Quint at Comic-Con: Preview Night Part 2! McFarlane's LOST toys, SOTA's Dr. Herbert West, Leprechaun and tons more!!!
CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW NIGHT PART 1 - GRIND HOUSE POSTERS - WETA ORIGINALS - NECA TOYS - AND MORE!!!
These toys look great. You've seen the Charlie toy, but here are the rest from the first line: John Locke, Kate (sorry she's so blurry), Jack (sorry he's so bright), Hurley (sorry he steals all the peanut butter) and Shannon (sorry she's so hot).
I believe these are from Sota Toys... Dr. Herbert West is on the way...
And the little green bugger... need to get a Rachel FRIENDS toy (if such a thing exists) and put it with the little bastard...
Darkness is coming back in another form. See the Prince in his throne:
Saw this sucker, they're calling it a Cinemaquette... They have two swaggering screen icons... both huge... at least 18". First up is Cap'n Jack.
And then Dr. Henry Jones Jr.
Sideshow has a really badass ROBOCOP movie toy... While they had Robocop himself, that's not the cool part... Look below... you have 10 seconds to comply...
RED VS. BLUE
The Red Vs. Blue guys are here again, pimping their 4th season of RVB, the awesome internet comedy showcase featuring the HALO's Master Chief. Below is Jason (Tucker), Geoff (Griff) and Kathleen (Tex) with Burnie Burns (Church) peeking over Kathleen's shoulder. They are in booth 5563. If any of you attendees reading this stop by and tell them "Quint sent me" Burnie will kiss you full on the mouth. Fact.
And that about wraps up the preview night experience. I tried to nab a Gentle Giant Ltd. Lucious Malfoy as a Deatheater Comic-Con exclusive bust, but they ran out of their lot for the day. Hopefully I'll nab one and one of the CLASH OF THE TITANS toys... that and my Neca exclusive Cannibal Island Jack Sparrow before my trip is done... Check out the Lucious and CLASH OF THE TITANS displays at Gentle Giant's booth:
Stay tuned. Tomorrow begins the Con, officially. I have a couple interviews lined up and the panels start... We have the TMNT movie panel, something from Sony animation, Pan's Labyrinth, Flyboys and some other goodies. I now have about a dozen one on one interviews confirmed for the con and tons of great geeky panels, including stuff on SPIDER-MAN 3, SNAKES ON A muthafuckin' PLANE, CHILDREN OF MEN, 300 and lots more. Keep an eye on the site squirts!!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
July 20, 2006, 2:48 a.m. CST
Could you even call these toys anymore? And FIRST!
July 20, 2006, 2:52 a.m. CST
by Darth Evil Dead
That fucking head looks like John Stewart... What the fuck is his head chopped off for? Anyways that Jack Sparrow looks real as fuck..It looks like its read to come alive and start raping red heads. IM THE LEPERCAUN !!! http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthEvilDead
July 20, 2006, 2:53 a.m. CST
I usually hate staction figures and I am puzzled by those who love them such as Quint. However, these are some awesome staction figures, that make the LOST fan in me all sorts of happy. Yes I would have prefered 20 POA, but these are all very nice except for Maggie Grace. Fuck you MacFarlane. You put out a pointless T&A figure over SAWYER? SAWYER? EVEN EKO? Wow. Thanks alot.
July 20, 2006, 2:54 a.m. CST
A Full size Ana-doll from Lost.. Michelle Rodriguez.. And some privacy..
July 20, 2006, 2:56 a.m. CST
Go. McFarlane toys.
July 20, 2006, 2:59 a.m. CST
The Jack Sparrow thing was HUGE. Very detailed. But, that Gentle Giant Clash of the Titan toy must be mine (for the obvious reasons).
July 20, 2006, 3:17 a.m. CST
July 20, 2006, 3:46 a.m. CST
It's all about the Spider-Man 3 panel. Can't wait to see what is unveiled, hear what is said. Spider-Man 3 - the best film of 2007?
July 20, 2006, 3:57 a.m. CST
Yes, the figure does look as if it was thrown with considerable force, indeed.
July 20, 2006, 4:28 a.m. CST
... It's "20" seconds to comply. Would have thought a geek such as yourself would have known that....
July 20, 2006, 5:03 a.m. CST
When I saw the Locke-Figure, I thought for a moment, it was a picture of the real Terry O'Quinn!
July 20, 2006, 5:29 a.m. CST
by L. Duderino
July 20, 2006, 5:57 a.m. CST
I don't remember her being captured in a bamboo prison before now... is this a sneak peak at what befalls her in season 3?
July 20, 2006, 6:09 a.m. CST
by Monkey Butler
From the end of the pilot. She's hiding from Cerberus.
July 20, 2006, 7:33 a.m. CST
it's a scene from the pilot. after the pilot is attached at the front section's wreckage and they all get separated she hides in bamboo and counts to ten.
July 20, 2006, 7:59 a.m. CST
4th season and still no one cares. It is rather hard to get canceled on the internet.
July 20, 2006, 8:34 a.m. CST
i need to know more about the transformers stuff damnit!
July 20, 2006, 8:39 a.m. CST
by John Maddening
Well, he needs the money. He's lost suits to Neil Gaiman and Tony Twist lately. He makes nice stuff, too bad he's an asshole.
July 20, 2006, 9:29 a.m. CST
I thought that Kate was hiding behind a tree not in some bamboo cage. Could be a spoiler. But I can't see the LOST guys being so careless. And cool figures but I want some ACTION figures!
July 20, 2006, 9:31 a.m. CST
Check out our blog about our first day at comic-con http://www.movietack.net/id926.html
July 20, 2006, 9:35 a.m. CST
July 20, 2006, 10:42 a.m. CST
July 21, 2006, 2:34 a.m. CST
That shit is nuts, if you didn't tell me I'd swear that second pic of Depp as Sparrow was a real picture of Johnny Depp.
July 21, 2006, 9:53 a.m. CST
Those "Lost" maquettes are pretty neato. I think the Charlie and Locke ones are the coolest, personally.
July 21, 2006, 12:02 p.m. CST
SBF, they come out in November, according to the www.spawn.com website. And Ribbons, you're right -- these are more maquettes than action figures. All of Todd's stuff is. But it looks great.
July 21, 2006, 1:45 p.m. CST
by R.C. the "Wise"
Though I'm afraid what my girlfriend would do with it... Oh and the LOST/McFarlenes kick ass as well.
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 231 total posts 75 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 57 total posts 15 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 45 total posts 8 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 276 total posts 6 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Just How Conjoined Is Sarah Paulson In AHS FREAK SHOW?? See For Yourself!! -- 72 total posts 4 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 89 total posts 3 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 188 total posts 2 posts