MEET THE FOCKERS Startling Revelation!! Greg Has A Son'!
Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...
This is shaping up to be one wild and woolly sequel. The proposed casting of Dustin Hoffman as Ben Stiller’s father and Barbra Streisand as the inevitably-named Mother Focker is actually pretty great, and now there’s this tidbit that points to an interesting storyline we didn’t see coming after the first one:
Not much is known about the story...but I saw this today.... check out the two roles...apparently Greg Focker has a kid...and he's mulatto! Interesting.
MEET THE FOCKERS (Two Roles) Feature Film
PRODUCERS: Jane Rosenthal / Robert DeNiro / Jay Roach
DIRECTOR: Jay Roach
START DATE: Approx. early April
LOCATION: Los Angeles
GREG FOCKER: Cast (BEN STILLER)
JACK: Cast (ROBERT DeNIRO)
[MONIQUE] 30s to early 40s. OVERWEIGHT, AFRICAN-AMERICAN woman. Was once a housekeeper for the Focker family, but now owns her own successful catering company. Must be good with comedy.
[FRANKIE] Frankie is the son of Ben Stiller and African-American Woman. 13 - 16 years old, MULATTO, MUST RESEMBLE BEN STILLER.
Wait... so did Greg pork the housekeeper? And this kid is the result? Man, I’d like to see this one be good. The first one’s not a classic, but it had its moments, and the chemistry couldn’t have been any better.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 16, 2004, 8:32 a.m. CST
Feb. 16, 2004, 9:40 p.m. CST
Weird. Oh well, the first was hilarious, and we all know we can trust hollywood with sequels!
Feb. 17, 2004, 2:08 a.m. CST
by Cash Bailey
Does this mean they're shoe-horning in some sassy sistah to cash in in the dubious success of that piece of sputum BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE?
Feb. 17, 2004, 4:05 a.m. CST
No, hold on, it didn't.
Feb. 17, 2004, 7:38 a.m. CST
I think the first one is classic, actually. The screenplay's so tight, there aren't any superfluous bits and it's funny scene after funny scene. It really does stand up to repeated viewings, like few other films (Withnail and I is another for me). They can't fuck it up with the sequel, though. Fingers-crossed they don't patronise us with some kind of post-9/11 reflective bullshit. They wouldn't have had the classic scene on the plane in the first if it had come out the year later. And that would have been truly tragic.
Feb. 17, 2004, 10:55 a.m. CST
And, I dunno, Loretta Devine.
Feb. 17, 2004, 11:06 a.m. CST
by Mr Stonky
Why make a fuss about someone being mixed race? What a crazy, mixed-up, racist lot you Americans are!
Feb. 17, 2004, 10:19 p.m. CST
Feb. 18, 2004, 2:27 a.m. CST
Glad to see we're all being careful not to spoil anything for anybody by, I don't know, posting details about a film in the frickin' headline! I might not have wanted to know about Greg's child, mulatto or otherwise. Thanks a bunch, Harry. Real responsible.
Feb. 18, 2004, 6:45 p.m. CST
i've been looking for one like this with part listings and stuff.
Feb. 18, 2004, 9:40 p.m. CST
Shades of Queen Latifah! For the poster who accuses the U.S. of racism, the answer is yes. Sad to say.
Feb. 18, 2004, 9:43 p.m. CST
I hear the kid may be played by Emmanuel "Webster" Lewis, but only if he shaves real close. Or he might be played by Jimmy "JJ" Walker on his knees. DY-NO-MITE!!!
- War Machine to join Iron Man and friends in THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!?! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 405 total posts 11 posts
- Sony has announced that we are not only getting a VENOM film but we are also getting a SINISTER-SIX film!!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 135 total posts 10 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 312 total posts 8 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 109 total posts 6 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 96 total posts 4 posts
- THE KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM gets a release date! But which version will we see? -- 24 total posts 4 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 183 total posts 3 posts