Quint needs your help for AICN's Annual Holiday Shopping Guide!!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Those constant readers out there might recognize the call I'm about to put out. For the last 3 years I have run a Holiday Shopping Guide story filled to the brim with suggestions on cool stuff (ranging from cheap to for the super rich only) for the geek in your household. I aim to have that story posted by Thanksgiving and it's usually a huge mama jama.
So, this is a group effort. If you have a suggestion on what should be included... anything from toys to posters to DVDs to video games to books to collectables... anything really sweet and of geek interest, really. Well, if you have an idea please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with Holiday Shopping Guide in the subject line. I have a lot of stuff in mind already, but the feedback from you guys is extremely important to the article and always the source of great inspiration for me when writing it.
If you've got a cool product you think the geeks will dig, you can also email me at email@example.com to give me a heads up on it.
Just like last year, I'm looking to set up giveaways with the article. Sideshow/Weta gave away a great LOTR statue last year in the Holiday Shopping Article and I hope to arrange something similar this year.
So, have at it! Get your brains fired up and your fingers tapping away at that keyboard! I need your suggestions!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 3, 2005, 6 a.m. CST
by Drunken Rage
I bought two!
Nov. 3, 2005, 6:45 a.m. CST
they're always useful
Nov. 3, 2005, 6:50 a.m. CST
Nov. 3, 2005, 7:45 a.m. CST
Personally, the Dino, he like a the bit of a the Wensleydale from a time to a time, no?
Nov. 3, 2005, 7:58 a.m. CST
I refuse to buy Lucas's current products. I want my STAR WARS old-school. Anything else just won't do. In the meantime, how about that super-sized collection of CALVIN & HOBBES cartoons? Any Talkbacker here too young to remember these strips in syndication really ought to do themselves a favor and check it out -- Calvin was a prototype modern geek, celebrating the goofy edges of life in all their genre-tinged glory. Spaceman Spiff rules!! ;)
Nov. 3, 2005, 8:10 a.m. CST
by cyanide christ
Great gift idea. Also, Batman:the Animated series, volume 4. Oh!Oh! And Fright Packs!! All the fucking Fight Packs!! And movie passes, no one likes paying those prices anymore. And penis enhancers for Jesus...he wants to be hung.
Nov. 3, 2005, 8:21 a.m. CST
Brom's Soulforge statue is a really nice piece if you happen to collect slightly disturbing and beautiful statues. Which I do.
Nov. 3, 2005, 8:53 a.m. CST
Those always make great gifts. Stack up enough of them and your wobbly table wobbles no more.
Nov. 3, 2005, 9 a.m. CST
all good suggestions
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:01 a.m. CST
fantastic 4, madagascar, polar express, lion cage and bunny slippers. write this down.
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:03 a.m. CST
or rankings or something, or BNAT 06 tickets - damn it
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:05 a.m. CST
not a stupid little lap dog, but a "OSCAR PUT DOWN THAT MAILMAN" kind of dog
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:07 a.m. CST
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:08 a.m. CST
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:08 a.m. CST
Harry, Quint, Mory, Herc, the whole shbang! Then we can act out all of our geeky talkbacks "in person" with the rebels who post them to the site!!!! Not to mention all of the sordid affairs they could end up with Barbie, the Bratz, and some Ninja Turtles. Rock Rock On.
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:11 a.m. CST
definately... I'd buy em.. Oh and what about a t-shirt???? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:13 a.m. CST
I was at a halloween party with him a couple years back, he's really a cool guy, he deserves more exposure
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:16 a.m. CST
like trey and matt did, but instead of kyle kenny cartman & stan you could use you harry moriarty and herc (with a special guest appearance from the doc)
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:44 a.m. CST
I've always wanted moose mugs like in National Lampoon. Too bad they're still so expensive and I'm a college kid with no income. http://www.canadianmoose.com/moosemugs/
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:48 a.m. CST
hits stores December 6th
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:49 a.m. CST
http://media.putfile.com/equidtrailerwmv http://media.putfile.com/Novatrailerwmv http://media.putfile.com/Mcsweeneystrailerwmv
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:53 a.m. CST
well, not so much what I want, since i already have a lot of this stuff; -An Ipod Nano. -A Video Ipod. -The Buffy Chosen DVD collection. -The Friends All Ten Seasons DVD Collection. -Sharper image has metal scale replicas of the '89 Batmobile and the new Tumbler. (That monkey head is creeeeeeepy). -I found some Battlestar Galactica dogtags on Ebay, but I'd really like a flight suit like the Viper pilots wear. -that $999.00 Vader costume is cool. -The ultimate Christmas for me though, would be this: http://www.driveamach5.com/index.php?id=6
Nov. 3, 2005, 9:58 a.m. CST
There's probably a slightly gay, fetishist, meta-cinema subtext here somewhere... but what the hell. I just loves me some cool action figures. And if that dork Napoleon Dynamite can grace my bookshelf, so can Harry, Mori and... mmmmmm... Alexandra Paulllllll...
Nov. 3, 2005, 10:38 a.m. CST
That's all I want for Christmas!
Nov. 3, 2005, 11:32 a.m. CST
by Captain Sulu
Big time role call at the shrine (Aquafag TB), so come dressed. As for a gift Quint, how about an Aquaman action figure?
Nov. 3, 2005, 12:01 p.m. CST
by A Bastard
Oops, I put my comment in the subject line. But still.
Nov. 3, 2005, 12:30 p.m. CST
You guys remember the item on the Shopping Guide a few years back were a company would take your likeness and turn it into an action figure, complete with bubble pak?
Nov. 3, 2005, 1:42 p.m. CST
... where the hell is my THIRTYSOMETHING DVD boxed set already?! Christ, the fucking Ernest movies already have a boxed set. PUNKY BREWSTER's out. They've actually released MANNIX, fer crissakes. When I was in my early 20s, THIRTYSOMETHING was the best thing on television -- a light at the end of the tunnel that said our thirties might end up being the best decade of our lives. Of course, I'm 38 now, and that's proved to be pretty much untrue... so with the reality pretty well mapped out, is it too much to ask to have the goddamn fantasy back on my shelf? Huh? Please? Stupid music rights. Stupid greedy networks. Grr. Christmas blows dead rats.
Nov. 3, 2005, 4:48 p.m. CST
Nov. 3, 2005, 5:20 p.m. CST
I'm with you on the Thirtysomething DVDs! I'm also 38 and it's only been during the last couple of years that this decade of life has taken on even a semblance of that idealized image. Great show. Nothing the whippersnappers of today would understand, though, damn their black hearts.
Nov. 3, 2005, 5:58 p.m. CST
time to bring that 'ol chesnut out of the closet and dust it off....need booze to remember all the details....And thus, off to git loaded! - - - George, The 7th Chicken!!!!
Nov. 4, 2005, 3:02 a.m. CST
i wonder if the people who run this site are even slightly aware of how much the already-big popularity of this site would SKYROCKET if they simply added post counts to the talkback section . . . not that I'm personally into them or anything
Nov. 4, 2005, 8:39 a.m. CST
Could Harry get the artist who designed the AICN caricatures to sell his services as a holiday offering? Everyone mail Harry, like, a buck, a basic idea of what their character would look like... and Harry then creates some arcane contest requirement, and they pick five TalkBackers to get likenesses created by the AICN artiste. The guy gets paid for his work, we all get to briefly believe we might yet win a goddamn AICN contest, and five lucky winners get cartoon likenesses that can hit on Alexandra Paul. For this, I would pay TWO bucks... =)
Nov. 4, 2005, 9 a.m. CST
I want pussy.
Nov. 4, 2005, 4:09 p.m. CST
1) ChickenGeorgeVII (I have a feeling he would win in a landslide). 2) DocPazuzu (because he is everywhere) 3) CHEWBLACCA (because of the name) 4) RegisTravolta (because of the name) 5) GingerTwit (why not)
Nov. 5, 2005, 7:39 p.m. CST
Nov. 12, 2005, 3:25 a.m. CST
Just about every media outlet has some form of shopping tips for xmas. Not one is anywhere near as cool as the one on this site. The previous two years have been absolute benchmarks. I'm still sending people the photo of the desk for spaceghost.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 87 total posts 83 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 425 total posts 12 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 725 total posts 11 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 31 total posts 6 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 54 total posts 4 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 570 total posts 3 posts