WETA Working With Juh-ho Bong On A Monster Movie'!
Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...
Sometimes it’s the shortest e-mails that contain the most provocative tidbits. Like this:
Do you know WETA and Richard Taylor is working for a Korean monster movie called "Host"? It's the third feature film by Bong Jun-ho (Memories of Murder). It looks like he does'nt want to make a genre movie. He want to make a serious movie about a monster in Han river.
If you’ve seen MEMORIES OF MURDER, then you know why I’m intrigued. If you haven’t, try to track a copy down. It’s a tremendous Korean film about a real-life serial killer case that’s about as far from stuff like FROM HELL or SE7EN as humanly possible, focusing on the cops investigating the case and the toll that it takes on them, with a fairly dry comic sensibility to everything. I’m deeply intrigued at the notion of what this guy might be doing with a serious monster movie, and the notion of WETA helping him out is pretty damn great. I’ll see what else I can dig up on this one.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
March 21, 2005, 2:21 a.m. CST
Will Captain Panaka be in this? You need a cynical, one-line bastard in a movie like this. And the eye patch could be incorporated into the serial killers MO. Long Live Captain Panaka!!!
March 21, 2005, 2:36 a.m. CST
thats what Panaka would say about this whole situation.
March 21, 2005, 2:47 a.m. CST
Memories of murder = the best cop movie since...let's say To live and die in LA... And Joon-ho Bong's first movie, Barking dogs never bite, was very very good too!!!! So...
March 21, 2005, 3:14 a.m. CST
by Cash Bailey
Still haven't watched it, though. Sometimes working two jobs sucks.
March 21, 2005, 6:05 a.m. CST
Oh come on I can't be the only one who found that funny.
March 21, 2005, 6:41 a.m. CST
I like his emo glasses.
March 21, 2005, 11:14 a.m. CST
by I Dunno
Captain Typho, I beleive. Are you trying to say that all us brothers look alike?
March 21, 2005, 2:55 p.m. CST
that WETA isn't doing anything Evangelion. and that the EVA movie is off. Oh yes and Mini-Me is peeing naked in the cornor!
March 21, 2005, 7 p.m. CST
Weta is going in partnership with the South Koreans and building up a branch in Seoul. The news came from Reuters this morning... C
March 21, 2005, 8:04 p.m. CST
"Pining for the fjords". It was never to be. ADV is a big fish by domestic anime distributor channels, but they are but a minnow compared to the film studios. ADV and WETA had high hopes for the project, but, realistically, they'd need the invovlement of a major studio to be able to finance it, and, it seems it's too expensive a project with too niche a fanbase for the film to be an attractive proposition for any major studio. I'm sure that if you ask ADV, the film's still "on" officially, but they haven't talked about it much at all in a year now, they don't mention it in their press releases anymore, and, the most telling evidence of all that the project is either dead or in deep hibernation is that they removed the bonus materials with the early production art from the Australian release of the EVANGELION "Platinum" DVDs.
March 21, 2005, 10:03 p.m. CST
- MAN OF STEEL TV Spot #6 - I give up, I'm just dying to see this thing! -- 116 total posts 116 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 512 total posts 94 posts
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 129 total posts 63 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 116 total posts 56 posts
HERCULES ON THE RADIO!!
Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks About The New WOLVERINE Trailer, Soderbergh’s CANDELABBRA, FURIOUS 6, HANGOVER III, EPIC, GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN And More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT/11pm ET!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 75 total posts 34 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1504 total posts 33 posts
- The INDY 500 Featurette about TURBO proves that Ferrari moves at a Snail's Pace! -- 37 total posts 30 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 87 total posts 28 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 101 total posts 26 posts