By Golly - Gee Whillikers! Santiago Segura is releasing TORRENTE 3 in Spain This Year!!!
Hey folks, Harry here! So I write a bit about TORRENTE 2 coming to DVD in the United States, gripe about there being no Region 1 DVD of TORRENTE: THE STUPID ARM OF THE LAW... and I wildly heaped enthusiastic praise upon the man genius of Santiago Segura - one of the funniest men to ever cast a large shadow upon the face of the Earth. I wrote about and suggested the film just out of pure love for the two TORRENTE films and because I'm well aware that the genius of Segura's two TORRENTE films is basically completely unknown in the English Speaking world, because... well, no U.S. distributor was bright enough to bring them here! Well, yesterday I got an email from Santiago Segura sending me the best news in a good while... TORRENTE 3 is due out in Spain this year, to prove it he sent me the image of the one-sheet and revealed that Guillermo Del Toro was going to be in the theatrical cut, but instead will only be captured on the DVD release... Which the Gods can not make soon enough! Here's the poster... this time, Torrente is retired from the law and is a... bodyguard?!?!?!?! Dear Lord, protect the body he's meant to, cuz Torrente will abuse it like a soft warm wet kitty in the barn back behind the haybales while nobody is looking.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 21, 2005, 5:12 p.m. CST
cool i ain't
May 21, 2005, 5:13 p.m. CST
That's a fucking awesome spoof of the Batman Begins poster. I hope theaters in the US get this one!
May 21, 2005, 5:27 p.m. CST
Enough with the childhood memories already, Harry. I don't know if this stuff is supposed to be funny, but it just puts images in my head of big Harry with a kitty on his lap and...Ugh, I'm gonna go gouge out my eyeballs now.
May 21, 2005, 5:43 p.m. CST
when you don't mature, every fucking thing is nostalgic.
May 21, 2005, 5:45 p.m. CST
I think it was....something...Ustinov..?
May 21, 2005, 6:02 p.m. CST
Another Torrente game is probably coming...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE IT GOOD!!!
May 21, 2005, 8:22 p.m. CST
by Frank Black
I love, love, love the Torrente movies and can't wait for part 3. Thanks to region free DVD, I've been 1 & 2 for years. Santiago is also great in Dying of Laughter.
May 22, 2005, 6:06 a.m. CST
with ninjas and all. Sorry for that.
May 22, 2005, 6:50 a.m. CST
Segura is old news
May 22, 2005, 7:19 a.m. CST
I'm from Marbella so it has special significance to me. When they were filming the nightclub scenes locals were made to believe it was a private three day party for Leonardo di Caprio so we'd stay the hell away.. True Story. And that black guy with dredlocks who jumps in the swimming pool to Torrentes disgust... Pinched the last carton of semi-desnatado milk from me in Mercadona Yesterday. Viva Torrente.
May 22, 2005, 10:10 a.m. CST
by Koji Kabuto
"Torrente Acabao" actually means "Torrente Finished", which coupled to the design work of the poster - a big play on a certain Dark Knight's publicity binge, no?
May 22, 2005, 10:33 a.m. CST
As a Spanish filmgoer and aspiring filmmaker, I have always thought "Torrente" was one of the worst films ever produced in this country, or anyone else for that matter. It's quite depressing that one of the highest-grossing Spanish films and its sequels have become such a phenomeon resorting to vulgarity, clich
May 22, 2005, 11:03 a.m. CST
way to go. Segura is just so 90
May 22, 2005, 5:02 p.m. CST
puta maricona cansina
May 23, 2005, 6:50 a.m. CST
pretty clever post. pretty sure you love "filmmakers" like rodriguez or kitamura
May 23, 2005, 8:22 a.m. CST
I may like "filmmakers" like Rodriguez, as you say. I may like films like Charlie's Angels and Resident Evil just for the chicks. So it's not I'm into Swedish flicks, I *love* blockbusters. I only wanted to point out that Torrente is, in my opinion, as vulgar a film as it can be done, and it is indeed depressing it gets so much money and even PRAISE. As always, it depends on how many friends you have willing to give you money. It bothers me that Spanish filmmakers have to fight for resources and then there is this...SAGA...which gets as much resources as needed. Money invested in vulgarity. And now they want to export it to America. Well, good for you if you want to indulge in this kind of vulgarity. That's what this world seems to love. Y s
May 23, 2005, 8:52 a.m. CST
actually my post was about that clever comment of cuervo jones about amenabar, not you. I happen to agree with you 100%, and I consider that posts like cuervojones
May 23, 2005, 9 a.m. CST
I know your comment wasn't about me, sorry if it sounded otherwise. Lo que quer
May 23, 2005, 9:33 a.m. CST
I agree 100% with you. When you say Easi estan las cosas" it is more or less the same than my "que penita" or "estamos en un pais libre", dont you think? of course I am sorry torrente makes so much money, but people is free to do whatever they want with their money, of course. However when someone says something like "amenabar puta maricona cansina", I feel like this fucker has nothing to say about movies. Maybe i was rude to Rodriguez, I admit, but definitely not with Kitamura. And don
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 675 total posts 52 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 404 total posts 38 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 36 total posts 19 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 210 total posts 19 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 359 total posts 12 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 308 total posts 9 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts