Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 7, 2005, 6:41 a.m. CST
June 7, 2005, 6:42 a.m. CST
I still have reservations about this flick. Too early to tell...
June 7, 2005, 6:53 a.m. CST
by Spacker Dave
He's at home washing his tights! Where are you moviemack? Can we no longer count on your narrow and totally unfounded negativity on this film?
June 7, 2005, 7:26 a.m. CST
by Taylor Made
I have a good feeling about this one meeting my high expectations, in the past I have not alway's agreed with Harry on his reviews but I hope I am wrong on this one. If you guys(& gals) want to see that same 10 minute preview they showed during the Smallville Finale here ya go: http://www.alldumb.com/item/11885/ Just another reason to look forward to 12:01am, 15th of June!
June 7, 2005, 10 a.m. CST
What I don't understand is why Batman can't wear a costume OVER his armor.
June 7, 2005, 12:44 p.m. CST
Having said that.. David Nolan, Christian Bale. This film was always going to be amazing. However, Harry's quality-control-on-film-opening is just zero.
June 7, 2005, 1:53 p.m. CST
June 7, 2005, 3:27 p.m. CST
June 8, 2005, 1:01 a.m. CST
seriously, click on the link, read, and then post, you might as well proclaim 457th
June 8, 2005, 9:12 a.m. CST
You know it's coming!
June 9, 2005, 12:13 a.m. CST
by Mr Staypuft
blade 3 was the worst of the lot in all regards - had that stupid scooby gang feel!
June 10, 2005, 6:05 a.m. CST
let's never forget that...
June 16, 2005, 2:38 p.m. CST
Christopher Lloyd, bitches.
June 16, 2005, 11:17 p.m. CST
...to Mr. No;an and his cast & crew for this great film. This is the first superhero "origin" movie that isn't bogged down by the backstory...instead it's invigorated by it. The cast is pitch-perfect (although Ms. Holmes seems a touch too young to be playing a big-city DA) and the production is first rate and Nolan's direction is very good. Now I'm excited by the prospect of more "Batman" movies again! Just one favor Mr. Nolan....NO ROBIN! Let's leave the ambigueously gay duo on SNL where they belong and stick to the intense characters and good story you've started here!
June 18, 2005, 10:57 a.m. CST
That plot twist about 3/4th of the way through the movie. WOW. I absolutely did NOT see that one coming. Kudos to Christopher Nolan and Warners for keeping their mouths shut!
June 18, 2005, 4:02 p.m. CST
Just saw this yesterday, so this isn't an early review or anything, but wow! I really thoroughly enjoyed this movie, the whole thing! That despite the fact that the row behind me, a few to the side, was a jagoff who laughed inappropriately (like whenever Batman was kicking ass) and loudly like a loon, and punctuated this laughter with loud sucking of what seemed to be snot through his nose. He really needed to have brought a tissue. See, usually people like that at movies (and there are always tons of them) ruin the experience and cast a pallor over the whole thing...but even this freakazoid couldn't ruin the fantastic-ness of this flick. Seriously! I even liked it better than Spiderman.
June 20, 2005, 5:40 p.m. CST
This flick kicks the crap outta Spiderman. And I liked both Spiderman movies...a lot. Harry's review is absolutely right on target with how I felt about this film...right down to the comment about Katie Holmes...though she was an assistent DA, Harry. Christian Bale is superb as both the troubled Wayne and as the scary-as-hell Batman. The costume this time is the best ever. Special effects have advanced considerably since the first series, so it's unfair to compare. But Christopher Nolan makes the most of the technology available today without going overboard (ala Stephen Spielberg). Great Movie! I hope the new Superman is as well done as this one. It will be tough since part of what makes this one so great is the human component of Batman. The only thing that makes him "super" is his m4d sklLLz and his wonderful gadgets :-D
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 456 total posts 29 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 498 total posts 28 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 224 total posts 15 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 36 total posts 6 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 190 total posts 6 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 70 total posts 3 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 220 total posts 3 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 137 total posts 2 posts
- Harry's 49th Picks & Peeks of 2013: OCTAGON, THE WOLVERINE, more Ninjas, Serpico & Saturn 3, NASHVILLE & more! -- 194 total posts 1 post