Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 7, 2005, 6:41 a.m. CST
June 7, 2005, 6:42 a.m. CST
I still have reservations about this flick. Too early to tell...
June 7, 2005, 6:53 a.m. CST
by Spacker Dave
He's at home washing his tights! Where are you moviemack? Can we no longer count on your narrow and totally unfounded negativity on this film?
June 7, 2005, 7:26 a.m. CST
by Taylor Made
I have a good feeling about this one meeting my high expectations, in the past I have not alway's agreed with Harry on his reviews but I hope I am wrong on this one. If you guys(& gals) want to see that same 10 minute preview they showed during the Smallville Finale here ya go: http://www.alldumb.com/item/11885/ Just another reason to look forward to 12:01am, 15th of June!
June 7, 2005, 10 a.m. CST
What I don't understand is why Batman can't wear a costume OVER his armor.
June 7, 2005, 12:44 p.m. CST
Having said that.. David Nolan, Christian Bale. This film was always going to be amazing. However, Harry's quality-control-on-film-opening is just zero.
June 7, 2005, 1:53 p.m. CST
June 7, 2005, 3:27 p.m. CST
June 8, 2005, 1:01 a.m. CST
seriously, click on the link, read, and then post, you might as well proclaim 457th
June 8, 2005, 9:12 a.m. CST
You know it's coming!
June 9, 2005, 12:13 a.m. CST
by Mr Staypuft
blade 3 was the worst of the lot in all regards - had that stupid scooby gang feel!
June 10, 2005, 6:05 a.m. CST
let's never forget that...
June 16, 2005, 2:38 p.m. CST
Christopher Lloyd, bitches.
June 16, 2005, 11:17 p.m. CST
...to Mr. No;an and his cast & crew for this great film. This is the first superhero "origin" movie that isn't bogged down by the backstory...instead it's invigorated by it. The cast is pitch-perfect (although Ms. Holmes seems a touch too young to be playing a big-city DA) and the production is first rate and Nolan's direction is very good. Now I'm excited by the prospect of more "Batman" movies again! Just one favor Mr. Nolan....NO ROBIN! Let's leave the ambigueously gay duo on SNL where they belong and stick to the intense characters and good story you've started here!
June 18, 2005, 10:57 a.m. CST
That plot twist about 3/4th of the way through the movie. WOW. I absolutely did NOT see that one coming. Kudos to Christopher Nolan and Warners for keeping their mouths shut!
June 18, 2005, 4:02 p.m. CST
Just saw this yesterday, so this isn't an early review or anything, but wow! I really thoroughly enjoyed this movie, the whole thing! That despite the fact that the row behind me, a few to the side, was a jagoff who laughed inappropriately (like whenever Batman was kicking ass) and loudly like a loon, and punctuated this laughter with loud sucking of what seemed to be snot through his nose. He really needed to have brought a tissue. See, usually people like that at movies (and there are always tons of them) ruin the experience and cast a pallor over the whole thing...but even this freakazoid couldn't ruin the fantastic-ness of this flick. Seriously! I even liked it better than Spiderman.
June 20, 2005, 5:40 p.m. CST
This flick kicks the crap outta Spiderman. And I liked both Spiderman movies...a lot. Harry's review is absolutely right on target with how I felt about this film...right down to the comment about Katie Holmes...though she was an assistent DA, Harry. Christian Bale is superb as both the troubled Wayne and as the scary-as-hell Batman. The costume this time is the best ever. Special effects have advanced considerably since the first series, so it's unfair to compare. But Christopher Nolan makes the most of the technology available today without going overboard (ala Stephen Spielberg). Great Movie! I hope the new Superman is as well done as this one. It will be tough since part of what makes this one so great is the human component of Batman. The only thing that makes him "super" is his m4d sklLLz and his wonderful gadgets :-D
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 195 total posts 195 posts
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 223 total posts 171 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 145 total posts 145 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 217 total posts 110 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 108 total posts 108 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- Jeff Bridges’ Long Delayed SEVENTH SON Gets A Trailer, A Poster, And February!! -- 77 total posts 77 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 112 total posts 59 posts
- Here’s BBC’s Synopsis Of DOCTOR WHO S08E03: “Robots of Sherwood’ !! -- 53 total posts 53 posts