Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
June 7, 2005, 6:41 a.m. CST
June 7, 2005, 6:42 a.m. CST
I still have reservations about this flick. Too early to tell...
June 7, 2005, 6:53 a.m. CST
by Spacker Dave
He's at home washing his tights! Where are you moviemack? Can we no longer count on your narrow and totally unfounded negativity on this film?
June 7, 2005, 7:26 a.m. CST
by Taylor Made
I have a good feeling about this one meeting my high expectations, in the past I have not alway's agreed with Harry on his reviews but I hope I am wrong on this one. If you guys(& gals) want to see that same 10 minute preview they showed during the Smallville Finale here ya go: http://www.alldumb.com/item/11885/ Just another reason to look forward to 12:01am, 15th of June!
June 7, 2005, 10 a.m. CST
What I don't understand is why Batman can't wear a costume OVER his armor.
June 7, 2005, 12:44 p.m. CST
Having said that.. David Nolan, Christian Bale. This film was always going to be amazing. However, Harry's quality-control-on-film-opening is just zero.
June 7, 2005, 1:53 p.m. CST
June 7, 2005, 3:27 p.m. CST
June 8, 2005, 1:01 a.m. CST
seriously, click on the link, read, and then post, you might as well proclaim 457th
June 8, 2005, 9:12 a.m. CST
You know it's coming!
June 9, 2005, 12:13 a.m. CST
by Mr Staypuft
blade 3 was the worst of the lot in all regards - had that stupid scooby gang feel!
June 10, 2005, 6:05 a.m. CST
let's never forget that...
June 16, 2005, 2:38 p.m. CST
Christopher Lloyd, bitches.
June 16, 2005, 11:17 p.m. CST
...to Mr. No;an and his cast & crew for this great film. This is the first superhero "origin" movie that isn't bogged down by the backstory...instead it's invigorated by it. The cast is pitch-perfect (although Ms. Holmes seems a touch too young to be playing a big-city DA) and the production is first rate and Nolan's direction is very good. Now I'm excited by the prospect of more "Batman" movies again! Just one favor Mr. Nolan....NO ROBIN! Let's leave the ambigueously gay duo on SNL where they belong and stick to the intense characters and good story you've started here!
June 18, 2005, 10:57 a.m. CST
That plot twist about 3/4th of the way through the movie. WOW. I absolutely did NOT see that one coming. Kudos to Christopher Nolan and Warners for keeping their mouths shut!
June 18, 2005, 4:02 p.m. CST
Just saw this yesterday, so this isn't an early review or anything, but wow! I really thoroughly enjoyed this movie, the whole thing! That despite the fact that the row behind me, a few to the side, was a jagoff who laughed inappropriately (like whenever Batman was kicking ass) and loudly like a loon, and punctuated this laughter with loud sucking of what seemed to be snot through his nose. He really needed to have brought a tissue. See, usually people like that at movies (and there are always tons of them) ruin the experience and cast a pallor over the whole thing...but even this freakazoid couldn't ruin the fantastic-ness of this flick. Seriously! I even liked it better than Spiderman.
June 20, 2005, 5:40 p.m. CST
This flick kicks the crap outta Spiderman. And I liked both Spiderman movies...a lot. Harry's review is absolutely right on target with how I felt about this film...right down to the comment about Katie Holmes...though she was an assistent DA, Harry. Christian Bale is superb as both the troubled Wayne and as the scary-as-hell Batman. The costume this time is the best ever. Special effects have advanced considerably since the first series, so it's unfair to compare. But Christopher Nolan makes the most of the technology available today without going overboard (ala Stephen Spielberg). Great Movie! I hope the new Superman is as well done as this one. It will be tough since part of what makes this one so great is the human component of Batman. The only thing that makes him "super" is his m4d sklLLz and his wonderful gadgets :-D
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 224 total posts 200 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 262 total posts 158 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 522 total posts 132 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 112 total posts 112 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 703 total posts 101 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 114 total posts 68 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 53 total posts 52 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 102 total posts 43 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 107 total posts 43 posts