Do you own love bug? Do you want to turn it into Herbie? This contest's for you!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a nifty little contest for a select few of you out there. AICN was given some large magnetic 53s as a giveaway to promote that Lindsay Lohan HERBIE movie coming to DVD. Honestly, I never saw the movie. I probably won't see the movie, but I think this is a sweet giveaway.
The first 7 people to email email@example.com with the subject line 53 and a picture of themselves standing next to their VW Bug gets a giant 53 magnet to turn their rides from ordinary to Herbie. This is as close to AICN's Pimp Your Ride as you're gonna get. In order to make sure we get entries from real people with real Bugs I'm gonna need to you to be flipping off the camera with one hand and giving the peace sign with the other. That way we won't get people who are Bug-less just finding random pictures online. Also, be sure to include your mailing address. Keep in mind we may be posting the winners on this very website, so you shy ones have a choice to make.
Try to keep the pics unders 100k. We'll update this story when we get all our winners.
I'm gonna add on a little fine print since the last contest I ran got a little messy with one of the losers getting pissed off and trying to sue the poor dude who donated his Disney art to us for the contest. The rules to this contest can be changed at any time and the winners are up to my sole discretion. By entering the contest you agree to that. That wasn't too hard, was it?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 15, 2005, 7:21 p.m. CST
Nov. 15, 2005, 7:23 p.m. CST
I loved Herbie as a kid, and wanted a Volkswagon Bug that was painted just like Herbie so bad I could hardly stand it. Not so much anymore.
Nov. 15, 2005, 7:26 p.m. CST
..did you get any, like, in theater displays of brother bear to give away? or maybe some home on the range window clings? perhaps some cups? freee-ow, this is a poo-poo contest.
Nov. 15, 2005, 7:40 p.m. CST
by Citizen Arcane
I can't recall any contest winners on this site that actually followed the rules. It's considered bad taste. Oh and if any guys win this, you might have to rearrange your rainbow and pink triangle magnets to compensate. I keed, I keed.
Nov. 15, 2005, 7:46 p.m. CST
by Serious Black
Not that she has anything, but if she did. btw, anyone else see that Lohan vs. Lo-Pan thing? Comedy gold.
Nov. 15, 2005, 7:53 p.m. CST
ever notice how everybody that owns a fucking bug puts some lame ass personlized liscence plate like "ldybug". stupid, stupid cars.
Nov. 15, 2005, 7:56 p.m. CST
by Sizable Newt
I saw one the other day that had BUGMAN as the personalized plate.
Nov. 15, 2005, 8:05 p.m. CST
by Josh Town
Why the fuck would you want to put a 53 on the side of your car. As if the vehicle isn't stupid enough already.
Nov. 15, 2005, 9:07 p.m. CST
by Gungan Slayer
Nov. 15, 2005, 9:16 p.m. CST
I never got the game, and it's been almost a year. You keep saying you will send it, but I have a feeling you keep forgetting.
Nov. 15, 2005, 9:40 p.m. CST
Since Big Red is apparently busy today, could you please post about the TIDELAND trailer? I'm sure the Gilliam geeks would appreciate it, thanks: http://www.tidelandthemovie.com/
Nov. 15, 2005, 10:22 p.m. CST
no sir...i dont like it.
Nov. 15, 2005, 10:52 p.m. CST
Is really kinda fun, kinda cute, finally kinda reaching out to the VW bug geeks, eh guys? Seriously, I like this contest, though I'd never want a herbie, lol
Nov. 15, 2005, 10:55 p.m. CST
by Citizen Arcane
Ok, I don't actually have a DeLorean. But if I win the contest, I can go back in time to about 1982 and get one cheap before they stop producing them. Then I can go forward and win the contest. Wait.
Nov. 15, 2005, 11:01 p.m. CST
by Citizen Arcane
It can give you 3 more inches! I keed, I keed.
Nov. 15, 2005, 11:31 p.m. CST
I posted a pic. I own a bug dammit and I even bitch about those gay ass personlized plates at least 9 out of ten new bugs I see are personolized.
Nov. 16, 2005, 1:02 a.m. CST
There's a guy on my street that has turned his van into the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo.
Nov. 16, 2005, 1:18 a.m. CST
by Josh Town
How has nobody posted this trailer yet? You're giving away shit for a gay movie that came out like 6 fucking months ago, that nobody cared about, especially after they digitally erased Lindsey Lohans tits, which they didn't need to do, because holy fucking hell, it looks like she did it herself (that skinny idiot), when you could be giving useful information out to people who don't know they've released a really good fucking trailer for Tideland, with one of the most underrated, underused actors of our time.....Jeff-the dude-"my penis is funny" Bridges.
Nov. 16, 2005, 6:35 a.m. CST
by Citizen Arcane
The aforementioned DeLorean from Back to the Future, K.I.T.T. and if the technology ever exists, a semi cab that transforms into a robot. End of list.
Nov. 16, 2005, 9:56 a.m. CST
The tideland trailer and 3 clips on the official web site are sweet.
Nov. 17, 2005, 12:11 a.m. CST
by Negative Man
Rather run down to get free Weenie-tot samples down at the local Albertson's... No offense Quint, but it just sounds like you're cleaning out your schwag closet and thought "I wonder how many monkeys will dance for this rotten banana..."
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 373 total posts 363 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 169 total posts 63 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 63 total posts 47 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 266 total posts 44 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 65 total posts 39 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 87 total posts 35 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 87 total posts 28 posts
- Prestige Worldwide will reunite as Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, and Adam McKay will re-team on BORDER GUARDS! -- 42 total posts 20 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 120 total posts 17 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 17 total posts 17 posts