The Dunwich Whore tells us about the goings ons with John Waters!!!
Harry here and I need to suffer head trauma....
I've never sent in a report before, but I thought y'all might be at least somewhat interested in this little item...
Saturday night, the "Prince of Puke" (as he was introduced), John Waters, spoke in Akron, Ohio. It was a very entertaining evening, and he shared lots of great stories (such as the later adventures of The Singing Asshole from Pink Flamingos) and he revealed a few tidbits about his upcoming projects...
He and an associate are currently working on a book on modern art to coincide with an exhibit they've been putting together. The book will be entitled Sex and should be out next year.
Also, Mr. Waters mentioned that he would be heading to L.A. in a few days to attempt to secure funding for his next film, which is tentatively titled A Dirty Shame. The film will tell the story of "the small percentage of people who suffer head traumas that then become sex addicts." Indeed.
Another item in the works (though not under his direct supervision) is a musical of Hairspray that should be hitting the stage next year. John mentioned that he's seen workshop rehearsals for it and that he's very excited. The new music for the show is being written by Marc Shaiman and his partner.
FInally, John closed with an answer to the following question from an audience member: "Who is the filthiest person in the world?" Of course, in proper Watersian wit, "Michael Jackson! Goodnight!"
Hope this is of some use to you, Harry...keep up the good work!
The Dunwich Whore
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:12 p.m. CST
It's the only one of Water's films I didnt enjoy. Pink Flamingos is still by far his best, & I'm impressed with his more recent work, conserding I never thought he'd do anything worthwhile or truley craptastic after his starlet Divine passed. It's always good to see a truley demented mind such as his perserving on the screen. Hail & Kill
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:56 p.m. CST
by L.B. Jefferies
What's the singing asshole been doing for the past 30 years?!!! And does he make a noise when he farts?
Oct. 15, 2001, 6:18 p.m. CST
by Basic Alias
It just seemed too damn tame. The shoot-outs were bland, nobody took off their clothes in the orgy at the end... come on, is this a John Waters flick or not? I'm not saying all of his movies have to be over-the-top gross-outs, but when you know what a director is capable of, and he under-performs, it's disappointing. Despite this, I am looking forward to his next film, and I hope he gets back on track.
Oct. 16, 2001, 5:16 p.m. CST
by Ted Lebowski
Do we really need a Hairspray on stage? What the fuck?! John Waters is a demented, sick, fuck.
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 166 total posts 166 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 183 total posts 62 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 113 total posts 54 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 147 total posts 33 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 338 total posts 22 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 133 total posts 15 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Time of the Doctor'!! -- 73 total posts 13 posts
- Some Cool Images Preview The Upcoming Trailer From Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW!! -- 158 total posts 10 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 507 total posts 9 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 359 total posts 8 posts