Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 7, 2005, 6:41 a.m. CST
June 7, 2005, 6:42 a.m. CST
I still have reservations about this flick. Too early to tell...
June 7, 2005, 6:53 a.m. CST
by Spacker Dave
He's at home washing his tights! Where are you moviemack? Can we no longer count on your narrow and totally unfounded negativity on this film?
June 7, 2005, 7:26 a.m. CST
by Taylor Made
I have a good feeling about this one meeting my high expectations, in the past I have not alway's agreed with Harry on his reviews but I hope I am wrong on this one. If you guys(& gals) want to see that same 10 minute preview they showed during the Smallville Finale here ya go: http://www.alldumb.com/item/11885/ Just another reason to look forward to 12:01am, 15th of June!
June 7, 2005, 10 a.m. CST
What I don't understand is why Batman can't wear a costume OVER his armor.
June 7, 2005, 12:44 p.m. CST
Having said that.. David Nolan, Christian Bale. This film was always going to be amazing. However, Harry's quality-control-on-film-opening is just zero.
June 7, 2005, 1:53 p.m. CST
June 7, 2005, 3:27 p.m. CST
June 8, 2005, 1:01 a.m. CST
seriously, click on the link, read, and then post, you might as well proclaim 457th
June 8, 2005, 9:12 a.m. CST
You know it's coming!
June 9, 2005, 12:13 a.m. CST
by Mr Staypuft
blade 3 was the worst of the lot in all regards - had that stupid scooby gang feel!
June 10, 2005, 6:05 a.m. CST
let's never forget that...
June 16, 2005, 2:38 p.m. CST
Christopher Lloyd, bitches.
June 16, 2005, 11:17 p.m. CST
...to Mr. No;an and his cast & crew for this great film. This is the first superhero "origin" movie that isn't bogged down by the backstory...instead it's invigorated by it. The cast is pitch-perfect (although Ms. Holmes seems a touch too young to be playing a big-city DA) and the production is first rate and Nolan's direction is very good. Now I'm excited by the prospect of more "Batman" movies again! Just one favor Mr. Nolan....NO ROBIN! Let's leave the ambigueously gay duo on SNL where they belong and stick to the intense characters and good story you've started here!
June 18, 2005, 10:57 a.m. CST
That plot twist about 3/4th of the way through the movie. WOW. I absolutely did NOT see that one coming. Kudos to Christopher Nolan and Warners for keeping their mouths shut!
June 18, 2005, 4:02 p.m. CST
Just saw this yesterday, so this isn't an early review or anything, but wow! I really thoroughly enjoyed this movie, the whole thing! That despite the fact that the row behind me, a few to the side, was a jagoff who laughed inappropriately (like whenever Batman was kicking ass) and loudly like a loon, and punctuated this laughter with loud sucking of what seemed to be snot through his nose. He really needed to have brought a tissue. See, usually people like that at movies (and there are always tons of them) ruin the experience and cast a pallor over the whole thing...but even this freakazoid couldn't ruin the fantastic-ness of this flick. Seriously! I even liked it better than Spiderman.
June 20, 2005, 5:40 p.m. CST
This flick kicks the crap outta Spiderman. And I liked both Spiderman movies...a lot. Harry's review is absolutely right on target with how I felt about this film...right down to the comment about Katie Holmes...though she was an assistent DA, Harry. Christian Bale is superb as both the troubled Wayne and as the scary-as-hell Batman. The costume this time is the best ever. Special effects have advanced considerably since the first series, so it's unfair to compare. But Christopher Nolan makes the most of the technology available today without going overboard (ala Stephen Spielberg). Great Movie! I hope the new Superman is as well done as this one. It will be tough since part of what makes this one so great is the human component of Batman. The only thing that makes him "super" is his m4d sklLLz and his wonderful gadgets :-D
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 417 total posts 80 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 165 total posts 35 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 42 total posts 34 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 62 total posts 33 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 41 total posts 32 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 59 total posts 23 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 85 total posts 17 posts
- Ron Howard will attempt to discover THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR! -- 32 total posts 17 posts