Another day of news on 30 DAYS OF NIGHT - plus LURKER film news'
Hey folks, Harry here with the latest on the world of Steve Niles and his amazing horror comic turned cinematic horror future. Getting fresh india ink blood all over the silver screen thrills me, especially Niles' brand. Here's the latest!
Love the site, blah blah blah.
According to Steve Niles, its’ still early days on the 30 Days of Night movie. Apparently, Stuart Beattie has just turned in a final draft of the script (that had no small amount of input from Niles himself). When asked about the movie projects he had going, Niles commented that a lot of them were still up in the air and that nothing was certain.
In addition to possible Punisher 2 rumblings, the real news of the Dallas Comic Convention was Jane and Niles’ decision to form Raw Productions, a company dedicated to the creation of “quality” low-budget horror films. Jane and Niles are forming Raw in part because of the frustration involved in working with large studios (Niles related an early meeting regarding the “Criminal Macabre” / Cal McDonald property where Execs attempted to omit any drug references from upcoming scripts) and because Niles would like to have more direct control over some of his smaller properties.
Niles speculated that Raw’s first project would be an adaptation of his comic “Lurkers” (a title I recommend highly along with its companion title “Secret Skull”). Niles went on to say that in addition to a role as a producer, Jane would act in any upcoming projects.
If you use this, call me Dr. KillJoy.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 16, 2005, 8:32 a.m. CST
The comic works because of the atmospheric Dave McKean-ish art, and the Twin Peaks-ish mysteries of the town. The movie'll be a standard zombie siege, only with vampires, and snowy backgrounds to make it look like you've never seen it a thousand times before.
Feb. 16, 2005, 2:13 p.m. CST
Ok, I'm happy that another studio is being formed to produce horror flicks - maybe they'll actually not suck. I mean, when Sam Raimi announced Ghost House I thought "FUCKING YES!" But so far that studio has only churned out worthless mass-market PG13 shitstains of family cinema (ie, not anything that remotely resembles 'horror'). House of 1000 Corpses, Haute Tension (Switchblade Romance to those who would like buy the R2 DVD), and Cabin Fever... THOSE are horror movies. Horror films are supposed to make you feel dirty, uncomfortable, and downright shaken. The best should turn the average moviegoer (the kind that pays for garbgage like The Grudge) into a paranoid wretch for a week. They don't leave you giggly because they make you jump. Real horror dosnt do jump scares... it also dosnt do PG13. Part of the problem is our Nightmare on Elm Street/Friday the 13th culture... those aren't really horror films either. At least, not when they started pumping out sequels every other year. I'm sick of your fucking PG13 carebear thrillers, Hollywood. Give us HORROR goddammit, not cheap cheap giggles. Remember - 6th Sense was neither horror or a good movie.
Feb. 17, 2005, 3:04 p.m. CST
Is "30 Days of Night" being released as PG-13. I don't think it will happen, but really, who knows.
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 439 total posts 438 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 249 total posts 153 posts
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 179 total posts 51 posts
- Copernicus explores The Science of Star Wars! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Will Ferrell to play Russ Meyer in RUSS & ROGER GO BEYOND! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 298 total posts 36 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 461 total posts 32 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 119 total posts 23 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 310 total posts 23 posts