Jack Bauer Says "I TRUST YOU TO KILL ME!"
Merrick can’t sing…
Here’s Reni with a look at the new rockumentary I TRUST YOU TO KILL ME, about life on the road with Rocco Deluca & The Burden.
What makes this interesting is that Kiefer Sutherland has been backing the group quite a bit, and (at least in this project) acts as the band’s road manager/promoter. As well as tracking the musicians themselves, this film documents Kiefer’s “real life” efforts towards taking care of the band, getting them publicity, and coaxing people to come to their shows.
Sounds like fun stuff.
'I Trust You To Kill Me' is really two documentaries for the price one; as Kiefer Sutherland takes his indie band, Rocco Deluca & The Burden, on it's first international tour.
As rockumentaries go,'Kill Me' is a fun and personal look into the lives of a rock band and their unqualified road manager as they try to get their music heard.
It's easy to be cynical - would the band really get all this attention without Sutherland? Hard to say. Deluca, a supporting player for John Lee Hooker and Johnny Cash, reminded me of Jeff Buckley and there's no denying his talent. As the film progresses you begin to understand Sutherland's obsessive zeal for the band. And even though musically it's not my bag, the band does show genune commercial promise.
The real joy however is watching Sutherland, behind the scenes, reveal a genuinely humble side. When he isn't lugging equipment, he's calling up radio stations offering interviews in exchange for publicity. When he discovers they've only sold 2 tickets for the Dublin Show, he's on the streets drumming up business and handing out flyers. (Pretty hysterical considering people don't believe it's him - "Sorry, he called you Kiefer Sutherland" - "I am" - "You're joking?")
Sutherland is totally without ego; which is terrific. (His assault on a 12 ft Christmas tree inside a hotel reception is priceless.)
There isn't much depth to I Trust You To Kill Me, it's not the Maysles Brothers. The band are likeable, even Deluca seems pretty reasonable. But the quieter moments focus on Sutherland; painfully honest, lonely almost. This isn't some vanity project, this is something he genuinely cares about.
Essential viewing for 24 fans. The band aren't bad either.
See you round the clubs,
I TRUST YOU TO KILL ME doesn’t have a release date yet, at least not that I can determine.
Music samples from the group can be found via performance videos HERE.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 9, 2006, 8:33 a.m. CST
Inquiring minds and all that...
May 9, 2006, 8:36 a.m. CST
is there a date that this is going to be released?
May 9, 2006, 8:36 a.m. CST
by I Dunno
hear this band. DAMMIT, don't make him do this.
May 9, 2006, 8:41 a.m. CST
I didn't know it was filmed. Priceless. He was pretty drunk apparently. Jack Bauer loves the sauce!
May 9, 2006, 8:44 a.m. CST
May 9, 2006, 8:46 a.m. CST
Please, do NOT remake The Lost Boys. By the way, Donald Sutherland is The Man.
May 9, 2006, 8:48 a.m. CST
by I Dunno
He only started drinking to get in with the Salazars. The Christmas tree incident was all part of the cover. Really though, if you had a hit show and made tons of money, who among you would say that you too wouldn't get shitfaced and attack Christmas trees in hotels?
I saw this on uk tv the other day.
May 9, 2006, 9:01 a.m. CST
And was brilliant.
May 9, 2006, 9:22 a.m. CST
I swear, unless Kiefer never stops acting, he comes across as one of the nicest people you could meet. Some people might regard his pissed up antics as immature considering he's pushing 40, but damn, I haven't laughed so hard at that scene, when the director states, 'Kiefer, you are a pirate', to which Kiefer responds with, 'Well that would explain a lot', before crashing into this giant Christmas Tree. Funny to see the docu hit on a couple of venues I'd been to on my travels through Europe and it had a really interesting style in the way it was put together. Some people might just dismiss it as fluff, but it's certainly entertaining. And the last shot is pretty damn amusing. Kiefer now ranks along Jack Nicholson as the two stars I'd like to get wrecked with. And that's a huge recommendation to me.
May 9, 2006, 9:40 a.m. CST
is where he keeps his booze!
May 9, 2006, 9:56 a.m. CST
I'll watch it for sure...
May 9, 2006, 10 a.m. CST
I thought this was a huge 24 Spoiler. Dont scare me like that.
May 9, 2006, 10:28 a.m. CST
by Orange Crush
I heard this band on an NPR podcast a couple of weeks ago. Sampled the songs online, went to buy it. Oddly enough, the only copy I could find, after going to my locally owned shop, was at Best Buy for $9.99(sweet!) The disk was well worth the effort.
May 9, 2006, 11:06 a.m. CST
by Barney Hood
Mr Sutherland is a very engaging individual, but 2 hours of a developing band gigging round Europe? Nah, it got very slow very fast. Keifer seemed to be having fun though, but 45 minutes to an hour would have been plenty.
May 9, 2006, 11:31 a.m. CST
Kiefer Sutherland seems a genuinely nice guy to me. Count me in to see this one.
May 9, 2006, 12:59 p.m. CST
by Darth Bauer
Cuz if she does I won't see it.
May 9, 2006, 1:20 p.m. CST
by Darth Bauer
May 9, 2006, 1:53 p.m. CST
i wanna see this.
May 9, 2006, 2:23 p.m. CST
He'll always be a vampire with a mullet to me.
May 9, 2006, 4:08 p.m. CST
Over here in the merry old Island that is the republic of Ireland, We get a satelitte channell called SKY 1. This programme was on the digital network last night. What I saw of it was just Sutherland wondering roynd the streets of Dublin plugging his band, and the guys playing in a music venue called Whealens. Guess you guys in the States are gonna have to wait a while to see this one!
May 9, 2006, 4:44 p.m. CST
Cool, man. Cool.
May 9, 2006, 5:04 p.m. CST
May 10, 2006, 8:34 p.m. CST
yeah kiefer looks like a sound bloke.. one of the lads, and a nice fella. his dedication to the band was so great he got a tatoo done with their name. just goes to show you the spin the tabloids have http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/tm_objectid=16536094&method=full&siteid=62484-name_page.html //pity they dumped him as a manager!
May 12, 2006, 10:12 a.m. CST
I have no idea. But someone point Kiefer to My Morning Jacket. There's his gravitas fix.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 87 total posts 83 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 425 total posts 12 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 725 total posts 11 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 31 total posts 6 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 54 total posts 4 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 570 total posts 3 posts