Location for North Carolina Shoot for THE GREEN MILE
Here's just a tidbit that came from Boone, NC. They mention here that Hanks is confirmed not to be playing "old" Edgecombe. Tis a shame, I understand that the make-up tests that Rick Baker did were amazing. Perhaps we'll see those on a DVD extras section. So now the question becomes "Who is playing the older Paul Edgecombe?" So.... do you know? Let us in on the secret...
A part of your beloved "The Green Mile" will be filmed close by at the Moses H. Cone manor. The manor will be the setting for a retirement center in the movie. Shooting starts in November.
Tom Hanks will not be the old man reflecting on his life at the retirement center. The article says, "attempts to make the actor [Hanks] look old enough resulted only in an appearance of Hanks made up to look older." The article doesn't mention who will play the old man.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 29, 1998, 9:35 a.m. CST
I hope they go the "League Of Their Own"/"First Wives Club" route of hiring the best older lookalike, then dubbing in Hanks's voice. Once you're an adult, your voice doesn't change much, so the old man better sound exactly like 40-year-old Tom. David Brinkley sounds exactly the same today as he did in the fifties. By all rights, we should have heard Matt Damon's voice coming out of the old man in "Private Ryan", but that's one case when I think it would've been too distracting. Getting across the emotions were more important.
Sept. 29, 1998, 10:29 a.m. CST
I thought it would have been Greensboro, not Boone.. since the Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital is in Greensboro.. oh well. Just a thought
Sept. 29, 1998, 9:31 p.m. CST
Cool, I used to go to school in Boone. We used to hang out at a park near the Moses H. Cone center on weekends, its right off of one of the most scenic stretches of the Blue Ridge parkway. I'll have to drive up there in Novemeber and see if I can't spot some shooting...
Oct. 1, 1998, 10:01 a.m. CST
space Uhm, well, ah, 121 is not that far off. Read and learn.
Oct. 2, 1998, 5:57 a.m. CST
by Willy Red
I personally think Gene Hackman would be perfect in the role.
Oct. 21, 1998, 3:14 p.m. CST
My father-in-law Is providing about 6 of the old cars for the movie. They are filming in the Chapel Hill area near Nashville right now. He (in-law) will be playing the part of one of the Deputy Sherrifs. He has a speaking part too. When they are chasing the character Coffey, He yells "there he goes!" It not much, But hey, it got me Mr. Hanks Autograph! 8^)
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 118 total posts 69 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 227 total posts 67 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 196 total posts 37 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 80 total posts 35 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 145 total posts 26 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 56 total posts 26 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 510 total posts 14 posts
- AICN COMICS - OPINIONS ARE LIKE @$$HOLES: Optimous Douche dissects DC’s New 52 so far! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz! -- 64 total posts 9 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 157 total posts 9 posts