The Dunwich Whore tells us about the goings ons with John Waters!!!
Harry here and I need to suffer head trauma....
I've never sent in a report before, but I thought y'all might be at least somewhat interested in this little item...
Saturday night, the "Prince of Puke" (as he was introduced), John Waters, spoke in Akron, Ohio. It was a very entertaining evening, and he shared lots of great stories (such as the later adventures of The Singing Asshole from Pink Flamingos) and he revealed a few tidbits about his upcoming projects...
He and an associate are currently working on a book on modern art to coincide with an exhibit they've been putting together. The book will be entitled Sex and should be out next year.
Also, Mr. Waters mentioned that he would be heading to L.A. in a few days to attempt to secure funding for his next film, which is tentatively titled A Dirty Shame. The film will tell the story of "the small percentage of people who suffer head traumas that then become sex addicts." Indeed.
Another item in the works (though not under his direct supervision) is a musical of Hairspray that should be hitting the stage next year. John mentioned that he's seen workshop rehearsals for it and that he's very excited. The new music for the show is being written by Marc Shaiman and his partner.
FInally, John closed with an answer to the following question from an audience member: "Who is the filthiest person in the world?" Of course, in proper Watersian wit, "Michael Jackson! Goodnight!"
Hope this is of some use to you, Harry...keep up the good work!
The Dunwich Whore
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:12 p.m. CST
It's the only one of Water's films I didnt enjoy. Pink Flamingos is still by far his best, & I'm impressed with his more recent work, conserding I never thought he'd do anything worthwhile or truley craptastic after his starlet Divine passed. It's always good to see a truley demented mind such as his perserving on the screen. Hail & Kill
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:56 p.m. CST
by L.B. Jefferies
What's the singing asshole been doing for the past 30 years?!!! And does he make a noise when he farts?
Oct. 15, 2001, 6:18 p.m. CST
by Basic Alias
It just seemed too damn tame. The shoot-outs were bland, nobody took off their clothes in the orgy at the end... come on, is this a John Waters flick or not? I'm not saying all of his movies have to be over-the-top gross-outs, but when you know what a director is capable of, and he under-performs, it's disappointing. Despite this, I am looking forward to his next film, and I hope he gets back on track.
Oct. 16, 2001, 5:16 p.m. CST
by Ted Lebowski
Do we really need a Hairspray on stage? What the fuck?! John Waters is a demented, sick, fuck.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 126 total posts 126 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 210 total posts 81 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 297 total posts 44 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 37 total posts 37 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 490 total posts 36 posts
- Nordling's Day One Of SXSW 2014 - THE DESERT And PREMATURE! -- 26 total posts 19 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 44 total posts 16 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 68 total posts 14 posts