Location for North Carolina Shoot for THE GREEN MILE
Here's just a tidbit that came from Boone, NC. They mention here that Hanks is confirmed not to be playing "old" Edgecombe. Tis a shame, I understand that the make-up tests that Rick Baker did were amazing. Perhaps we'll see those on a DVD extras section. So now the question becomes "Who is playing the older Paul Edgecombe?" So.... do you know? Let us in on the secret...
A part of your beloved "The Green Mile" will be filmed close by at the Moses H. Cone manor. The manor will be the setting for a retirement center in the movie. Shooting starts in November.
Tom Hanks will not be the old man reflecting on his life at the retirement center. The article says, "attempts to make the actor [Hanks] look old enough resulted only in an appearance of Hanks made up to look older." The article doesn't mention who will play the old man.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 29, 1998, 9:35 a.m. CST
I hope they go the "League Of Their Own"/"First Wives Club" route of hiring the best older lookalike, then dubbing in Hanks's voice. Once you're an adult, your voice doesn't change much, so the old man better sound exactly like 40-year-old Tom. David Brinkley sounds exactly the same today as he did in the fifties. By all rights, we should have heard Matt Damon's voice coming out of the old man in "Private Ryan", but that's one case when I think it would've been too distracting. Getting across the emotions were more important.
Sept. 29, 1998, 10:29 a.m. CST
I thought it would have been Greensboro, not Boone.. since the Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital is in Greensboro.. oh well. Just a thought
Sept. 29, 1998, 9:31 p.m. CST
Cool, I used to go to school in Boone. We used to hang out at a park near the Moses H. Cone center on weekends, its right off of one of the most scenic stretches of the Blue Ridge parkway. I'll have to drive up there in Novemeber and see if I can't spot some shooting...
Oct. 1, 1998, 10:01 a.m. CST
space Uhm, well, ah, 121 is not that far off. Read and learn.
Oct. 2, 1998, 5:57 a.m. CST
by Willy Red
I personally think Gene Hackman would be perfect in the role.
Oct. 21, 1998, 3:14 p.m. CST
My father-in-law Is providing about 6 of the old cars for the movie. They are filming in the Chapel Hill area near Nashville right now. He (in-law) will be playing the part of one of the Deputy Sherrifs. He has a speaking part too. When they are chasing the character Coffey, He yells "there he goes!" It not much, But hey, it got me Mr. Hanks Autograph! 8^)
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 66 total posts 30 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 272 total posts 27 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 119 total posts 20 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 135 total posts 12 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 38 total posts 9 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 364 total posts 8 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 169 total posts 8 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 22 total posts 6 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 144 total posts 6 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 42 total posts 4 posts