Enterprise 2.5 FAQ
What’s it called?
“A Night in Sickbay.”
Teleplay is credited to Rick Berman and Brannon Braga (“Shockwave”).
Herc’s back to reviewing “Enterprise”? Why the long hiatus?
Blame it on settling into the new TV season and other distractions. (We haven’t been reporting on the show, but we have been watching.)
What does Herc think of the second season so far?
No terrible episodes, and the series demonstrated with 2.2 (“Carbon Creek,” aka “Vulcan ‘57”) that the show can still knock one out of the park given half a chance.
What does TV Guide say?
“Archer is fuming after the Kreetassans refuse to part with parts for Enterprise because of a diplomatic gaffe involving his dog, Porthos, which then falls ill with a mysterious disorder. But Dr. Phlox thinks there's more to Archer's rants than meets the ear.”
Do I remember something about this being the episode featuring the return of the “Black Hole Sun” smile.
The Kreetasans. We’ve seen them before?
They’re the easily offended aliens we encountered in season one. They’re offended again.
Does someone eat in front of the Kreetasans?
No. Porthos does something to one of their sacred Alvera trees.
Does Porthos pee on the sacred tree?
Like it’s on fire.
What’s this about Phlox thinking there’s more to Archer’s rants?
Phlox thinks Archer is secretly all hot for T’Pol.
Ha-what? Is Phlox right??
Well, of course. Who isn’t hot for T’Pol? Check out supposedly hetero Hoshi’s half-smiles and stolen glances as, in the teaser, the half-naked ensign slathers decon gel on her sinewy Vulcan superior.
The big news?
Archer has dirty dreams about T’Pol. Dirty dirty dreams. Involving decon gel and a large umbrella.
What else isn’t TV Guide telling us?
Archer gets to know Phlox a lot better when he stays the night in sickbay to keep an eye on ailing Porthos.
Does Archer acknowledge his feelings for T’Pol?
Not at first.
Does Archer act on his feelings for T’Pol?
That would be telling. We can say, however, that Phlox has advice on the matter.
Any sign of FutureGuy?
Is “A Night in Sickbay” better than the season's other big bonding episode, “Minefield”?
The scads of sexual tension in general, and the decon-chamber action with T’Pol and Hoshi in particular. Archer’s erotic dreams. And we learn how Porthos got his name.
What’s not so good?
We’re treading water a bit. Mixed-gender decon. Comically offended aliens. Fantasy sequences involving T’Pol. Been seen done. Also? A lot of the “Odd Couple” stuff is a little awkward and off-putting, with too many comic misfires. Why do the Kreetassans know about chainsaws?
“Odd Couple”? Who’s Felix and who’s Oscar?
Like their names don’t give it away? Archer is the grumpy one; Phlox is the one with the disturbing personal habits. Make the call.
How does it end, spoiler-boy?
Phlox gives Archer the smile.
Herc’s rating for “Enterprise” 2.5?
The Hercules T. Strong Rating System:
8 p.m. Wednesday. UPN.
To order coffee mugs and boxer shorts adorned with the image of a green, handicapable “Buffy” fanatic, click here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 17, 2002, 6:46 p.m. CST
Oct. 17, 2002, 11:13 p.m. CST
by Noriko Takaya
And I never thought I'd say that. If you want me, I'll be at Dark Horizons or The Force.net until you guys get this schitt straightened out. Jeebus.
Oct. 18, 2002, 3:45 a.m. CST
by Zone Zero
That you guys have to keep griping. Hey, change is good. Deal with it. And I wish that I watched more TV. I like Enterprise, yet my TV is on roughly 3 hours a day at best.
Oct. 18, 2002, 9:54 p.m. CST
Please tell me you were kidding when you said that Carbon Creek was "knocking one out of the park"? Vermin and Braggart have taken the worst of V'ger and added a continuity problem the size of those Vulcan hooters. They are treating Enterprose as an original series and are ignoring the series own history and they still can't write a time travel episode if their life depended on it. GentlePrize has been a disappointment from day one and the only reason I watch it is to see if , by some chance , they will air an old Star Trek OS episode. As for a Night in sickbay, the show had all the sexual tension of a Three's Company episode, but with worse acting. I will have to say that this stand on this wet rag of a series taints all of your reviews. If A Night in Sickbay is a 3 star event then I would hate to see what a 1 star is. That's sad.
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 82 total posts 82 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 213 total posts 72 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 391 total posts 64 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 101 total posts 52 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 37 total posts 37 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 193 total posts 35 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 140 total posts 32 posts