HERC Gives Tonight's PRACTICE ****!!
The Practice 6.8 FAQ
What’s it called?
“Suffer the Little Children .”
Teleplay credited to Lynne E. Litt (“Gideon’s Crossing”) & James Solomon (“100 Centre Street”).
What does TV Guide say?
“A drive-by murder case entangles Ellenor with ADA Lowe (Ron Livingston), whose tactics draw fire; the plight of a mentally impaired, wrongfully jailed outcast absorbs Lindsay.”
What is TV Guide not telling us?
Tonight’s installment is a major tearjerker - a real three-hanky item - thanks in large part to the emotion-gripping dialogue by Litt & Solomon and the performances of guest players Ray McKinnon (who essays the mentally impaired man) and Kimberlee Peterson (who portrays the teen daughter he hasn’t seen in 15 years).
Why is this review so short?
Because it’s way way past Herc’s bedtime, but he didn’t want anyone to needlessly miss a top-drawer episode because there wasn't time to slap together a real write-up.
How good can it be if David E. Kelley didn't write it?
It's so good it might leave you wishing Kelley would turn the whole show over to Litt & Solomon so Kelley can spend more on "Boston Public."
Is the Ellenor plot good too?
It’s great (Ron Livingston is shark-like as he embodies the insanely ruthless new DA), but it’s really the story of the family needlessly torn apart by a rogue cop that’ll leave strong men weeping as tonight’s 11 o’clock anchors start in with the headlines.
Herc’s rating for “The Practice” 6.8?
The Hercules T. Strong Rating System:
To order coffee mugs and boxer shorts adorned with the image of a green, handicapable “Alias” fanatic, click here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Nov. 25, 2001, 10:35 a.m. CST
Well its no 5 star.
Nov. 25, 2001, 11:17 a.m. CST
Nov. 25, 2001, 2:48 p.m. CST
by Regis Travolta
It says that Herc shall work like a jerk 24/7 nonstop watching tapes of upcoming TV shows and posting his incisive reviews here. He gets Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off but only if he has previously posted reviews of A Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. He also gets the 4th of July, Labor Day and Thanksgiving off and New Year's Eve and Day that's all. So stop sleeping on the job and get back to work you jerk!
Nov. 25, 2001, 3:02 p.m. CST
Ron Livingston is going to be a gem for this show, I think Lara has exhausted her character. This season started off strong but I didn't like the entire Jimmy/Gambling/Lying/Fueding with Eugene story arc.
Nov. 25, 2001, 3:04 p.m. CST
by Andre Nickatina
YES! SUCK IT! SUCK IT! WHOOOOOO!
Nov. 26, 2001, 10:26 a.m. CST
Nobody on "The Practice," not a lawyer, not a judge, not a cop, not a secretary, not a client, not a client's relative, not a witness, nobody - whether rich, middle-class or poor - has a Boston accent. Maybe I'm wrong. Suit yourself.
Nov. 26, 2001, 6:46 p.m. CST
by The Founder
good, but not as great as Herc says, and trust me it won't have you emotional, and the story involving the Drive by was just as good as the mentally challanged man. The woman's 14 year old son was gunned down, and it was touching as well, because the police truly dooesn't make a crime commited against a African American a main priority, and that is real. So the new DA was faced with a moral dilemma, and he did what every it took to bring that 14 year old murder victim to justice, and while some may not agree with his actions, I supported them.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 297 total posts 147 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 361 total posts 80 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 269 total posts 23 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 584 total posts 18 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 237 total posts 17 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 203 total posts 13 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 202 total posts 9 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 121 total posts 6 posts