INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS...
I love the seventies version of the Don Seagal classic. Why? Well, because it ain't really a remake as much as it is a sequel. And I love that aspect. The best part being, that you don't know it's a sequel till about halfway through, when you see a key climatic event from the end of the original.
I love the tilting back of the head, the pointing and that unearthly wail. After seeing the film, you just can't help but walk around, all zomie-eyed and pointing at people and emulating the scream. It's just so dang fashionable. Try it at the next coctail luncheon, or at a wedding reception. It's the best.
One of the best things about this film is the cast. Ya have Donald Sutherland, who was just about as cool an actor as you could be in the seventies. He just had this feel to him that was perfect. Take a look at him in this and in KLUTE, THE EYE OF THE NEEDLE, MASH, etc... He just about kicks everyone's ass. And here, when he goes into the kitchen of that restaurant looking for rat turds... well... he's the scariest Health Inspector ever. He's cool. The scene has me in stiches.
Then you have Jeff Goldblum, who's just coming off of raping Charles Bronson's daughter in DEATH WISH, but here, he's really showing off. Like a cocky unconfident Woody Allen, he deals out psychosis and paranoaisms like fresh vegetables at a market. And his wife in the film. The wonderful Frog-eater, the berry-barfer, the psycho-chic is sooooo perfect as the quirky attractive woman you would want to marry and have a mud bath center with.
Finally ya have Leonard Nimoy, who I loooooooooove in this film, because he's not Spock. He's an entirely different character. When he throws Goldblum against that wall and wails into him... he's a god. He could of been such a fun actor, if people only utilized him, and played him against 'Spock-type'. Here as the intellectual psychiatrist... he's just perfect.
The film is filled with great cameos like Kevin McCarthy, and Don Siegal as the taxi cab driver... And there is the classic scene with the dog that is soooo much better than the similar one in MARS ATTACKS. Then we also have the cool scene with Sutherland with a hoe. Go take a look at this film, it holds up damn well, and is a great frigging movie in it's own right.
The audience played into it perfectly. Elijah was into it. He was excited. He was thrilled. The actors all got together and began talking about the film, how it played into theirs, and it served the perfect purpose. Ahhh... nothing like a good similar themed movie.
Next on the line up was...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Dec. 18, 2001, 1:17 a.m. CST
Dec. 18, 2001, 1:26 a.m. CST
Just been gettin smokey and watchin the DVD of Invasion of the Body Snatcher. How bout the Snatch? You gotta dig on the Snatch!? Huh? Especially Sutherland with the Hoe? Leonard Nimoy versus Jeff Goldblum? The Angles. The smashed window. This must have been a nice time. All the extras in the world and the foot chase. Oh the foot chase. No faces. Damn fun sequence. We watched some Copperfield tonight too. I'm sleeepy.
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 675 total posts 52 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 404 total posts 38 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 36 total posts 19 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 210 total posts 19 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 359 total posts 12 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 308 total posts 9 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts