Pics from SOLDIER...
Well this trailer should be hitting the net soon, since it's attached to some prints of THE AVENGERS, and according to Father Geek, the trailer kicks some ass pretty hard. As for this film existing in the Blade Runner universe... well, the script has a couple of references, but the derelict spinner sort of sets this up in stone I guess, and there is the Tannhauser Gate sequence...
Hi, I'm Gerry, the co-president of BladeZone, the Blade Runner Fanclub. latest info from Nate at ALZ's BR site is that David People's, the writer who co-scripted Blade Runner, wrote Soldier, starring Kurt Russell and Jason Scott Lee.
People's apparently called this film a "sidequel" to Blade Runner. One shot from the film shows Russell in action and another shows a derelict spinner in the foreground. Both images are with this e-mail.
These two sites have info if you are interetsed.
If you attempt to go to our site, BladeZone, we are having some server side problems.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Aug. 17, 1998, 9:49 a.m. CST
by Gary Burke
I saw the trailer for this movie before the Avengers and it looks like it's going to rock the Casbah. I can't WAIT to see it. Finally, the kick ass industrial 80's sci-fi comes back.
Aug. 17, 1998, 10:31 a.m. CST
by Stephen Sopp
I sure hope this movie is good, it has a lot to live up to. The trailer alone was better than the Avengers though! Stephen Sopp www.teamdvd.com
Aug. 17, 1998, 2:51 p.m. CST
by Jim Marshall
I looove Blade Runner and I'd like to see the trailer. But, not at the expense of having to pay for The Avengers. Why Kurt Russel? He's terrible (Excape from NY, LA, etc.)
Aug. 17, 1998, 5:55 p.m. CST
by Wong Kar Wai
The real reason why the Escape movies are not that great is not because of Kurt Russell. I'm not his biggest fan but anyone can see that those movies suffered from John Carpenter's campy style. Now Big Trouble In Little China is the exact opposite, it's awesome because of John Carpenter's campy style. If it didn't have that, it would have been about as memorable as Hot Potato starring Jim Kelly.
Aug. 17, 1998, 7:31 p.m. CST
Until I saw that trailer. Cheesy, poorly coloured effects, terrible ship design...and, well, the trailer was just aweful in all respects. These pictures look damn good... But... I had been excited about this project, cause I loved EH, and Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez is doing the fights, but that trailer really turned me off. It's a shame.
Oct. 3, 2012, 11:48 p.m. CST
by BD Mahony
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts