Moriarty Invites You To Enter The WALLACE & GROMIT Contest!!
Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...
I hope you’re going to check out the Wallace & Gromit film this weekend if you get a chance. As a friend of mine just put it on the phone, it’s enormously charming. It’s the kind of film where you just start smiling early on and find that you can’t stop. To celebrate, Dreamworks and Special Ops Media have provided us with some great packages of WALLACE & GROMIT prizes to give out, and I’m going to choose three readers to each get a big assortment of things including an X-Box game, a 2006 W&G calendar, and more.
So what do you have to do to get one of those grab bags?
Well, in the spirit of the films, it’s time to put on your inventor’s cap. I want you to come up with a Cracking Contraption all your own to do... well... anything. You can either draw me a Wile E. Coyote style blueprint or write out a description of how your Rube Goldbergian device works or even build something and just take a picture. However you want to represent it, the important part is imagination and a sense of humor.
All entries must be sent to my e-mail box and clearly labeled “WALLACE & GROMIT CONTEST” in the header, and all entries must arrive by no later than 12:00 PST on Wednesday October 12, 2005.
So have a bit of cheese. Or vegetables if you’re feeling pudgy. And get to work. I look forward to seeing your entries soon.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 7, 2005, 10:26 p.m. CST
how about designing a machine that reads and rates haikus to help find some winners for the Lost DVD contest?
Oct. 7, 2005, 10:49 p.m. CST
Here's hoping I win!
Oct. 8, 2005, 12:07 a.m. CST
will only be useful if it also disables the spoiler tag on his sidebar.
Oct. 8, 2005, 1:36 a.m. CST
will only find more and more random shit to schill from Amazon, while automatically jerking him off as he watches every episode from every season of Firefly, Angel and buffy simutaniously on 268 giant flat screen plasma t.v. sets.
Oct. 8, 2005, 1:06 p.m. CST
but still a great idea
Oct. 8, 2005, 5:02 p.m. CST
all it has to do is cut and paste the blurb from TV guide. Wait... Maybe Herc is already a machine.
Oct. 8, 2005, 5:33 p.m. CST
I will concede that I was a few off, but even if you include the Firefly episode entitled "Serenity" as two episodes, you still end up with 270 episodes (god, I'm such a geek). Six full seasons of buffy @ 22 episodes per season = 132 episodes. Plus 13 more for the first Season of Buffy, that's 145. Five full seasons of Angel @ 22 episodes per season is 110 episodes. Now we're at 255. Fifteen episodes of Firefly (if you count the pilot as 2 episodes. I don't, but for the sake of argument...) brings you to 270. Where do you get 276? Am I using "new math"?
Oct. 8, 2005, 6:47 p.m. CST
you are such a geek. Which is a good thing. I'm at least a big enough fan of Buffy to know the number of episodes in a season, but I wouldn't go so far as to calculate all the television episodes Joss Whedon's ever been involved in. Maybe Jawa was taking into account his movie career too? Or maybe he's one of the first practisioners of the New Math of which you speak (for your math is alarmingly similiar to the old math). Either way, why am I typing right now?
Oct. 8, 2005, 7:12 p.m. CST
I once calculated how many days it would take to watch every episode of buffy back-to-back, (about 4 1/2 days, as long as you only order delivery and pee in a jar.) so I had the figures in the back of my head. Don't ask. Although I haven't put any plan into motion, I still know that I need help.
Oct. 8, 2005, 7:53 p.m. CST
If you take the middle two letters out of your name and replace them with a C, you'll have it on the money. I've got a bit of that myself. I might be watching my favourite episode, but I'll still check the display far too often to see how long I've got left.
Oct. 9, 2005, 10:08 a.m. CST
my bad, i forgot that firefly only had "14" episodes. I hadn't watched them in a couple years. You can now tell I'm the biggest fan.*hangs head in shame*
Oct. 9, 2005, 5:30 p.m. CST
Now it seems as if all we want to do is talk about what sucks and how much we hate everything. *sigh*
Oct. 9, 2005, 8:06 p.m. CST
Since W&G made 16 Million this weekend at the Box Office, is it too early to declare this movie a failure?
Oct. 10, 2005, 6:08 a.m. CST
The roof collapsed destroying models, sets, everything. I can only hope that their servers were at a different building and won't affect Flushed Away.
Oct. 12, 2005, 11:41 a.m. CST
Sorry couldn't help it!
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 675 total posts 52 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 404 total posts 38 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 36 total posts 19 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 210 total posts 19 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 359 total posts 12 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 308 total posts 9 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts