MEET THE FOCKERS Startling Revelation!! Greg Has A Son'!
Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...
This is shaping up to be one wild and woolly sequel. The proposed casting of Dustin Hoffman as Ben Stiller’s father and Barbra Streisand as the inevitably-named Mother Focker is actually pretty great, and now there’s this tidbit that points to an interesting storyline we didn’t see coming after the first one:
Not much is known about the story...but I saw this today.... check out the two roles...apparently Greg Focker has a kid...and he's mulatto! Interesting.
MEET THE FOCKERS (Two Roles) Feature Film
PRODUCERS: Jane Rosenthal / Robert DeNiro / Jay Roach
DIRECTOR: Jay Roach
START DATE: Approx. early April
LOCATION: Los Angeles
GREG FOCKER: Cast (BEN STILLER)
JACK: Cast (ROBERT DeNIRO)
[MONIQUE] 30s to early 40s. OVERWEIGHT, AFRICAN-AMERICAN woman. Was once a housekeeper for the Focker family, but now owns her own successful catering company. Must be good with comedy.
[FRANKIE] Frankie is the son of Ben Stiller and African-American Woman. 13 - 16 years old, MULATTO, MUST RESEMBLE BEN STILLER.
Wait... so did Greg pork the housekeeper? And this kid is the result? Man, I’d like to see this one be good. The first one’s not a classic, but it had its moments, and the chemistry couldn’t have been any better.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 16, 2004, 8:32 a.m. CST
Feb. 16, 2004, 9:40 p.m. CST
Weird. Oh well, the first was hilarious, and we all know we can trust hollywood with sequels!
Feb. 17, 2004, 2:08 a.m. CST
by Cash Bailey
Does this mean they're shoe-horning in some sassy sistah to cash in in the dubious success of that piece of sputum BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE?
Feb. 17, 2004, 4:05 a.m. CST
No, hold on, it didn't.
Feb. 17, 2004, 7:38 a.m. CST
I think the first one is classic, actually. The screenplay's so tight, there aren't any superfluous bits and it's funny scene after funny scene. It really does stand up to repeated viewings, like few other films (Withnail and I is another for me). They can't fuck it up with the sequel, though. Fingers-crossed they don't patronise us with some kind of post-9/11 reflective bullshit. They wouldn't have had the classic scene on the plane in the first if it had come out the year later. And that would have been truly tragic.
Feb. 17, 2004, 10:55 a.m. CST
And, I dunno, Loretta Devine.
Feb. 17, 2004, 11:06 a.m. CST
by Mr Stonky
Why make a fuss about someone being mixed race? What a crazy, mixed-up, racist lot you Americans are!
Feb. 17, 2004, 10:19 p.m. CST
Feb. 18, 2004, 2:27 a.m. CST
Glad to see we're all being careful not to spoil anything for anybody by, I don't know, posting details about a film in the frickin' headline! I might not have wanted to know about Greg's child, mulatto or otherwise. Thanks a bunch, Harry. Real responsible.
Feb. 18, 2004, 6:45 p.m. CST
i've been looking for one like this with part listings and stuff.
Feb. 18, 2004, 9:40 p.m. CST
Shades of Queen Latifah! For the poster who accuses the U.S. of racism, the answer is yes. Sad to say.
Feb. 18, 2004, 9:43 p.m. CST
I hear the kid may be played by Emmanuel "Webster" Lewis, but only if he shaves real close. Or he might be played by Jimmy "JJ" Walker on his knees. DY-NO-MITE!!!
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 106 total posts 106 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 336 total posts 42 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 59 total posts 37 posts
- Jon Favreau Still Contemplating A Trip To The MAGIC KINGDOM! -- 61 total posts 35 posts