The Dunwich Whore tells us about the goings ons with John Waters!!!
Harry here and I need to suffer head trauma....
I've never sent in a report before, but I thought y'all might be at least somewhat interested in this little item...
Saturday night, the "Prince of Puke" (as he was introduced), John Waters, spoke in Akron, Ohio. It was a very entertaining evening, and he shared lots of great stories (such as the later adventures of The Singing Asshole from Pink Flamingos) and he revealed a few tidbits about his upcoming projects...
He and an associate are currently working on a book on modern art to coincide with an exhibit they've been putting together. The book will be entitled Sex and should be out next year.
Also, Mr. Waters mentioned that he would be heading to L.A. in a few days to attempt to secure funding for his next film, which is tentatively titled A Dirty Shame. The film will tell the story of "the small percentage of people who suffer head traumas that then become sex addicts." Indeed.
Another item in the works (though not under his direct supervision) is a musical of Hairspray that should be hitting the stage next year. John mentioned that he's seen workshop rehearsals for it and that he's very excited. The new music for the show is being written by Marc Shaiman and his partner.
FInally, John closed with an answer to the following question from an audience member: "Who is the filthiest person in the world?" Of course, in proper Watersian wit, "Michael Jackson! Goodnight!"
Hope this is of some use to you, Harry...keep up the good work!
The Dunwich Whore
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:12 p.m. CST
It's the only one of Water's films I didnt enjoy. Pink Flamingos is still by far his best, & I'm impressed with his more recent work, conserding I never thought he'd do anything worthwhile or truley craptastic after his starlet Divine passed. It's always good to see a truley demented mind such as his perserving on the screen. Hail & Kill
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:56 p.m. CST
by L.B. Jefferies
What's the singing asshole been doing for the past 30 years?!!! And does he make a noise when he farts?
Oct. 15, 2001, 6:18 p.m. CST
by Basic Alias
It just seemed too damn tame. The shoot-outs were bland, nobody took off their clothes in the orgy at the end... come on, is this a John Waters flick or not? I'm not saying all of his movies have to be over-the-top gross-outs, but when you know what a director is capable of, and he under-performs, it's disappointing. Despite this, I am looking forward to his next film, and I hope he gets back on track.
Oct. 16, 2001, 5:16 p.m. CST
by Ted Lebowski
Do we really need a Hairspray on stage? What the fuck?! John Waters is a demented, sick, fuck.
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 131 total posts 27 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 410 total posts 20 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 39 total posts 15 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 622 total posts 6 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 51 total posts 5 posts
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 67 total posts 4 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 5 total posts 4 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 109 total posts 3 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 605 total posts 3 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 80 total posts 3 posts