There is a casting & crew call for "Green Mile" in Tennessee.
Well, loyal geeks where ever you may be, Father Geek will be up dating while The Head Geek is in LA on the set of "THE GREEN MILE". Here's a little related info on that Stephen King project from Gocatgo. No, it's not from Harry. I've read this script folks and it is terrific, so if you want to be connected to a great motion picture contact these people in the heart of bluegrass country .
The Green Mile will soon leave LA and film in Tennessee where production will conclude in late October. According to the TN Film & Video Commision, the production is now accepting crew and talent resumes. Mail (no faxes) all resumes and headshots to:
Tennessee Film, Entertainment & Music Commission
320 Sixth Avenue North
Rachel Jackson Building, Seventh Floor
Nashville, TN 37243-0790
Attention: The Green Mile
I'm not clear on how much casting info is out, but I have a pretty detailed list here. As most folks know by now, Tom Hanks will play Paul Edgecomb and Michael Clarke Duncan (Armageddon) is to play John Coffey. David Morse plays Brutal Howell, Edgecomb’s chief assistant guard. James Cromwell costars as the prison’s sympathetic warden, Hal Moores. Michael Jeter plays Delecroix, the Cajun convict with the pet mouse. Sam Rockwell plays William "Wild Bill" Wharton. Graham Greene is the repentant Native American inmate, Bitterbuck (surprise!). Bonnie Hunt plays Edgecomb’s wife. and Patricia Clarkson (High Art) portrays Warden Moores' terminally ill wife, Melinda.
The cast also includes: Doug Hutchison (A Time to Kill) as Percy, Edgecomb’s sadistic subordinate; Jeffrey DeMunn (X-Files:Fight the Future) as death row guard Harry Terwilliger; Barry Pepper (Saving Private Ryan) as Dean Stanton, another guard; and Harry Dean Stanton as Toot Toot, "the prison’s wiry old trustee."
Darabont reunites with several folks from Shawshank, including production designer, Terence Marsh (Dr. Zhivago), editor Richard Francis-Bruce (Air Force One), and composer Thomas Newman (The Horse Whisperer). David Tattersall (some "prequel" movie) is the DP.
If you need anything else, I'll be wherever the beer is cold.
Yours, gocatgo ....
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 21, 1998, 11:30 a.m. CST
I don't know who the casting director is for the film, but they deserve a special Oscar, IMHO. As a big fan of the novel(s), I must say I cannot WAIT to see GREEN MILE!
Aug. 21, 1998, 12:14 p.m. CST
i've always been a big fan of tom hanks but will be able to do justice to this role? i mean, tom hanks is mr.nice guy and isn't his character in the movie supposed to be a deathrow guard who escorts prisoners to the electric chair? will he be convincing enough??????
Aug. 21, 1998, 12:23 p.m. CST
His character is a death row guard and he does escort men to the chair but the role is perfect for Hanks. The character isn't perfect but has many flaws. Underneath it all, it's obvious he has a lot of heart and compassion and a great sense of right and wrong. He should be great. Keeping my fingers crossed for this one.
Aug. 21, 1998, 1:17 p.m. CST
tennessee isn't bluegrass country. kentucky is "the bluegrass state" there is very little bluegrass in tennessee. there is some, but not much. now, the thing about tennessee is: "tennesseein' is tennebelievin'"
Aug. 21, 1998, 5:05 p.m. CST
I met him at a party on the Sony lot and he is massive! I'm 6'3" and change and I was looking into his nose. Don't know how tall that makes him, but I don't think Hanks is 6'8". Especially not playing opposite Meg Ryan! He's also incredibly personable and seems thrilled to be working on the project. In between Cajun BBQ wings, we chatted and I'm more convinced than ever that he's the only guy who can pull this off.
Aug. 21, 1998, 8 p.m. CST
The Green Mile was the best thing Stephen King has written in years and I'm glad that it's going forward in it's current direction. King's stuff has tended toward two distinct directions: Frank Darabont's more thoughtful way and George Romero's "let's do Creepshow again"... Not that I'm bashing Romero here, folks. It's just that The Green Mile deserves the big budget, prestige treatment, and Lordy be, it's getting it!
Aug. 21, 1998, 8:57 p.m. CST
Who the hell cast tom hanks in this? Tom Hanks couldn't act his way out of a nutsack. j/k. Seriously, how about giving some other actor a chance. It seems like he's hogging all the good roles.
Aug. 25, 1998, 4:51 p.m. CST
I saw you on entertainment tonight and I love what you are doing. This site is great. I have a disability which leaves me stationary so movies and computers have been my life for the past two years. I critique all the movies that I see, mostly for the bad casting and editting, and i found a place that does it before me- I wish I had your connections, it would save me money on bad movies. Thank you, Clare
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 691 total posts 68 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 409 total posts 43 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 363 total posts 28 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 44 total posts 27 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 212 total posts 21 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 361 total posts 14 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 18 total posts 10 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 9 posts