Gory samurai awesomeness!!! AZUMI 2 pics here!!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a behind the scenes look at the sequel to AZUMI, the bloody badass flick that I have yet to see, but has been going from festival to festival beating the hell out of everyone who watches it. Apparently, the sequel is being directed by Shusuke Kaneko, who did one of my favorite neo-Godzilla flicks, GMK.... I look forward to seeing what he does with the yummy Ms. Chiako "Go-Go" Kuriyama... and I also look forward to seeing the original!!! Enjoy the below pics... remember to click NEXT on the bottom of the pages for each gallery has at least 2 pages to it!!!
Just a few words because my english is not so good.
The production of Azumi 2 has began on April 15th and Ryuhei Kitamura, who directed the first feature, has passed on the franchise to genre filmmaker Shusuke Kaneko. Chiako Kuriyama, Go Go Yubari in Kill Bill: Vol. 1 will co-star.
The end of production is June and a theatrical release in Japan is scheduled for January 2005.
And now thie links for some pics:
greetings from germany
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 31, 2004, 3:13 a.m. CST
Bloodied samurai. Fucking Awesome!
May 31, 2004, 3:24 a.m. CST
by Cash Bailey
Never saw the first movie. Is she in that one too?
May 31, 2004, 4:09 a.m. CST
by el zar
She looks wimpy. Hey,Uma could give her lessons.
May 31, 2004, 4:44 a.m. CST
I heard it wasn't very good, but now I'm gonna watch it as preparation because Shusuke Kaneko is doing the sequel. I think that guy is one of the great unnoticed (at least in these parts) directors working today. He's gotta be a fuckin genius to make 3 movies about giant turtles that are as great as those movies he made. Also the godzilla picture was very good. good job Shusuke Kaneko.
May 31, 2004, 4:47 a.m. CST
Azumi 2 could be porn, as i see
May 31, 2004, 5:58 a.m. CST
It looks like a nice Samurai flick, but the costumes are rediculous. Reminds me of Xena.
May 31, 2004, 6:58 a.m. CST
While it isn
May 31, 2004, 7:14 a.m. CST
Stating that Chiako Kuriyama is hot is like say the sky is blue, It's fucking obvious! :D God damn is she hot! Have to find Azumi now, mmm hot chicks and samuria flix.
May 31, 2004, 7:22 a.m. CST
The villians are boring and extremely one dimensional. Yes some people might say it's a mindless movie that's supposed to be like a life-action anime film. But that dosen't mean the story has to suck. I'm surprised they are actually making the sequel. Looks like more of the same poser shit, ie, villians and hero face off in a series of poses while the wind blows their hair in stylistic manner. If you don't believe me, catch the code 2 DVD or even an asian pirated DVD copy of the first movie. It's bad. Avoid at all costs!... you have been warned! heheh :-)
May 31, 2004, 8:42 a.m. CST
by Judge Doom
May 31, 2004, 8:49 a.m. CST
You must not like samurai actionmovies, then. Which is fine, and you
May 31, 2004, 10:36 a.m. CST
May 31, 2004, 11:41 a.m. CST
Who's the chick that plays Azumi? Man she's hot too!
May 31, 2004, 1:41 p.m. CST
Here we go again! Some idiot users on this sight don't know what their talking about or are just trying to start another flame war. It's probably a little of both. Either way most Asian action films blow away the American competition every time. Yes, they are not always perfect, but damn close. Sorry that Kitamura is not directing, but I think as long as the script and over plot are are good, then we should have nothing to worry about. I know I have said in the pass that most people on this sight don't know much about Asian cinema, but that's not true anymore. There are far too many outlets for people not to know about these films. Still this sight does drag in a lot of uninformed assholes for which I don't see an end to that in sight!
May 31, 2004, 1:54 p.m. CST
Hey that whore from Kill Bill is in the movie too, you know the girl with a big nose?
May 31, 2004, 4:15 p.m. CST
She is hot! And I'm a white guy wtf@!111oneone omg loLooLl!
May 31, 2004, 5:50 p.m. CST
The Dark Helmet lookin' mofo with the Vega claw was enough to get me interested!
May 31, 2004, 10:04 p.m. CST
by el zar
Still, i'll see this movie.
June 1, 2004, 4:50 a.m. CST
by Max Rockatansky
Honestly, I don't get why some of you guys think she's hot. Is it because she has balls on a chain?
June 2, 2004, 3:34 a.m. CST
Zero Story. Uninspired characters and action sequences. And people flame me for saying it's bad? If you have watched the movie then come back and comment, not blindly defend it cos you think "it's-japanese-sword-fighting-anime-live-action-so-it-must-be=super-cool". Watch the movie first and honestly tell me that the movie was remotely entertaining. Nothing but cliche after cliche, scenes and plot points that come and go and do not connect at all. Characters that appear for no reason. Action sequences that's a cheap HK action movie wannabe. Swordplay and action movie can be entertaining and have a good story. "Azumi" has neither of those qualities. And yeah, I do admit I finished watching the movie cos the lead actress is cute. That was the only redeming factor.
June 2, 2004, 7:58 p.m. CST
by Raul Monkey
Just because it hasn't been spelled properly in the letter, Quint's commentary, or in the TalkBack yet, I feel obliged to say it's C-H-I-A-K-I; unless Chiako is some queer Japanese alternative, which its not.
June 2, 2004, 8:44 p.m. CST
Okay, I'll say it. I bought the "Azumi" DVD after seeing "Versus", and I thought "Azumi" was a great movie. I will not defend this movie because of anime or samurai connections, because honestly I hate anime and I think samurai flicks are okay. I found it entertaining for what it was: a brainless movie that was extremely fun to watch.
June 2, 2004, 8:47 p.m. CST
There, I said it. I've seen it three times and loved the movie. Did it lack the features that movie critics orgasm over? Sure, but as a brainless movie, it was extremely fun to watch. Lack of plot? Whatever, it was straightforward plot. Uninspired characters? More like fun characters. I hate anime and think samurai flicks are okay, but I definitely found "Azumi" to be a great experience. Definite viewing.
June 3, 2004, 2:16 a.m. CST
by el zar
What he said... The movie's cool for the action. But that's about it. The cuteness helps too.
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 27 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 384 total posts 12 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 423 total posts 10 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post