GET ME IN TO SEE IT, I'M IN HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
By the Way, there are reports of a black and white DeNiro poster that was once hanging upon a wall somewhere in San Francisco that was also for Jackie Brown. Sounds like Quentin is pulling that multiple styles of posters stuff again. GOOD! I love that.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 28, 2000, 12:55 p.m. CST
Jan. 22, 2007, 11:31 a.m. CST
July 3, 2008, 4:52 p.m. CST
Just trying to be different.
Oct. 15, 2009, 2:29 p.m. CST
Opps, Orcus went too far back into time
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 509 total posts 12 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts