MEET THE FOCKERS Startling Revelation!! Greg Has A Son'!
Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...
This is shaping up to be one wild and woolly sequel. The proposed casting of Dustin Hoffman as Ben Stiller’s father and Barbra Streisand as the inevitably-named Mother Focker is actually pretty great, and now there’s this tidbit that points to an interesting storyline we didn’t see coming after the first one:
Not much is known about the story...but I saw this today.... check out the two roles...apparently Greg Focker has a kid...and he's mulatto! Interesting.
MEET THE FOCKERS (Two Roles) Feature Film
PRODUCERS: Jane Rosenthal / Robert DeNiro / Jay Roach
DIRECTOR: Jay Roach
START DATE: Approx. early April
LOCATION: Los Angeles
GREG FOCKER: Cast (BEN STILLER)
JACK: Cast (ROBERT DeNIRO)
[MONIQUE] 30s to early 40s. OVERWEIGHT, AFRICAN-AMERICAN woman. Was once a housekeeper for the Focker family, but now owns her own successful catering company. Must be good with comedy.
[FRANKIE] Frankie is the son of Ben Stiller and African-American Woman. 13 - 16 years old, MULATTO, MUST RESEMBLE BEN STILLER.
Wait... so did Greg pork the housekeeper? And this kid is the result? Man, I’d like to see this one be good. The first one’s not a classic, but it had its moments, and the chemistry couldn’t have been any better.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Feb. 16, 2004, 8:32 a.m. CST
Feb. 16, 2004, 9:40 p.m. CST
Weird. Oh well, the first was hilarious, and we all know we can trust hollywood with sequels!
Feb. 17, 2004, 2:08 a.m. CST
by Cash Bailey
Does this mean they're shoe-horning in some sassy sistah to cash in in the dubious success of that piece of sputum BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE?
Feb. 17, 2004, 4:05 a.m. CST
No, hold on, it didn't.
Feb. 17, 2004, 7:38 a.m. CST
I think the first one is classic, actually. The screenplay's so tight, there aren't any superfluous bits and it's funny scene after funny scene. It really does stand up to repeated viewings, like few other films (Withnail and I is another for me). They can't fuck it up with the sequel, though. Fingers-crossed they don't patronise us with some kind of post-9/11 reflective bullshit. They wouldn't have had the classic scene on the plane in the first if it had come out the year later. And that would have been truly tragic.
Feb. 17, 2004, 10:55 a.m. CST
And, I dunno, Loretta Devine.
Feb. 17, 2004, 11:06 a.m. CST
by Mr Stonky
Why make a fuss about someone being mixed race? What a crazy, mixed-up, racist lot you Americans are!
Feb. 17, 2004, 10:19 p.m. CST
Feb. 18, 2004, 2:27 a.m. CST
Glad to see we're all being careful not to spoil anything for anybody by, I don't know, posting details about a film in the frickin' headline! I might not have wanted to know about Greg's child, mulatto or otherwise. Thanks a bunch, Harry. Real responsible.
Feb. 18, 2004, 6:45 p.m. CST
i've been looking for one like this with part listings and stuff.
Feb. 18, 2004, 9:40 p.m. CST
Shades of Queen Latifah! For the poster who accuses the U.S. of racism, the answer is yes. Sad to say.
Feb. 18, 2004, 9:43 p.m. CST
I hear the kid may be played by Emmanuel "Webster" Lewis, but only if he shaves real close. Or he might be played by Jimmy "JJ" Walker on his knees. DY-NO-MITE!!!
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 298 total posts 148 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 427 total posts 146 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 317 total posts 71 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 247 total posts 27 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 211 total posts 21 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 586 total posts 20 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 205 total posts 12 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 153 total posts 7 posts