A new spy, “Baltar Andfeathered,” attended this weekend’s ComicCon panel with the "Battlestar Galactica" cast and showrunner Ronald D. Moore. Here's "Baltar":
Hey Herc, first time long time.
Didn’t see anything on the “Battlestar Galactica” panel at ComicCon, so I thought I’d relay a few highlights. Sorry it’s all from memory.
- Ronald D. Moore told the crowd ten of the season-three episodes (IIRC) would tell a protracted story set aboard a base-star. This will allow the creators to further explore Cylon society.
- He said to expect a lot of nudity aboard the base-star.
- Moore confirmed one of the 12 Cylon models will indeed be put out to pasture, and it will be one we’ve already met. He said this won’t happen, though, until late in season three.
- One character (one working with Lee?) will be missing a “vital” body part.
- Baltar will remain puppet president under the Cylon occupation.
- Expect some long-anticipated hook-ups to finally manifest themselves. Laura & Bill? Lee & Kara?
- Bill & Lee’s relationship, however, will continue to deteriorate.
- It sounds like [veteran writer-producer Remi Aubuchon (“The Lyon’s Den,” “24”)] brought the “Caprica” prequel series idea to Moore, and [Aubuchon] will serve as showrunner, leaving Moore free to concentrate on “Galactica” actual.
Love the column! If you use this, call me “Baltar Andfeathered”.