AICN & Alamo South Presents The Austin Premiere of AMITYVILLE HORROR (2005) with Ryan Reynolds In Attendence!
Hey folks, Harry here -- Now Austinites have been being hit with non-stop film events here in Austin. There was the hectic mania of SXSW 2005, then there was Matthew's SAHARA premiere... last night was the huge SIN CITY premiere with Nick Stahl, Jaime King, Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez! At the moment - the hardcore film geek in Austin is picking up lent in the bottoms of their pockets, having supported these great events and organizations with their hard earned lucre. Well - Tim League and I put our noggins together ala Ray Milland and Rosey Grier... and we've come up with the following event...
For absolutely zero dollars...
We're bringing Ryan Reynolds to town with producers Brad Fuller & Andrew Form to show THE AMITYVILLE HORROR (2005). That's right gals, we're bringing Ryan Reynolds to town for ya!
How do I get in?
Ok - here ya go. First you must RSVP by sending an email to Amityville@OriginalAlamo.Com! Each email can only request 2 seats. You will get a confirmation of your RSVP - however... This RSVP does not guarantee admittance into the screening. In fact, there is one more extraordinary step you must take to get into this free screening. One horrific step. One you probably wouldn't dare take. Cuz, it's too horrible to say, but I must - for your own sake...
What terrifying step must you take?
Right now even as you read this Tim League is breeding the horrifying terror you must face. The Alamo's Brilliant Crack Team of Engineers are constructing a chamber with a facade of the Amityville House on the outside. Each individual member of the audience must go into this chamber, and stay there till you get the signal to "GET OOOOUUUUUTTTTT!" You will get your ticket inside this chamber. Oh, and inside? You'll find over 25,000 FLIES!!! That's right - 25,000 FLIES and you in an Amityville Recreation!
When is all of this?
Beginning at 4pm at the Alamo Drafthouse South (on South Lamar) people will begin entering the Fly Chamber - there will be a window or two in there sprayed with sugar water so you can get your photo taken with the proper amount of horror as a keepsake! The film screening takes place beginning at 7:30pm that night! What night? APRIL 14th!
Is that all?
Not hardly! There's the special Fly Alamo Video Pre-show being created just for this event! So join your fellow film freaks, 25,000 hungry starving for human flesh flies and Ryan Reynolds this April 14th at the Alamo Drafthouse South for the special Austin Premiere of THE AMITYVILLE HORROR... if you dare?!?!?!?!?!?!!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 1, 2005, 9 p.m. CST
yeah, that's all i got
April 1, 2005, 9:23 p.m. CST
What with all those flies in the chamber and all.
April 1, 2005, 10:13 p.m. CST
by Stanley Spector
April 1, 2005, 11:49 p.m. CST
Well, the fly chamber is a little psycho, but it'll be cool to see the movie with Ryan Reynolds. Especially when it's getting closer to the climax and the family is afraid the father is going to blow them all away. I predict a 13 percent chance that Ryan Reynolds loses it and tried to massacre everyone in the theater. Does Vegas give odds for things like that?
April 3, 2005, 1:12 a.m. CST
by Mister Man
April 3, 2005, 9:42 p.m. CST
so whats a couple of flies..??
April 5, 2005, 11:24 a.m. CST
or is it just me?
April 8, 2005, 10:20 p.m. CST
It's been a couple of days and I haven't received one either. Maybe it is just me and my wimpy excuses...
April 19, 2005, 7:29 p.m. CST
by Shaak Teets
Go to Snopes.com
April 19, 2005, 7:48 p.m. CST
When will you all realize that not only does Ryan Reynolds suck,but that Blade is brilliant while Blade 2 was mediocre and pedestrian, and Blade 3 was a fucking joke with Parker Posey as Ed Grimley?????????
April 21, 2005, 3:41 p.m. CST
by Gruesome Wedgie
How can they still be selling this kark as "based on a true story" when it was revealed that the whole story was bullshit? Or did I dream that?
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 442 total posts 442 posts
- FAST AND FURIOUS 7 to be scrapped entirely? -- 269 total posts 269 posts
- These pics from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 show off Electro's lair and some serious lightning attacks! -- 312 total posts 159 posts
- Earlier Versions Of THE DARK CRYSTAL...Probably Felt A Lot Like This!! -- 80 total posts 80 posts
- We now have an official and better look at a new AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 banner, plus a new synopsis! -- 220 total posts 50 posts
- A New 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE Trailer Brings The Xerxes!! -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- Harry's 49th Picks & Peeks of 2013: OCTAGON, THE WOLVERINE, more Ninjas, Serpico & Saturn 3, NASHVILLE & more! -- 164 total posts 43 posts
- Filming on the FAST AND FURIOUS 7 has been postponed indefinitely. -- 250 total posts 41 posts
- Kevin Smith's TUSK won't make it in time for Sundance, but will screen a work-in-progress cut for fans! -- 80 total posts 36 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 34 total posts 34 posts