The Dunwich Whore tells us about the goings ons with John Waters!!!
Harry here and I need to suffer head trauma....
I've never sent in a report before, but I thought y'all might be at least somewhat interested in this little item...
Saturday night, the "Prince of Puke" (as he was introduced), John Waters, spoke in Akron, Ohio. It was a very entertaining evening, and he shared lots of great stories (such as the later adventures of The Singing Asshole from Pink Flamingos) and he revealed a few tidbits about his upcoming projects...
He and an associate are currently working on a book on modern art to coincide with an exhibit they've been putting together. The book will be entitled Sex and should be out next year.
Also, Mr. Waters mentioned that he would be heading to L.A. in a few days to attempt to secure funding for his next film, which is tentatively titled A Dirty Shame. The film will tell the story of "the small percentage of people who suffer head traumas that then become sex addicts." Indeed.
Another item in the works (though not under his direct supervision) is a musical of Hairspray that should be hitting the stage next year. John mentioned that he's seen workshop rehearsals for it and that he's very excited. The new music for the show is being written by Marc Shaiman and his partner.
FInally, John closed with an answer to the following question from an audience member: "Who is the filthiest person in the world?" Of course, in proper Watersian wit, "Michael Jackson! Goodnight!"
Hope this is of some use to you, Harry...keep up the good work!
The Dunwich Whore
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:12 p.m. CST
It's the only one of Water's films I didnt enjoy. Pink Flamingos is still by far his best, & I'm impressed with his more recent work, conserding I never thought he'd do anything worthwhile or truley craptastic after his starlet Divine passed. It's always good to see a truley demented mind such as his perserving on the screen. Hail & Kill
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:56 p.m. CST
by L.B. Jefferies
What's the singing asshole been doing for the past 30 years?!!! And does he make a noise when he farts?
Oct. 15, 2001, 6:18 p.m. CST
by Basic Alias
It just seemed too damn tame. The shoot-outs were bland, nobody took off their clothes in the orgy at the end... come on, is this a John Waters flick or not? I'm not saying all of his movies have to be over-the-top gross-outs, but when you know what a director is capable of, and he under-performs, it's disappointing. Despite this, I am looking forward to his next film, and I hope he gets back on track.
Oct. 16, 2001, 5:16 p.m. CST
by Ted Lebowski
Do we really need a Hairspray on stage? What the fuck?! John Waters is a demented, sick, fuck.
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 357 total posts 278 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 103 total posts 103 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 340 total posts 84 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 328 total posts 80 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 93 total posts 73 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 422 total posts 65 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 191 total posts 63 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts