Location for North Carolina Shoot for THE GREEN MILE
Here's just a tidbit that came from Boone, NC. They mention here that Hanks is confirmed not to be playing "old" Edgecombe. Tis a shame, I understand that the make-up tests that Rick Baker did were amazing. Perhaps we'll see those on a DVD extras section. So now the question becomes "Who is playing the older Paul Edgecombe?" So.... do you know? Let us in on the secret...
A part of your beloved "The Green Mile" will be filmed close by at the Moses H. Cone manor. The manor will be the setting for a retirement center in the movie. Shooting starts in November.
Tom Hanks will not be the old man reflecting on his life at the retirement center. The article says, "attempts to make the actor [Hanks] look old enough resulted only in an appearance of Hanks made up to look older." The article doesn't mention who will play the old man.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Sept. 29, 1998, 9:35 a.m. CST
I hope they go the "League Of Their Own"/"First Wives Club" route of hiring the best older lookalike, then dubbing in Hanks's voice. Once you're an adult, your voice doesn't change much, so the old man better sound exactly like 40-year-old Tom. David Brinkley sounds exactly the same today as he did in the fifties. By all rights, we should have heard Matt Damon's voice coming out of the old man in "Private Ryan", but that's one case when I think it would've been too distracting. Getting across the emotions were more important.
Sept. 29, 1998, 10:29 a.m. CST
I thought it would have been Greensboro, not Boone.. since the Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital is in Greensboro.. oh well. Just a thought
Sept. 29, 1998, 9:31 p.m. CST
Cool, I used to go to school in Boone. We used to hang out at a park near the Moses H. Cone center on weekends, its right off of one of the most scenic stretches of the Blue Ridge parkway. I'll have to drive up there in Novemeber and see if I can't spot some shooting...
Oct. 1, 1998, 10:01 a.m. CST
space Uhm, well, ah, 121 is not that far off. Read and learn.
Oct. 2, 1998, 5:57 a.m. CST
by Willy Red
I personally think Gene Hackman would be perfect in the role.
Oct. 21, 1998, 3:14 p.m. CST
My father-in-law Is providing about 6 of the old cars for the movie. They are filming in the Chapel Hill area near Nashville right now. He (in-law) will be playing the part of one of the Deputy Sherrifs. He has a speaking part too. When they are chasing the character Coffey, He yells "there he goes!" It not much, But hey, it got me Mr. Hanks Autograph! 8^)
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 174 total posts 122 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 174 total posts 67 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 92 total posts 39 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 88 total posts 36 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 45 total posts 23 posts
- Character posters for Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, and more of the resistance from HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY! -- 74 total posts 21 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 356 total posts 20 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 70 total posts 17 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 71 total posts 12 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 249 total posts 12 posts