MEET THE FOCKERS Startling Revelation!! Greg Has A Son'!
Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...
This is shaping up to be one wild and woolly sequel. The proposed casting of Dustin Hoffman as Ben Stiller’s father and Barbra Streisand as the inevitably-named Mother Focker is actually pretty great, and now there’s this tidbit that points to an interesting storyline we didn’t see coming after the first one:
Not much is known about the story...but I saw this today.... check out the two roles...apparently Greg Focker has a kid...and he's mulatto! Interesting.
MEET THE FOCKERS (Two Roles) Feature Film
PRODUCERS: Jane Rosenthal / Robert DeNiro / Jay Roach
DIRECTOR: Jay Roach
START DATE: Approx. early April
LOCATION: Los Angeles
GREG FOCKER: Cast (BEN STILLER)
JACK: Cast (ROBERT DeNIRO)
[MONIQUE] 30s to early 40s. OVERWEIGHT, AFRICAN-AMERICAN woman. Was once a housekeeper for the Focker family, but now owns her own successful catering company. Must be good with comedy.
[FRANKIE] Frankie is the son of Ben Stiller and African-American Woman. 13 - 16 years old, MULATTO, MUST RESEMBLE BEN STILLER.
Wait... so did Greg pork the housekeeper? And this kid is the result? Man, I’d like to see this one be good. The first one’s not a classic, but it had its moments, and the chemistry couldn’t have been any better.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 16, 2004, 8:32 a.m. CST
Feb. 16, 2004, 9:40 p.m. CST
Weird. Oh well, the first was hilarious, and we all know we can trust hollywood with sequels!
Feb. 17, 2004, 2:08 a.m. CST
by Cash Bailey
Does this mean they're shoe-horning in some sassy sistah to cash in in the dubious success of that piece of sputum BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE?
Feb. 17, 2004, 4:05 a.m. CST
No, hold on, it didn't.
Feb. 17, 2004, 7:38 a.m. CST
I think the first one is classic, actually. The screenplay's so tight, there aren't any superfluous bits and it's funny scene after funny scene. It really does stand up to repeated viewings, like few other films (Withnail and I is another for me). They can't fuck it up with the sequel, though. Fingers-crossed they don't patronise us with some kind of post-9/11 reflective bullshit. They wouldn't have had the classic scene on the plane in the first if it had come out the year later. And that would have been truly tragic.
Feb. 17, 2004, 10:55 a.m. CST
And, I dunno, Loretta Devine.
Feb. 17, 2004, 11:06 a.m. CST
by Mr Stonky
Why make a fuss about someone being mixed race? What a crazy, mixed-up, racist lot you Americans are!
Feb. 17, 2004, 10:19 p.m. CST
Feb. 18, 2004, 2:27 a.m. CST
Glad to see we're all being careful not to spoil anything for anybody by, I don't know, posting details about a film in the frickin' headline! I might not have wanted to know about Greg's child, mulatto or otherwise. Thanks a bunch, Harry. Real responsible.
Feb. 18, 2004, 6:45 p.m. CST
i've been looking for one like this with part listings and stuff.
Feb. 18, 2004, 9:40 p.m. CST
Shades of Queen Latifah! For the poster who accuses the U.S. of racism, the answer is yes. Sad to say.
Feb. 18, 2004, 9:43 p.m. CST
I hear the kid may be played by Emmanuel "Webster" Lewis, but only if he shaves real close. Or he might be played by Jimmy "JJ" Walker on his knees. DY-NO-MITE!!!
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 293 total posts 293 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 549 total posts 229 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 606 total posts 156 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 137 total posts 137 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 776 total posts 111 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 78 total posts 78 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 50 total posts 50 posts