Cheap NOEXP!! COLUMBO 4.X!! Herc's SuperExciting Season-Box DVD Vault!!
Five reasons to buy this box:
1. Lt. Columbo is one of the greatest television characters ever concocted, right up there with Mr. Spock, Kwai-Chang Caine, Barney Fife, Basil Fawlty, David Addison, Ed Grimly, Dale Cooper, Bart Simpson and Eric Cartman.
2. Every episode is glorious class warfare. Some rich bastard will engineer an elaborate and ingenious murder. Swarthy little working-class Columbo – driving his beat-to-shit foreign convertible and pulling down an LAPD salary of $11,000 a year – will then wander onto the scene and proceed to slowly and methodically destroy some amoral, snobby, arrogant, self-serving, stick-up-the-ass scumwad’s life.
3. You’ll never have any difficulty guessing who did it. Columbo typically doesn’t saunter into an episode until it’s already about a quarter over. The first 25 minutes or so star the guest-villain as he or she dispatches a fellow human being for selfish gain. We see everything. So the fun is not figuring out the culprit, but watching Columbo figure it out. He’s such an incredible student of human nature, he’s always got half the thing figured out within five minutes of appearing on screen.
4. Look at the guest stars! Season four includes Patrick McGoohan (who won a Emmy for his performance, Robert Conrad, Dick Van Dyke, Dean Stockwell, Patrick Macnee, Bernard Fox, Gena Rowlands, a twentysomething Leslie Ann Warren, Bruce Kirby and Bruce Kirby Jr. (both Kirbys in the same episode!) and a pre-“Rockford Files” Gretchen Corbett, who cavorts in a bikini.
5. Columbo is funnier than Sherlock Holmes, Nick & Nora Charles and Charlie Chan combined.
Herc’s Popular Pricing Pantry
The best pricing news of the week has to be Universal's announcement of Northern Exposure: The Complete First and Second Seasons, which is available for pre-order at $41.99. The two seasons have long been available separately, and if you buy both of those sets separately it will set you back a total of $86.98.
So the new deal gives you all the early Fleishman-O'Connell action at less than half the price!
Andromeda 5.x Vol. 4
Baby Looney Tunes Vol. 1
Baby Looney Tunes Vol. 2
Brady Bunch 5.x
The Cosby Show 2.x
The Electric Company: Best Of The Best
The Flintstones 5.x
Go Go Gophers: Best Of
Hogan's Heroes 3.x
Lily The Witch Vol. 1
Lily the Witch Vol. 2
Nick Cannon Presents: Wild N Out
Police Woman 1.x
Scooby-Doo and Dynomutt: The Complete Series
Tennessee Tuxedo: Best Of
Three's Company 6.x
Walking Tall: The Complete Series
All Dogs Go To Heaven Vol. 1
All Dogs Go To Heaven Vol. 2
Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers
Grosse Pointe: The Complete Series
I Dream of Jeannie 1.x
MacGyver Five-Season Pack
Murder, She Wrote 3.x
Naked City Set 3
A Perfect Spy: The Complete Miniseries
She Spies 1.x
The Simple Life 3.x
Sleeper Cell 1.x
Speed Racer Vol. 4
Zoey 101: Spring Break-Up
Batman Beyond 1.x
Ed, Edd N Eddy Vol. 2
The Flying Nun 1.x
Gidget: The Complete Series
Justice League 1.x
Mind of Mencia Uncensored 1.x
Over There 1.x
South Park 7.x
Tales From The Crypt 3.x
21 Jump Street 5.x
Unsolved Mysteries: Best Of
Unsolved Mysteries: Ultimate Collection
The White Shadow 2.x
The Young Riders: The Complete Series
American Muscle Car 1.x
Andy Milonakis Show 1.x
Astro Boy: Ultra Collector's Edition
Avatar: The Last Airbender: Book 1, Vol. 2
Danger Mouse 5.x/6.x
Dark Shadows Vol. 23
DeGrassi: The Next Generation 3.x
Doctor Who: The Beginning
Dog the Bounty Hunter: Best of 2.x
Friends: The One With All The Babies
Friends: The One With All The Birthdays
Friends: The One With All The Weddings
Godzilla: Monster Mayhem
Godzilla: Mutant Madness
Highway to Heaven 3.x
The Invisible Man 1.x
Knots Landing 1.x
Little House on the Prarie (2004 Miniseries)
Masters of Horror: Cigarette Burns
Masters of Horror: Dreams of the Witch House
Merv Griffin Show: 40 Most Interesting People
Modern Marvels: Extreme Gadgets
Modern Marvels: The FBI's Crime Lab
Modern Marvels: Great Inventions
Modern Marvels: Walt Disney World
Monty Python's Personal Best
Northern Exposure 4.x
Not the 9 O'Clock News: Best Of
Planet of the Apes: Ultimate Collection
Quantum Leap 4.x
Return to the Planet of the Apes
Robot Chicken Vol. 1
Six Feet Under 5.x
Super Mario Bros.: Super Show
Tales of the Unexpected Set 4
The Triangle: The Complete Miniseries
Wonder Showzen 1.x
X-Files 4.x ($34.99 Slimcase Edition)
X-Files 5.x ($34.99 Slimcase Edition)
X-Files 6.x ($34.99 Slimcase Edition)
The A-Team 4.x
Dawson's Creek 6.x
Full House 3.x
Garbage Pail Kids: The Complete Series
Knight Rider 4.x
The Little Prince: The Perfect Planet
The Little Prince: The Star Gazer
Magnum P.I. 4.x
Star Trek: Time Travel
3rd Rock From The Sun: Best Of
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4.x
Tripping the Rift 2.x
The Bob Newhart Show 3.x
Farscape 3.x Vol. 3
In Living Color 5.x
Merv Griffin: 40 Most Interesting
Doogie Howser, MD 4.x
Michael Palin: Sahara
Remington Steele 3.x
The Sentinel 1.x
Thundercats 2.x Vol. 1
American Dad Vol. 1
The Avengers '62
Jacques Cousteau: River Explorations
Inspector Gadget: The Original Series
The Last Detective 1.x
Law & Order: Trial By Jury
The Mike Hammer Movies
Odyssey 5: The Complete Series
The Rifleman Vol. 5
Tommy Lee Goes To College
A Touch of Frost 9.x/10.x
The Waltons 3.x
Wild Kingdom: Australia's Awesome Animals
Wild Kingdom: Mammals of North America
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 14, 2006, 1 a.m. CST
March 14, 2006, 4:37 a.m. CST
No love for the Brenster in the greatest TV characters of all time? Oh, and bring that McGyver shit ON!!! "Don't thank me, thank the moons gravitational pull".
March 14, 2006, 5:29 a.m. CST
sweet jesus, isn't that minimum wage now?
March 14, 2006, 7:30 a.m. CST
March 14, 2006, 8:03 a.m. CST
What's taking them so long, I mean, even 'Saved by the Bell' has a DVD release....
March 14, 2006, 8:18 a.m. CST
by Lou Stools
Start dropping the prices on the rest of the Next Gen sets so I can score all my favorite seasons (3, 4 & 5)! Anyone know if this is in the works?
March 14, 2006, 8:44 a.m. CST
But man, I loved me some Stacy Haiduk! ........................ I also have to admit, that on the Saturday nights I found myself home, (and thus no prospect of potential temporary companionship) after SNL I'd spend an hour with the girls of She Spies.
March 14, 2006, 9:09 a.m. CST
since the first season, which was selling for around $40, contains only 6 or 8 episodes. However, I think I might wait for the (possible) full-series set.
March 14, 2006, 9:13 a.m. CST
Last week was all about how it was not available but I bought one and there were several in the store. I'm also able to find it online. Was it recalled like First Contact? Is there another version to be released later?
March 14, 2006, 10:32 a.m. CST
by Osmosis Jones
Fuck any other small screen version of Supes, *this* is the real deal (and Dana Delaney's Lois Lane is five times sexier than Teri Hatcher).
March 14, 2006, 12:04 p.m. CST
Come on, it wasn't that bad.
March 14, 2006, 1:04 p.m. CST
seriously...i'm getting impatient
March 14, 2006, 2:08 p.m. CST
oh. you mean the cartoon.
March 14, 2006, 2:19 p.m. CST
His website has posted: "After a long illness, Andreas Katsulas died on Monday, February 13th, 2006." Was this on Ain't It Cool? How did I miss it? I just found out through an AFTRA email and I couldn't believe it. I have watched him for so many years on so many shows. It is so sad. It seems like we keep losing so many great people lately.
March 14, 2006, 3:36 p.m. CST
Does anyone know if there are plans to bring that series to dvd? In season set format. I loved that show.
March 14, 2006, 3:40 p.m. CST
So when can we count on Herc to post another SWEET pic of Mary herself ?
March 14, 2006, 4:11 p.m. CST
Just saying, I want to see if it was as bad as I remember, with Adam West and Burt Ward doing the voiceovers. Campy like the live-action Batman tv show, but I'm sure it sorta sucked, and had that rotten Bat-Mite. Same rotoscoped guy doing the flip in the air that they used in Tarzan (go Nikima!) and Flash Gordon. Sort of sad, but I'll stick to my old 1970s Saturday morning line up -- advertised in comic books and premiered with a Friday night party each new season -- and unedited Johnny Quest. Am I old? You bet, but at least I grew up before your faggy He Man and gay-ass Transformer era.
March 14, 2006, 5:15 p.m. CST
get yr sh!t together SciFi!!!!
March 14, 2006, 5:26 p.m. CST
But so am I. I think the animated Batman version you're talking about was early 80's. I remember because I watched it too, even though I thought I was too old for Saturday Morning cartoons. How about the filmation DC heroes cartoons from late 60's -- where it seemed like half the voice were done by Ted Knight ? Aquaman throwing waterballs ? Clark Kent's wimpy voice " This looks like a job ... ( insert Superman-ly voice ) ... for SUPERMAN ! " Good times.
March 15, 2006, 2:23 a.m. CST
by Led Gopher
March 15, 2006, 2:24 a.m. CST
by Led Gopher
Damn it, I wasn't finished. Anyways, her father was my gym teacher in high school. Wyoming Park, in Wyoming, Michigan. True story.
- It is officially official as Marvel has confirmed that Paul Rudd will be the star of ANT-MAN! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- Nordling's Top 10 Movies For 2013! -- 6 total posts 5 posts
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's leaving no loose ends in this SABOTAGE poster! -- 61 total posts 4 posts
- Eli Roth's cannibal film, THE GREEN INFERNO gets a release date! -- 35 total posts 3 posts
- THE EXPENDABLES 3 Teaser Evokes...BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI!?!? -- 178 total posts 3 posts
- Updated with second teaser!! Teaser Trailer for TRANSCENDENCE Has Arrived! -- 100 total posts 3 posts
- Paul Rudd is Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN!!!! -- 307 total posts 2 posts
- This First Teaser For DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Ain't Monkeying Around!! -- 228 total posts 1 post
- Learn When Bryan Fuller’s HANNIBAL Returns To NBC!! -- 24 total posts 1 post
- AICN Tabletop! BREAKING NEWS About D&D Next! Earthdawn! HeroQuest! Kickstarters! And More! -- 9 total posts 1 post